Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice lads

Options
  • 19-05-2008 10:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭

Just start off by saying thanks to mods for lifting my one year ban.:D

Alright lads, just done a year in ''college'' but I didn't like it so I'm really considering repeating the LC next year.

What I need to know is how much has the course changed since 2007?

My subjects are:
    • Geography
    • History
    • Maths
    • Irish
    • English
    • French
    • Business

I would probably repeat in the Tute, but I'm not so sure on this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Antamojo

Are you doing HL English?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Antamojo wrote: »
    Are you doing HL English?

Probably like. Its not that bad is it?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Probably like. Its not that bad is it?:D

It's a completely new course. ie, new poets, new play, new headings for the comparative. That said, some of the poets overlap. If youre talking of doing it next year, 2009, the play is Mscbeth, but I just remembered you did that already. The poets are Adrienne Rich, John Keats, John Montague, Derek Mahon, Michael Longley and someone else. The headings for the comparative are Theme, general vision & viewpoint and cultural context.

Jay P wrote: »
    It's a completely new course. ie, new poets, new play, new headings for the comparative. That said, some of the poets overlap. If youre talking of doing it next year, 2009, the play is Mscbeth, but I just remembered you did that already. The poets are Adrienne Rich, John Keats, John Montague, Derek Mahon, Michael Longley and someone else. The headings for the comparative are Theme, general vision & viewpoint and cultural context.

Thanks for this info. Surely splashing 6,000 euro on this Institute would make the course become a bit more condensed. I did History there, and before I went in knew nothing. Got a B in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

Thanks for this info. Surely splashing 6,000 euro on this Institute would make the course become a bit more condensed. I did History there, and before I went in knew nothing. Got a B in the end.

Won't you need to pay fees for your first year in college though? Don't the government only pay for you once?

Can you really afford to splash out for the institute and then again for college? You've been taught all this stuff before. You're just revisiting it. I don't see why you'd need to hand over 6 grand to the tute. How did you do in '07 and how well do you need to do next year?

• Advertisement

Won't you need to pay fees for your first year in college though? Don't the government only pay for you once?

Can you really afford to splash out for the institute and then again for college? You've been taught all this stuff before. You're just revisiting it. I don't see why you'd need to hand over 6 grand to the tute. How did you do in '07 and how well do you need to do next year?

Well the thing is I did a FETAC thing. I didn't actually go to UCD, DCU or Trinity?

I got 325 last year.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Well the thing is I did a FETAC thing. I didn't actually go to UCD, DCU or Trinity?

I got 325 last year.

What course do you want to do eventually?

There are one year PLC courses which will get you into some courses as readily as points, plus are a qualification on their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

Repeating is definitely worth it if you do the work. I did and so did plenty of others in college with me. It's easier said than done though, especially after a year of college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Patrickisperfec

Did you have Seán DeLap in the institute? was he any good?

Advertisement