Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Italy tackles Roma Gypsies.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    right so you quoted my own post. that was kind of unnecessary tbh. i know what i wrote. i'm the one that wrote it. could someone else please explain what he’s trying to say?

what i'm thinking is that you're saying he's contradicting himself because he said that laws aren't based on generalisations and then said that someone can be prosecuted for generalising. is that right? I can’t think of anything else.

The reason that I’m not sure that that’s what you’re saying is that it shows such an incredible lack of understanding of what both of them are saying that I didn’t think it was possible to misunderstand it so badly. Let me try to explain:

The laws are there to PREVENT people from generalising.

Placebo was saying that laws are not made BASED ON generalisations. In fact the exact opposite is true. Rather than making laws based on generalisations, they make laws preventing people from generalising. if the government were to make a law based on a generalisation, they would be breaking other laws preventing them from doing so, specifically the equality act 2004

An example:

A law preventing generalising:
    It is illegal to hire someone on the basis that they are female

A law based on generalising:
    You can refuse to hire someone if they are female

Have you got a thesauras at home?Laws preventing generalistation are there to stop people being victimised based on what they are,not who they are or what they do.If you refuse to hire somebody on the basis that he has three convictions for theft then you'd be well within your rights.If every roma you'd ever met was a begger or a thief and one applied for a job(never gonna happen),you could refuse on the basis that the applicant "wasnt suitable" and leave it at that.If they want to take a court case thats fair enough but at the very least you'll find they dont have any education whatsoever.

edit
    There's NO law against "generalising",you're allowed to think what you like in this society.The law is there to prevent DISCRIMINATION.Two different things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

Degsy wrote: »
    There's NO law against "generalising",you're allowed to think what you like in this society.The law is there to prevent DISCRIMINATION.Two different things.

Unless you sell insurance. Then you can discriminate and generalise as much as you like!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Have you got a thesauras at home?
    Would you please stop criticising me for using the word that defines the thing we’re talking about? It makes you look bad, not me.
    Laws preventing generalistation are there to stop people being victimised based on what they are,not who they are or what they do.If you refuse to hire somebody on the basis that he has three convictions for theft then you'd be well within your rights.
    Yes you absolutely would. However, if you refused to, for example, hire someone because they lived in the same area as someone who had a conviction, you’d be in trouble

what you're talking about is generalising based on being a roma. is that not what they are and not who they are?
    If every roma you'd ever met was a begger or a thief and one applied for a job(never gonna happen),you could refuse on the basis that the applicant "wasnt suitable" and leave it at that.If they want to take a court case thats fair enough but at the very least you'll find they dont have any education whatsoever.
    Yes you could absolutely lie and pretend that you didn’t hire them for other reasons. That doesn’t change the fact that the law exists

edit
    There’s no law preventing anybody thinking anything. It’s when you put those thoughts into action that you’re breaking the law.

And in this context, discrimination is a synonym for generalising. they're not two different things

Placebo wrote: »
    Hmmmm do you make up facts ?

No but Wikipedia is famed for it.

Placebo wrote: »
    That's Romania. You should visit perhaps.

I was in Romania when they were producing their portfolio for accession to the EU. I can tell you it is not as the Wikipedia article describes. Parts of it are extremely undeveloped.

Perhaps you should take a trip and not believe everything you read on the internet?

Would you please stop criticising me for using the word that defines the thing we’re talking about? It makes you look bad, not me.

Yes you absolutely would. However, if you refused to, for example, hire someone because they lived in the same area as someone who had a conviction, you’d be in trouble

Yes you could absolutely lie and pretend that you didn’t hire them for other reasons. That doesn’t change the fact that the law exists

There’s no law preventing anybody thinking anything. It’s when you put those thoughts into action that you’re breaking the law.

And in this context, discrimination is a synonym for generalising. they're not two different things

If you're an emplyer its your call who you employ and why.Nobody would be stupid enough to refuse sombody a job because they come from and area "where somebody else has convictions",the idea is completely ridiculous.Employes judge people on suitability for the job with maybe a bit of nepotism thrown in.So they dont really give a good **** where you come from.However,at interview if the emplyer thinks he might not be able to trust the person,or that maybe they're not telling the truth about something,he can make a decision based on that and he WOULDNT be breaking the law.So lets say a black man goes for a job requiring three years experience in a relevant field.He hasnt got the experience and therefore doesnt get the job..whats the first thing people like you are going to think?"He didnt g et the job because he's BLACK!"So it is YOU who are generalising,you think everybody who doesnt agree with your opinions is racist.Would YOU Hire a Roma to clean your house?Would you employ a traveller as a barman?Whether you're going to admit it or not,the answer is no,you wouldnt.You know nothing about employment law and i have to say, very little about the way things work in the real world.Ideology versus reality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

r
    The laws are there to PREVENT people from generalising.

