Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maybe an airlock

Options
  • 19-05-2008 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

Hi there I hope one of you nice people can help.The hot water tap in my kitchen is just dribbling out.I have tried the hotwater downstairs and upstairs loo and these are both fine.Any ideas what I can do to fix it without having to get a plumber out.Thanks in advance ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

This might work - if you have a mixer tap (i.e. they're not separate hot and cold taps...) , then hold the palm of your hand over the tap outlet, turn on the hot and cold taps. The pressure from the cold water might push the airlock out if your lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭texas star

Thanks for that but it didnt work.Any other tips/hints :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭landydef

if that didnt work then it could possibly be something to do with the spindle
    a quick way you would know if it needs replacing without turning the hot off is to turn it to the on position,take the cover off,then slightly loosen the spindle with an adjustable spanner,if the flow increases then its the spindle if it doesnt then it sounds like dirt or possibly a kink in a pipe but it usually is the spindle!

Thank you for the reply my dad said he would give that a go for me over the weekend,so fingers crossed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

Did you get this sorted, texas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,356 ✭✭✭blackbox

Could be the pipe is blocked with a piece of PTFE tape.

Hey nope didnt get it sorted bugger.My dad wasnt sure which was the hot water pipe to turn it off.So it looks like I have to get a plumber,fingers crossed it doesnt cost an arm and a leg.Im only in the house 3 months.Will let you know and thanks for the replys ;)

Well I rang a plumber I know and he said that I should get in touch with the people that built the house that I have some warranty for the house(nice of him) to tell me.So I will ring in the morning see how I get on.Fingers crossed I get it for free.

Advertisement