Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

James Whale

• 19-05-2008 10:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭

I hadn't listened to James Whale on TalkSport for a while and when I tuned in around 3 weeks ago he wasn't on. I tuned in a few other times since then and still no sign, I though maybe he was on holidays.

I found out today that he was sacked. I was a bit shocked as I thought he was entertaining (don't shoot me!).

Anyhow, it seems he urged listeners to vote for Boris Johnson in the London Mayoral Election before the election.

No second chance, P45 and out the door after 13 years with them.

UTV said "James Whale is guilty of a gross error of judgment which we found to be totally unacceptable .....and has told Ofcom that it has taken steps to prevent this happening again."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

broadcasting code: you can't urge people to vote for one party over another. Although where that leaves George Galloway on the same station is beyond me. Apparently he and his producer have a deal with the station whereby they take details of callers and emailers and contact them after the show, offering more information on the Respect party.

Advertisement