Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sadly missed Shiels shop for a sit down coffee break and a glance at the papers.

• 19-05-2008 11:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

I was disappointed to return to Ennis after a month and find a brand new "rip off” replacement for the old shiels service station shop on the Gort road. I used to enjoy buying a coffee and sandwich and having a quick glance over the daily papers from the stand. None of the staff had an issue with this as I was a regular and would always purchase food and drink on the premises. Now we have this new franchise store along with increased coffee and food prices and no sit down facilities. :mad:

Roll on Mac Donald’s, maybe they might offer us the Champion along with the Indo. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I was disappointed to return to Ennis after a month and find a brand new "rip off” replacement for the old shiels service station shop on the Gort road. I used to enjoy buying a coffee and sandwich and having a quick glance over the daily papers from the stand. None of the staff had an issue with this as I was a regular and would always purchase food and drink on the premises. Now we have this new franchise store along with increased coffee and food prices and no sit down facilities. :mad:

Roll on Mac Donald’s, maybe they might offer us the Champion along with the Indo. :)

Sorry, I really don't agree with this. I never liked Sheils's to be honext. It was always, I wouldn't say dirty but not very clean I think. Selection of stuff was always substandardas well. I think Centra will be a good thing now. And as for Mc Donalds, see the post I made in the thread regarding that very franchise...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭romah

Sheils will always be Sheils...as a matter of fact Centra is really just Sheils ..with a little bit of "disguise" ..Same friendly staff etc.etc...still open 24/7 ...including Christmas Day (did I just think of Christmas already !! :D) Oh no ..only 7 months to go !!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Jay P wrote: »
    Sorry, I really don't agree with this. I never liked Sheils's to be honext. It was always, I wouldn't say dirty but not very clean I think. Selection of stuff was always substandardas well. I think Centra will be a good thing now. And as for Mc Donalds, see the post I made in the thread regarding that very franchise...
    I never had a problem with hygene there. If it was it would be from people leaving a mess after themselves, ie kenco cups, wrappings and crumbs especially around lunch time. It was never ment to be a restaurant, just a place to have a quick snack and a cuppa. The staff would often remove the stools during the day to stop people especially students from hanging around.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I never had a problem with hygene there. If it was it would be from people leaving a mess after themselves, ie kenco cups, wrappings and crumbs especially around lunch time. It was never ment to be a restaurant, just a place to have a quick snack and a cuppa. The staff would often remove the stools during the day to stop people especially students from hanging around.

I don't mean it's dirty just a bit off-white if you know what I mean. Kinda dull.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Jay P wrote: »
    I don't mean it's dirty just a bit off-white if you know what I mean. Kinda dull.
    It was coming to the end of its shelf life so they had no interest in decorating the place over the last few years.

• Advertisement
Advertisement