Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Italy tackles Roma Gypsies.

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭malene

Everyone go to Trimgate St in navan and look at the Romanian begging on the ground, holding a child not more than 2 in her arms. She will ,later be picked up, probably by a guy driving a black merc. I'm not making this up. I think there's a Romanian begging group/agency or something And she'll probably be there tomorrow.

Why don't the guards remove her???

mal

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭malene

Tigger wrote: »
    because they don't have planes or the right begging was decrimilised a couple of years ago

Why don't some of us, sit beside a Romanian begging on the street and if the cops want us to move, they'll have to move her too and if they don't move her, it can then become a case of discrimination. And have a guy hold a camcorder secretly filming the whole thing across the road and show up the guards if it ever goes to court. Grrrrrrrrr!!

mal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

malene wrote: »
    probably by a guy driving a black merc. I'm not making this up.
    mal

If you're not making it up why did you say probably?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Roma!!!

....not Romanian

Please differentiate. The ignorance is starting to hurt my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

Everyone go to Trimgate St in navan and look at the Romanian begging on the ground, holding a child not more than 2 in her arms. She will ,later be picked up, probably by a guy driving a black merc. I'm not making this up. I think there's a Romanian begging group/agency or something And she'll probably be there tomorrow.

mal

Because no part of the social services etc in Ireland give a crap about endangered children until something happens to them. They all reckon they're too overstretched to help.

Then they'll spend a year trying to apportion blame which will leave them too busy to investigate the next one.

It's a good old circle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭WooPeeA

Dudess wrote: »
    Roma!!!

....not Romanian

True, we need to recognize Romanians and Roma (Gypsies), two different nations..

Well Romania is a nation, Roma is the name of an ethnic group with communities in various countries throughout Eastern Europe and Eurasia. One such country is Romania, that does not make all Roma Romanian.

Well Romania is a nation, Roma is the name of an ethnic group with communities in various countries throughout Eastern Europe and Eurasia. One such country is Romania, that does not make all Roma Romanian.

Romania is a State.

Romania could also be considered a Nation State, ie a nation contained within the the same political boundaries.

Roma however, is a Nation (ignores political borders). That's how the Roma Nation covers them all wherever they might geographically be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭BurnsCarpenter

There'll be no time for that kind of nitpicking when we drive them into the Western Ocean!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

There'll be no time for that kind of nitpicking when we drive them into the Western Ocean!
    Impractical. My plan with the trains heading east and the welcome showers is much better, and efficient.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

mal

Because there will always be some bleeding heart do-gooder to come along and defend her and call the Guard a bully or racist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

Roma!!!

....not Romanian

This is very true, even RTE have difficulty telling the difference..:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭DD

Roma!!!

....not Romanian

I hope everyone will understand the bold red writing.

I was wondering how many of the people that say about the romanians that they are some sort of roma people know where Romania is. Do they even know something about it or they just think they know. Did someone of them really travel to Romania, to see how is it. Well ... if they don't know they shouldn't be posting incorrect statements...really!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭BigglesMcGee

marcsignal wrote: »

I remember when the papers were full of that story. RTE were just afraid to mention who was arrested. I think a few of the papers had photos too.
    Did they eventually get deported? Mabe they were just so poor they needed to get arrested to get flown home for the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭newmills

Just a quick one. To the people who think that the roma selling roses can be considered a job. Are they declaring that income and paying the relevant tax on it? At what stage can we say enough is enough - you have been caught begging x amount of times, you have been in receipt of welfare for x amount of months, you have been arrested x amount of times - is deportation a dirty word?

• Advertisement

I hope everyone will understand the bold red writing.

I was wondering how many of the people that say about the romanians that they are some sort of roma people know where Romania is. Do they even know something about it or they just think they know. Did someone of them really travel to Romania, to see how is it. Well ... if they don't know they shouldn't be posting incorrect statements...really!!!

my girlfriend is Romanian, she dislikes being confused with Roma also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Iolar wrote: »
    Simple solution to this guys any foreign criminal element no matter who should be deported!
    its bad enough we have our own home grown filth to deal with !no need to absorb any one elses!

Or shoot them, make a coin toss at the port.
    Maybe introduce a game show element with televoting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭The Mighty Ken

That's hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

This is not supposed to be funny but I found it hilarious

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Tago Mago wrote: »
    This is not supposed to be funny but I found it hilarious

It's the music that does it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭DD

my girlfriend is Romanian, she dislikes being confused with Roma also

I have lot of romanian friends and I've seen Romania many times. I have respect for them and some people really confuse many things about them. They have a beautiful country as well. Say hello to your girl.

