Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland-Serbia

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

A bit odd that Scannell is getting attention from the northern clubs yet Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs havent done the same? :confused:

Anyway, again, any clip of the goal anywhere? :confused:

What happened to you youtube, you used to be cool......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Syke

DesF wrote: »
    The lad with the dreds maybe.

At least he acknowledged him as Irish.

I remember being at a Landsdowne game where the guy behind me described Phil Babb as "The African lad in defence"....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Syke wrote: »
    At least he acknowledged him as Irish.

I remember being at a Landsdowne game where the guy behind me described Phil Babb as "The African lad in defence"....
    :eek:

Jaysis.

That's so bad it's funny ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭beerbaron

In Croker they showed Tardelli dancing and hugging Trappa after the goal on the screen, it was hilarious

Then Trapp grabbed a hold of Brady and wagged his finger in an "i told you so" fashion.

Brady couldnt have been less impressed with the goal, looked like he came straight from a funeral (as usual).

Good to see the management (minus Brady) obviously emotionally invested in the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

sean_scannell_L.jpg
    he's still 17 playing for Palace where he has attracted attension from such clubs as Manchester United, Manchester City, Everton and Blackburn Rovers (according to Wiki anywho). Seems a real prospect for the future plus he looks like a character from S4 of Whe Wire:).

Randy Wagstaff

randy.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

DesF wrote: »
    Welcome to the 1950s.

oh come on ffs...:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Reganio 2 wrote: »

Anyway I can't see Keogh getting a starting position for any of the qualifiers
    I reckon its going to be/ what I think it should be
    ...................Given.......................
    Finnan...Dunne....McShane....O'Shea
    McGeady...A.Reid...Ireland...Duff
    ..........Doyle.....Keane........

Subs: Kiely, S. Kelly, O'Brien, Hunt, Keogh

I'd agree with this apart from McShane.

He's had one great game for us vrs Czech but seems prone to make serious mistakes.

O'Shea in the middle and Kelly on the wing IMO or O'Brien back into the squad and O'Shea or Kelly on the wing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Stephen Reid has to be in the team. Seriously with him and Andy Reid in the middle we are would become a very good side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Steven Reid is rubbish, usually has a couple of good games gets injured and people look forward to him coming back then he plays a couple of good games a lot of average ones disappears and again people are looking forward to him coming back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Steven Reid is rubbish, usually has a couple of good games gets injured and people look forward to him coming back then he plays a couple of good games a lot of average ones disappears and again people are looking forward to him coming back.

So he is actually just injury prone as opposed to rubbish then?

• Advertisement

Nah he is injury prone and rubbish. He plays about 10-15 games a season, will usually play well in 1 or 2 of them and people get hyped up about him but then he gets injured and misses the rest of the season but people are hyped up about his return as he played well in 1 or 2 of them games. Happend Harry Kewell for a while at Liverpool but people copped on after the 2nd time he did it.... Shame Rafa didn't :D

Wait till eirebhoy reads this....:D

But seriously I just can't agree with this. Look what happened when he got fit, Mark Hughes had him straight back in the team which really outlines his importance to the team.

To a team like Blackburn, a mid table side IMO, who have they got the replace him, a just as injury prone David Dunn? an ageing Tugay?

To a team like Blackburn, a mid table side IMO

What do you think Ireland are?

I know we are but we have better options than Steven Reid and that's the point I am trying to make.

I know we are but we have better options than Steven Reid and that's the point I am trying to make.

Who?

And please, include the club they play for while you post, their role in that club, and that club's level.

Ireland don't have many players playing at the level Stephen Reid does.

It doesn't matter if he was playing for Aldershot Town, the fact is Reid is a good footballer, and possesses something we don't have in midfield athleticism.

He's very good on the ball as well, and a partnership with Andy Reid makes Ireland a good good team in midfield.

A midfield of A.REID, S.REID, DUFF and MCGEADY is top 10 EPL level IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

dubmick wrote: »
    randy.jpg

Nice strokeface.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

It doesn't matter if he was playing for Aldershot Town, the fact is Reid is a good footballer, and possesses something we don't have in midfield athleticism.

He's very good on the ball as well, and a partnership with Andy Reid makes Ireland a good good team in midfield.

A midfield of A.REID, S.REID, DUFF and MCGEADY is top 10 EPL level IMO
    +1, Reid always gives his all, is consistent when fit, and a hard worker.
    So exactly what we need then!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I honestly cant remember the last time Ireland had its first choice Midfield fit and playing together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

In fairness it's hard these days to even tell what Irelands first choice midfield IS.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

IMO any 4 of these 5

Duff, McGeady, Reidx2 and if available S.Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Finally!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR2xjhy7ogA

Hmm. We are always puzzled at how the English media insist on talking about County Lowth, Pete Doh-hurty\Dockerty. They have now been surpassed by Gheorghe Hamiltovic and "Andy Kiev" :confused:

Looked like a nervous few in the dying seconds! Great celebration from Tardelli mind, yid think we had qualified :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

IMO any 4 of these 5

Duff, McGeady, Reidx2 and if available S.Ireland
    I would go for all 5, with Garvan instead of Ireland if he is unavailable.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭johnp

sean_scannell_L.jpg
    he's still 17 playing for Palace where he has attracted attension from such clubs as Manchester United, Manchester City, Everton and Blackburn Rovers (according to Wiki anywho). Seems a real prospect for the future plus he looks like a character from S4 of Whe Wire:).

In Mondays Time in the Planet Football (by Mary Hannigan, I think) the question was asked of him "What was your earliest World Cup memory".

Scannell "Ireland v Spain in 2002".

As Mary said, for most people that's practically current affairs :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Hehe i thought this would be game we wont have support on but it seems thats impossible coz there was again group of our fans,thats what we have on every place in the world when more people leave outside of country than in.Nice to see this video but i dont get why was so quiet on the stadium????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Are you thinking of the columbia game?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

No,about Serbia

Advertisement