Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair charged me TWO handling fees without my permission!

Options
  • 19-05-2008 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Check this out:
    picture1.jpg

This was for a 1 way flight for 2 people - 1 person checking in baggage & the 2nd person wasnt. Its was with their soecial No Taxes & Charges flights costing £0.01, without taxes but before handling fees.

First of all during the booking they wouldnt allow the transaction through unless the 2nd person flying checked some bags in (even though they've no bags) & charge extra for it!
    They they've the cheek to charge me 2 handling fees....?

This is either a website cockup or pure thievery!
    I wonder can I get my £3.20 / €4 back?
    I'd ring their helpline but its probably €10 a minute.
    I wonder should I call the director of consumer affairs / the guards / Joe 'bleedin' Duffy?

Anyone else run into anything similar?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Ye they are a sham,, last time i booked for 2 people, i booked at separate times but they get you on credit card charges twice then

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

The handling charge is per passenger , not per flight....

How can you call flying two people from the uk for £18.95 anything other than a great bargin ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

First thing to do is call them, here's their number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

rinnin wrote: »
    Check this out:
    picture1.jpg

This was for a 1 way flight for 2 people - 1 person checking in baggage & the 2nd person wasnt. Its was with their soecial No Taxes & Charges flights costing £0.01, without taxes but before handling fees.

First of all during the booking they wouldnt allow the transaction through unless the 2nd person flying checked some bags in (even though they've no bags) & charge extra for it!
    They they've the cheek to charge me 2 handling fees....?

This is either a website cockup or pure thievery!
    I wonder can I get my £3.20 / €4 back?
    I'd ring their helpline but its probably €10 a minute.
    I wonder should I call the director of consumer affairs / the guards / Joe 'bleedin' Duffy?

Anyone else run into anything similar?

a flight for 19 quid and your complaining. It is indeed per person not per booking. Ticketmaster have the same practise and they were brought up on it, it was deemed to be perfectly legal.

If you want anything not resembling a bus service then use someone else. Aer-Lingus for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

19 quid? sure what are you complaining about!

Train to cork/galway/limerick is like 60 quid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Tails142 wrote: »
    19 quid? sure what are you complaining about!

If you're getting cheated why should have to wait til your paying lots of money before you complain?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Why is there a handling charge when I reserve my flights?

To defray the substantial administration costs we incur when processing credit and debit cards or ELV direct debits a handling fee applies to each passenger per flight segment.

nothing to see here, folks, move along and make sure you actually read the terms and conditions before booking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Another case of bash Ryanair first, ask questions later - "sure they are ryanair - they must be wrong" :rolleyes:.

Yes, OP please ring Joe Duffy to let them know you were wrong and apologise to Ryanair on the air. Maybe then call the gardai to let them know you were spreading lies about Ryanair. BTW the Ryanair phone number is charged at a national rate and not at your silly €10 per minute presumption. *sigh* some people will never be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Op - on a matter of principle you should cancel your booking and go with Aer fungus or another. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

Axer i ahve to say your particuarly sarcastis and unhelpfull

If you have nothing to say may i sugest you dont get involved

• Advertisement

maglite wrote: »

Sorry master sir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

maglite wrote: »

But he did say something ... i dont get what your point is.

The irony being that maglite posts with nothing to say about the topic and gives out to me! lol! :pac: :D

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

I think you might be best off just to leave it! It will cost you more then the €4 to ring them up to get refunded.

My parents recently had to call Ryanair for some B&B customers who wanted to fly home as they were sick. Got cut off twice (they just hung up) and in the end the call cost 19Euro! It wasnt even a long call!

Let it be is my best advise

I think you might be best off just to leave it! It will cost you more then the €4 to ring them up to get refunded.
    The op has no entitlement to a refund of the €4 so, yes, it would be best to leave it.
    My parents recently had to call Ryanair for some B&B customers who wanted to fly home as they were sick. Got cut off twice (they just hung up) and in the end the call cost 19Euro! It wasnt even a long call!
    :eek: They were on the phone for approximately 3 hours and 45 mins?* If they weren't on the phone that long and were charged €19 then either they were ripped off by eircom or they need to change to a different phone company.

* going by eircom's national phone call price of 8.1685c (daytime rate).

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

axer wrote: »
    :eek: They were on the phone for approximately 3 hours and 45 mins?* If they weren't on the phone that long and were charged €19 then either they were ripped off by eircom or they need to change to a different phone company.

It might be a different number they rang. This one was a number you ring to change your flight date etc. That could be the difference.

It might be a different number they rang. This one was a number you ring to change your flight date etc. That could be the difference.
    Then they must have rang the wrong number since 0818 30 30 30 or 01 2497791 are the numbers for the reservation desk of Ryanair which is who you call to change your flight dates/times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

The title to the thread is a little misleading also, as the OP would have been notified about the charges before the transaction was completed. So they would have given permission.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

The title to the thread is a little misleading also, as the OP would have been notified about the charges before the transaction was completed. So they would have given permission.

Can a mod edit the title and move to bargain alerts ?

Advertisement