TomCo wrote: »
    Or shoot them, make a coin toss at the port.
    Maybe introduce a game show element with televoting.

well it beats Xposé on TV3 :D
    Say hello to your girl.

done ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

togster wrote: »
    Well first of all...eh no they are not all like that. I know several that live near where i live and 1 is a champion boxer who runs a youth club the other is a gymnast who trains kids and 2 who also work with disadvantaged youth. Ah racism is great isn't it?

I honestly believe this poster is having a laugh. He knows several Roma? How well? Are they friends? Invite them round for beers, meet the family, but leave the smell at the door.

If I disagree with Roma thieves I should be allowed to voice my opinion and I encourage others to do so. This is my country and I work. If they work, we''ll say no more about it.

Do the 'Pro Roma' party believe that, as long a single Roma did an hours legitimate work, one day, that we cant complain about the other few thousand Roma vagrants?

The Roma gypsies brush, all Irish people, up the wrong way. They don't care.

If they were arrested and charged with anything in previous countries, would they be able to travel here?
    Also, to the bleedin hearts brigade; why do none of them social security no.s with a view to getting employment?

They hate work, they hate civilised humans, and they love criminality and grime.

When I see a Roma gypsie working I will change my tune. Is that fair?

Please note that Romania is a beautiful country with intelligent hard working people, it's a pity it has been plagued with Roma gypsies for so long. Poor craters.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I honestly believe this poster is having a laugh. He knows several Roma? How well? Are they friends? Invite them round for beers, meet the family, but leave the smell at the door.

If I disagree with Roma thieves I should be allowed to voice my opinion and I encourage others to do so. This is my country and I work. If they work, we''ll say no more about it.

Do the 'Pro Roma' party believe that, as long a single Roma did an hours legitimate work, one day, that we cant complain about the other few thousand Roma vagrants?

The Roma gypsies brush, all Irish people, up the wrong way. They don't care.

If they were arrested and charged with anything in previous countries, would they be able to travel here?
    Also, to the bleedin hearts brigade; why do none of them social security no.s with a view to getting employment?

They hate work, they hate civilised humans, and they love criminality and grime.

When I see a Roma gypsie working I will change my tune. Is that fair?

Please note that Romania is a beautiful country with intelligent hard working people, it's a pity it has been plagued with Roma gypsies for so long. Poor craters.

This again? Seriously? *Yawn*

There is no pro roma side.

All the "bleeding heart" liberals have all said that Roma who dont work or abuse the system should be flung out.

Now, whats your point?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

latenia wrote: »
    I like the gypsies-they're a band of renegade outlaws who do whatever the fck they want despite what the rest of the population thinks. Ok, they're sneaky, dishonest and parasitic by nature, but they have more freedom than any of us and I have to respect anyone who rejects the norms of society. Their crimes are hardly on the serious side of the scale-begging, pickpocketing etc. I don't recall any violent crimes perpetrated by Roma here. Just ignore them at traffic lights and outside pubs with roses and be careful at ATMs and I think you'll find they don't have any impact on your life whatsoever.
    As for the people applauding what happened in Italy-go fuk yourselves-seriously.
    they're sneaky, dishonest and parasitic by nature

Good post. Thanks for agreeing with me. Welcome aboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭JangoFett

A few Roma gypsies tried to mug me in Portlaoise last year

I was out drinking with my brother and I was horrendified, our grandmother's funeral had been that day and we needed to get away from the family, I went up to an atm and 3 or 4 of them obviously thought I was an easy mark and as soon as I had entered my pin they were hassling me...started waving a newspaper in front of the screen and I just started swinging at them, I turned around and one of them in the confusion had pressed the button for €200, I took my money and card and me and my brother chased them to where, and I say this with 100% honesty, a freakin getaway car was waiting, door open, engine running, they dove in, all 3 or 4 of them and the car sped off.

On my mother's life that really happened. I reported it to the cops and they said that the same thing was happening all over Laois and Carlow in particular, as far as they new. The same thing, taegeting drunk people and waving the newspaper in front of the atm screen.

Deport the ****ers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭mise_me_fein

I´m over in Madrid now and I´ve seen the same behaviour from these guys here as I´ve seen in Ireland.

Nobody likes stereotypes but I judge people on my personal experiences with them and generally these guys deserve to be fcuked over, since that´s pretty much what they do on everyone else.

They´re the same as the knackers in Ireland but they´re just not as good at conning people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

JangoFett wrote: »
    *stuff*

:eek:Man, that's horrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

I'm not having a laugh. I do know several. And yes i've had beers with them.
    That comment about leaving the smell at the door is racist. You sir are racist.

If I disagree with Roma thieves I should be allowed to voice my opinion .

Of course you should.

