Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to find computers for recycling?

Options
  • 19-05-2008 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi.

Just wondering if anyone knows where I might be able to get "reasonable" 2nd hand computers so that I can give them a new home.

Soundstore, PC Clinic, Digilog don't take in any old stuff when they sell new stuff or if they do their line is that they don't do that kind of thing.

Any help would be much appreciated.

(I want to build a small home network to try things out)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

whats 'reasonable'? I've got about 20 old pc's and linux servers that I'm just aching to throw out. specs arent wonderful, you'd probably run windows 9x on them...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

quite often there are emails bouncing around UCC looking for homes for computers as departments update. I'm not sure who you would contact though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

in UCC they tend to give them to schools though. Most departments have people they give machines to, though they do sell them off at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

take a trip into CIT some day, there are always pc lying about all over the place, the pcs get upgraded, old ones lie about for a while and eventually find their way to a skip

Advertisement