Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A fabulous racer for sale:

Options
  • 20-05-2008 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

I dont know if I am offending anyone on here putting this in if I am I apologise and please feel free to delete it, I have a Pinarello f 4:13 for sale that I no longer will be able to use as I have a knee problem and I am changing away from cardio stuff to weights and the sale of this bike would help free up alot of cash to let me buy a motorbike,

Looking for €2500, if this is unreasonable for a bike like this then I would appreciate some feedback, thanks

I am open to reasonable offers on the bike and am not looking to rob anybody, it has been serviced by wheelworx and is in great condition, just had two new armadillo gatorskins on her too,

Please see attached pictures,

Thanks gabgab,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Nice bike. You need to post the size and give the bike a good clean though if taking photos with the intention of selling it! €2,500 doesn't sound unreasonable but it can be difficult to shift high-end bikes, you might have to take a little less.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭gabgab

Yeh just did them this morning very early, it will be getting a good clean at the weekend. Just always find its better to have a pic than none,

I know it can be difficult to move these, but I reckon someone will have an interest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭zzzzzzzz

gabgab wrote: »
    Yeh just did them this morning very early, it will be getting a good clean at the weekend. Just always find its better to have a pic than none,

I know it can be difficult to move these, but I reckon someone will have an interest

What size is it gabgab?

So sorry Aidan, will have to check, I am 6'1 and it is set up for me spot on, if that is any help. I will get back to you with a measurement tonight when I get home

Hey it is a 56cm frame,

Thanks

• Advertisement

Any interest in this everyone,

Thanks,

Hey said I would throw this up again, I am open to offers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Tackleberry

Just wondering if you'd sell the wheels separately? I'd be keen on buying them but not the whole bike

How much?

I am thinking of €2,000 for it. Might throw up a bit of interest,

Cheers,

• Advertisement

Sorry gabgab I thought they were a cheaper type, you're better off selling the complete bike anyway - get it up on ebay and it'll be gone in a few days - you could sell your fabagab body too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭amjon

800 euro

Aaah my man,

Ssssssh, dont tell the lads I'm a boards user. Right we will get it cleaned up and on ebay at the weekend, cheers

amjon wrote: »
    800 euro

For the wheels? Sold, I will even deliver them :D

I know tunney, its clean now just had to take quick pics at the time and now I dont have those pics in work,

Haha thats a good price for the wheels man well done!

Well I keep tellin you to get off yizzer bleedin hoop and put it up on ebay! These lads are only interested in one speed metal dinosaurs from the 70's that they found in the garden shed, and moaning their holes off about bus drivers, yummy mummy drivers, nackers, freds, TV coverage of cycling, potholes, bike lanes ... good luck to them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭bunnygreen

Funny Stuff Tackleberry,classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

Looks nice put most of the Kit is between 3 to 4 years old so i would say its worth about 1500 to 1800

Hey crashoveroid,

Are you interested in it at that price?

Would love to but your frame is too big for me sorry i take a 54

• Advertisement

Looks nice put most of the Kit is between 3 to 4 years old so i would say its worth about 1500 to 1800

In fairness thats rubbish, usual thing of people not wanting to pay a fair price for things, the new value of the bike is as follows:

Pinarello F4:13 Frame '08 Price €2,264.03 (Cyclesuperstore)

Campagnolo Chorus Groupset Price €902.25 (Cyclesuperstore)

Campagnolo Eurus Clincher Wheelset RRP: €762.74 (Totalcycling.com)

Finishing Kit (Saddle, Pedals, H/Bar, Stem, Cages) Est Price: €200 (Totalcycling.com)

Total Value: €4,129.02

So IMO €2k is an absolute bargain, it'll go up shortly on ebay at €2.5k and going by current items it should sell at that price too, so if you want it you've only a few days to pick it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Takleberry, it is ultimately worth exactly what someone is willing to pay for it.

There is massive depreciation on bikes and new stuff is coming out every year.

If gabgab can get €2k for the bike, it is worth €2k, if he can't then it is not!

blorg wrote: »
    Takleberry, it is ultimately worth exactly what someone is willing to pay for it.

There is massive depreciation on bikes and new stuff is coming out every year.

If gabgab can get €2k for the bike, it is worth €2k, if he can't then it is not!

Thanks for the lesson in economics, my only smart response is that its actually a case of it being ultimately worth what someone is willing to sell it for, its a "glass is half full" kinda situation, with me having the bike and you having the thirst...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭cantalach

The Eurus wheels on that bike are the 2005 model year - they changed the label design for their G3 range of wheels in 2006. The characteristics of the 2005 Eurus are more comparable to the 2008 Zonda which is one level down and a lot cheaper.

In fairness thats rubbish, usual thing of people not wanting to pay a fair price for things, the new value of the bike is as follows:

Pinarello F4:13 Frame '08 Price €2,264.03 (Cyclesuperstore)

Campagnolo Chorus Groupset Price €902.25 (Cyclesuperstore)

Finishing Kit (Saddle, Pedals, H/Bar, Stem, Cages) Est Price: €200 (Totalcycling.com)

Total Value: €4,129.02

So IMO €2k is an absolute bargain, it'll go up shortly on ebay at €2.5k and going by current items it should sell at that price too, so if you want it you've only a few days to pick it up!

I can see where your coming from but as you can see all the stuff is 3 to 4 years old and the wheels are 2004 2005 model normally after two years wheels start to loose a litlle bit and so does the groupset.

Well the parts are high quality and haven't been used heavily so I'm not sure I'd agree with any significant drop-off in efficiency, and anyway that goes without saying for any 2nd hand item, surely its covered by the €2k drop in price?

I'm listing the new prices coz thats generally a pretty good place to start valuing a bike ... granted the wheels may have been improved but overall the total price would've actually been more if I'd quoted them 3-4 years ago, for example the F4:13 frame was €2,700 when it first came out, now its €2,200, so all in all using current prices actually works in the buyers favour not mine, so in fairness a €4,200 value price is not unreasonable

The bike is 2 years old, standard depreciation rates are 25% year on year, so €2k more than covers it, Gabgab's bike is flawless so if you like high end road bikes then have a look, on the other hand if you're not interested then just stick to yizzer cast iron raleigh single speed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Does the frame have horizontal dropouts ? If so, I'll offer 100 euro for it. You can keep the gears and stuff.

Verb wrote: »
    Does the frame have horizontal dropouts ? If so, I'll offer 100 euro for it. You can keep the gears and stuff.

Deal,

• Advertisement

So €800 for the wheels and €100 for the drop-outs (whatever the fcuk they are) jaysus fabgab you're nearly half way there...

Advertisement