Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brock Lesner

• 20-05-2008 4:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭

I apologise for being such a total N00b with this but i took a break/got tired of wrestling when Brock Lesner was Huge, and i mean huge! he was everywhere, was around the time of the Smackdown Here comes the Pain game with im on the front cover

Now my point is, what happened to him?? he looked to be headed for greatness. sorry if its an obvious answer or done to death topic. too tired to search for it right now!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

No ****!!!! is he doing anything good over there??? i deffo gotta get back into UFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

kryogen wrote: »
    No ****!!!! is he doing anything good over there??? i deffo gotta get back into UFC
    That link is the only fight he's had yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

He had a great run for someone who was in the business for such a short amount of time. Won a few world titles (can't remember how many, but I think it was 2 or 3) and had some great moments like F-5ing the Big Show, which was cool as hell.

He left wrestling a few years ago to join the NFL (his last match was at Wrestlemania 20 with Goldberg, possibly the worst match of all time) and after a few years in the NFL where he was having no success he decided to have a crack at UFC. He had his first fight towards the end of last year, put in a good showing imo but got submitted to an ankle lock by getting caught in an amateur mistake, he has his second UFC match coming up some time in the next few months against a UFC veteran and it looks like he has a pretty decet career ahead of him in that sport I think.

Oh, and the lucky bastid is shagging Sable :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

yeah i clicked the link and saw his wife alright! she must be a good bit older then him though right!! lucky bastard! whos his next fight with in UFC? i would be more familiar with that then Wrestling now.....also, i watched his other MMA fight and he won that pretty easy but in fairness he needs to develop more skills if he wants to rule in UFC, brute force wont get him through i feel, i agree he was unlucky in the first UFC fight....he will learn from it though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

His next fight is with the first ever UFC heavyweight champion if I remember right, who hasn't won a UFC fight in three or four years.

Edit: here's his next opponents wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Coleman He hasn't been in the octogon in 10 years, ad it willl be nearly 2 years since his last combatative fight in Pride. Should be an easy fight for Lesnar that will give him a fair amount of credibility in UFC I reckon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

His MMA record is 1-1, but his first fight was a total squash match.

There was no way the guy they booked him against was going to win.

His next fight (his first with the UFC) was against a very talented opponent in Frank Mir and had it not been for a (unnecessary in my view) stop to have a point taken away from him, he would have won that fight as he was dominating Mir.

He made a rookie mistake though and got caught with a leg lock and tapped.

His next fight is against Mark Coleman and although he was UFCs first heavyweight champion, Brock should be able to beat him and start working his way up the heavyweight division.

Dana definitely would love to have him as heavyweight champion as he's very marketable and a huge draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

speakin of ufc, when did ken shamrock pack all that in? or did he? havent heard anything from him in years!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Shamrock got his ass handed to him by Tito Ortiz close to the end of 2006, he was released from his UFC contract a few months later.

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

speakin of ufc, when did ken shamrock pack all that in? or did he? havent heard anything from him in years!

He still fights irregularly. His last fight was with Cage Rage (British Group) and lost by knockout in the first round to a journeyman fighter. Ken did nothing in the fight except look old.

There are tentative plans for a ppv fight to occur with his brother Frank within the next 12-18 months.

• Advertisement
Advertisement