Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aggressive cycling in park

Options
  • 19-05-2008 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

Strange incident in on Park cycle lane to-day. Tipping along enjoying the great day that was in it. Leaving the Aras bhind me I noticed a cyclist approaching some distance away riding straight at me, Now I'm on the extreme left hand side of the track and assuming he will move over. At the last moment he did letting a roar at me to lift my head as he passed. If that cyclist is a forum member I can assure him that once I saw him approaching on the wrong side of the path I watched him like a halk.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭ullu

There was a guy who I had two similar encounters with in town last summer.

The first one involved him cycling down the cycle lane on the wrong side of the road outside Dublin Castle at the junction of Parliament Street. I was stopped at the lights heading west, then set off slowly when they went green and gave him enough space to continue straight but he still called me a "stupid c**t".

A few weeks later, I was heading up Palace Street and noticed him coming towards me again. There was a woman with two young children so I slowed slightly to round them when he dangerously sped by; this time elaborating by calling me a "stupid blind c**t" and telling me to open my eyes.

The fury in his eyes on both occasions was something else, I'd say it's probably the same guy!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

it's almost worth carrying a pocket full of thumb tacks for encounters like this :D
    Muppets. I see the same on my commute sometimes, and also ppl going down a one way road on a path full of people walking from the luas. Taking the road would add all of about oh 0 seconds I'd say, cos they would be able to maintain a normal speed instead of a slow slalom down the path. Total muppets.

Advertisement