Again i'm not pro-roma. I just know some good ones. We have been over this already. You are entitled to complain. You are entitled to make racist marks if you wish. I on the other hand am entitled to point out that what you say is narrow minded and prejudice at it's finest.

Again not all, but i can see why you think that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭chabsey

Well let me just say I'm sick to death of these Romans, pretty much every time I ever see them they're acting all weird and trying to push their babies at me and stealing my dimes.

One time, my own brother who is a wrestler had to fight three of them at once because of a bet he made with the devil, how unfair is that? Needless to say the Romans tried to steal hie eye teeth and in the end they made off with the shirt off his back (which he would have given them anyway).

Another time I was in the queue for the moviefilm Titanic and one of them was walking up and down the line begging and translating for people when suddenly I didn't want to give them any money. The guy just looks at me and then says "The ship sinks at the end!" and walks away. That ruined the film for me and I spent much of that day cursing them which stopped me from doing other things.

Another time, and this was the clincher for me, I was on the M50 and stopped at lights. Suddenly this enormous Roman woman starts power-begging quickly along the line of cars. She sees this big truck and instead of just asking for money she throws her baby up into the cab. Seconds later the baby explodes and blows the truck apart. The smoke clears and the woman was just cackling and rubbing her hands together and casting spells. The rest of us people were just astounded and left wondering how anyone could blow their own baby up like that. My friend turned to me and said the words I'll never forget:

"Those people taught Hitler how to hate."

End of story as far as I'm concerned.

latenia wrote: »
    I don't recall any violent crimes perpetrated by Roma here.

There was a lovely little country shop in 'Valleymount' near Blessington Co. Wicklow, run by the Uncle of a good friend of mine from 'Ballinasloe' Co. Galway. This man was in his 60's and only about 4' 7", a 'Dwarf' even, for the want of a more PC term. He ran the shop there for years and put in his hours supplying Milk, Tea and other Groceries to the Locality, the kind of old country shop where you could still get 'Lambert & Butler' Cigarettes and Cool Pops.

Very Occasionally Irish Travellers would move into the locality, and 'occasionally' one of the kids would lift something from the shop, nothing much, a few packs of crisps, or whatever. However, whenever this happened, the Travellers were put on notice by the locals, and it would usually stop, or they would move on.

Last summer a group of Roma twigged he was running the shop alone. After his 4th visit from the Roma, where he was struck and pushed to the floor, he decided to call it a day and close up.

I wonder could it be considered it a 'Nazi type Hate Crime' when a gang of Roma attack a 'Dwarf' in the course of his business, and steal all of his hard earned money ??

Unfortunately I can't provide you with a link for this 'story' but you could just try and call the 'Valleymount Stores' in Valleymount near Blessington Co. Wicklow if you need it verified?

Don't be surprised if the phone rings out tho, because the shop is now closed, for good, as a result of the owners experiences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

chabsey wrote: »
    Well let me just say I'm sick to death of these Romans, pretty much every time I ever see them they're acting all weird and trying to push their babies at me and stealing my dimes.

"Those people taught Hitler how to hate."

End of story as far as I'm concerned.

It's Romas. Not Romans.

Heavy sentiments though.

Thats brilliant on so many levels.

chabsey wrote: »
    Well let me just say I'm sick to death of these ROMANS, pretty much every time I ever see them they're acting all weird and.....

...big Legions of them going around in armoured skirts, rattling their shields at people, shouting obscenities in Latin, letting their feckin Lions run loose all over the place, having big Orgy Feasts and then puking all over the street... :D

Yeah, what did the Romans ever do for us ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

...roads...

...sewage...

...but other than that, what did the Romans ever do for us!

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Dinter wrote: »
    It's Romas. Not Romans.

Heavy sentiments though.

/facepalm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

"Roma Gypsies - a prejudice even more justifiable than one against the travelling commmunity."

I should put that on bumper stickers and flog 'em at the M50 roundabout! :)

• Advertisement

Sleepy wrote: »
    "Roma Gypsies - a prejudice even more justifiable than one against the travelling commmunity."

I should put that on bumper stickers and flog 'em at the M50 roundabout! :)

Selling ? on their patch ? Do you think that's wise ?? :D

Maximilian wrote: »
    /facepalm

*Groan*

Thought someone would bite.

But you, Max??

I saw a woman today who looked Roma and she was doing a job - selling the Evening Echo by a roundabout.

I saw a woman today who looked Roma and she was doing a job - selling the Evening Echo by a roundabout.
    That was a cover for a nefarious plot to steal babies or annex the roundabiout.

Ah yeah I KNEW it!

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Dinter wrote: »
    *Groan*

Thought someone would bite.

But you, Max??

Ah-Ha. And I knew you would...

This could get very convoluted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement