Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World title reigns list

• 20-05-2008 4:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭

Can anyone post a list, or a link to a site with a full list, of the top world title holders of all time?

I know that all of Flairs titles weren't in wwe but they still count in his 16 title reigns, so I was wondering if maybe there are some other people out there who have notched up a bunch of recognised world title reigns over the years that wwe aren't mentioning?

ps, this isn't meant as a HHH-vs-HHHaters thread, but I can see it going that way so I apologise in advance if that's the way it ends up going :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Shaneomac

Theres always ecw title reigns to consider which i dont think wwe ever really speak of, unless speaking of tazz but thought having ecw champ chavo in this years rumble when supposed to be a recognised champ himself kind of rubbished the belt more. Theres also roh, lightheavyweight titles, japan and other small companies or territories to consider in history. Another way of looking at world title reigns is time altogether holding the belts which puts sammartino right up there and also diminishes one night title reigns like rodney(mania 9), andre and that fat oily guy with the big nose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

orestes wrote: »

I know that all of Flairs titles weren't in wwe but they still count in his 16 title reigns,

Apparently, he's won more than 16. A couple of times he won and then lost belts on house shows only for them never to be talked about on tv. I think it may have happened on a UK and an Austrailan tour. I'm not 100% sure about that though.

Here's the bible (that you have to buy) on wrestling titles: http://www.garywill.com/wrestling/wresbook.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Apparently, he's won more than 16. A couple of times he won and then lost belts on house shows only for them never to be talked about on tv. I think it may have happened on a UK and an Austrailan tour. I'm not 100% sure about that though.

Here's the bible (that you have to buy) on wrestling titles: http://www.garywill.com/wrestling/wresbook.htm

It's not even that all the ones WWE doesn't count were house show wins. Some were legitimate wins that WWE just doesn't count for whatever reason. If you exclude all the one-day losses and regains, his world title count still goes up to 19 or 20

Jerry Lawler held the USWA world heavyweight title nearly 30 times, it was formed by unifying the WCCW and AWA world titles. But most of that was in the '90s when the title wasn't really considered to be a world title. He held the Memphis heavyweight title around the same number of times, but that's not a world title

As far as recognised "world" title reigns go, Flair's got the most as far as I know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

One of Stings title reigns lasted less than one Nitro.

He won the belt in the opening match and lost in the main event to DDP!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

yeah i have heard 20+ is the real number of world titles flair has won, this is a decent site if you have time but watch for pop-ups, i count 19 world titles(NWA, WCW, WWF) for flair there on a quick run through http://www.wrestling-titles.com/home.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

was reading up on ultimo dragon the other day and apparently he's held a whole bundle of titles. how 'recognised' they are is open to discussion tho.

he does hold the record for most held at once with 11.

rossie1977 wrote: »
    yeah i have heard 20+ is the real number of world titles flair has won, this is a decent site if you have time but watch for pop-ups, i count 19 world titles(NWA, WCW, WWF) for flair there on a quick run through http://www.wrestling-titles.com/home.html

It says 10 NWA World Heavyweight title reigns, 2 WWF World title reigns, 8 WCW World title reigns and 2 WCW International World titles reigns (that was the same belt as the NWA title when WCW left the NWA). That's 22. I think there's another two there somewhere that could be counted but they aren't by most sources

judas101 wrote: »
    was reading up on ultimo dragon the other day and apparently he's held a whole bundle of titles. how 'recognised' they are is open to discussion tho.

he does hold the record for most held at once with 11.

That was probably the J-Crown you read about, it was a championship that consisted of eight junior heavyweight titles in New Japan. One of the titles was the WWF Light Heavyweight title and when the WWF asked for it back the J-Crown ended

Advertisement