Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

European Firearms Pass

Options
  • 20-05-2008 6:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for info on the European pass.
    1. Once you hold one are they are renewed on 1st August like our existing licence or is a new application required every year?
    2. I presume the processing time is quite short as you already need to hold a valid licence?
    3. I go thru my local FAO for this?
    4. I presume its just a sheet of paper? Are photos required?
    5. Cost?
    Thats about it I think, any other information would be greatly appreciated.

BountyHunter.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for info on the European pass.
    Once you hold one are they are renewed on 1st August like our existing licence or is a new application required every year?
    No, you apply for it separately
    I presume the processing time is quite short as you already need to hold a valid licence?
    Normally it's pretty quick, but can take a week or two and renewals are even quicker.
    I go thru my local FAO for this?
    Yes
    I presume its just a sheet of paper? Are photos required?
    No, it's a small booklet and photos are required.
    Cost?
    Free

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

rrpc is spot on.

The only problem you may have on a first application is the garda behind the desk. If he's not the super, and he usually isn't, he might look at you and say "Whaaah? Never heard of it"

That was my experience and quite a few others around me some time ago. Took a bit of convincing that it did really exist and he should ask the super.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭BountyHunter

rrpc is spot on.

The only problem you may have on a first application is the garda behind the desk. If he's not the super, and he usually isn't, he might look at you and say "Whaaah? Never heard of it"

Well I think I'll be ok in that respect, he's normally easy enough to get in contact with.
    Thanks for the replies.

BountyHunter.

Advertisement