Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford United

Options
  • 20-05-2008 5:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭

FM07.....im Waterford United, entering my second season, it was a horrible first season but i managed a great league result of 6th even though i couldnt get any players to sign for me, jesus even the lad i had on loan from Shels last season wont sign a permanent contract, its like managing leeds!!

i made 3 signings last year which made all the difference i feel, but i need a bit of bite up front, and in other areas obviously

can anyone help me here??? any ideas on how to get people to join? they wont even come on loan!

(im obviously targeting players who i think i can get, not the Ballacks and the Ronaldos of the world!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

When doing player search have you clicked the 'Ask assistant to filter out unrealistic targets' box?
    That generally filters out players that would have no intention of joining your club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

yeah,im not a n00b!! i got it sorted anyway, persuaded some of the better players in the IPD to join over time, then got a masterstroke when i signed a young Scott Harris from Pompey, he was followed by Francis Jeffers the next season and he helped attract players like David Dunn, Carlton Cole (amazing for me 36 goals in 44 games 1st season) and Lee Bowyer, some quality defenders and the aging mike pollit in goal and we have won the league twice on the bounce now.....europe is proving very very tough though!

Advertisement