WHAT LAWs? show me the laws that are there to stop people generalising?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    Why do people get so angry about immigrants? I don't give a sh*t who lives where as long as I can go about my day to day life and be happy. There are scumbags in every country, and I would get a hell of a lot more pissed off and intimidated by the violent, feral, angry little scumbags/chavs/neds whatever they're called that go around Dublin than a begging bloody gypsy. Just f*cking ignore them you fools.
    It's not anger about immigrants, it's anger about criminal behaviour that happens to be endemic within a particular immigrant group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Dudess wrote: »
    It's not anger about immigrants, it's anger about criminal behaviour that happens to be endemic within a particular immigrant group.

Possibly fueled by an underlying anger about immigrants?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

+1

If they are refusing to work, pay their way, making a nuisance of themselves, stealing etc., we should deport them, our own citizens too! ;)

Well done to the italian police and state. It's about time someone took this tinker-pandemic seriously.

• Advertisement

kerash wrote: »
    Possibly fueled by an underlying anger about immigrants?

Unlikely.The most noticible group of immigrants IMO are the chinese and i havnt heard ONE bad word said about them in nearly ten years.This idea that we all hate immigrants is a load of old cobblers.

In all fairness generalisations are used all the time.

From where an NGO decides to allocate aid to where a local authority decides to place traffic calming measures or CCTV cameras.

There's not always hard evidence to back up actions and for that reason generalising about a certain area or group can be a good thing.

The problem with generalising is that it's not always accurate.

For example all Poles are great workers. This is a welcome generalisation though as it must make it easier for them to get jobs etc. This is more based on word of mouth and people's experience on employing them than any real hard evidence about every single Pole in Ireland.

Unfortunately in the case of the Roma there are none of these positive anecdotes and I fully understand how they have gotten the negative stereotype that many people claim they have.

While it is commendable that some people can refute generalisations in their day to day life it is a little naive to rail against stereotypes. The only people capable of changing them are the people affected despite anyone's best intentions.

dodgyme wrote: »
    WHAT LAWs? show me the laws that are there to stop people generalising?

the equality act 2004

If you're an emplyer its your call who you employ and why.
    not if the reason violates equality law
    Nobody would be stupid enough to refuse sombody a job because they come from and area "where somebody else has convictions",
    but it's less ridiculous to not employ someone because they come from a race that has a high number of criminals?

So lets say a black man goes for a job requiring three years experience in a relevant field.He hasnt got the experience and therefore doesnt get the job..whats the first thing people like you are going to think?"He didnt g et the job because he's BLACK!"
    again, you're talking about people abusing the legislation. people lying about things doesn't change the law
    So it is YOU who are generalising,you think everybody who doesnt agree with your opinions is racist.
    emmm, no i don't. i think that people such as yourself who think it's ok not to employ someone because they're a roma is racist. in fact that is a textbook case of racism
    Would YOU Hire a Roma to clean your house?Would you employ a traveller as a barman?Whether you're going to admit it or not,the answer is no,you wouldnt.You know nothing about employment law and i have to say, very little about the way things work in the real world.Ideology versus reality.

just because you're a racist, doesn't mean everyone else is. if a roma or a traveller came to an interview, i'd give them exactly the same chance as everyone else. besides anything else, i'd be breaking the law if i didn't

Unlikely.The most noticible group of immigrants IMO are the chinese and i havnt heard ONE bad word said about them in nearly ten years.This idea that we all hate immigrants is a load of old cobblers.

Oh really? I have. Heard bad words about most nationalities. I wonder what are the figures on crime in relation to all nationalities in residence in Ireland would roma come out on top? No matter which group it would be, there would still imo be a bias toward particular groups, which imo may point to an underlying bad feeling toward immigrants.

We all hear stories about differnet nationalities. It's just in the case of the Roma I've never heard any good ones.

And yes I've heard lots of good stories about other nationalities.

• Advertisement

but it's less ridiculous to not employ someone because they come from a race that has a high number of criminals?

again, you're talking about people abusing the legislation. people lying about things doesn't change the law

emmm, no i don't. i think that people such as yourself who think it's ok not to employ someone because they're a roma is racist. in fact that is a textbook case of racism

just because you're a racist, doesn't mean everyone else is. if a roma or a traveller came to an interview, i'd give them exactly the same chance as everyone else. besides anything else, i'd be breaking the law if i didn't

I dont think is right to call him a racist, he's giving his opinion, even if you think its incorrect/poorly informed.

the equality act 2004

have you got the section of the act dealing with generalsations. Now I asked for the section dealing with generalisations not discrimination.

If you cannot produce it, you can just admit that the law does not stop you generalising, nor can it!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

just because you're a racist,

That is bannable these days afaik.
    if a roma or a traveller came to an interview, i'd give them exactly the same chance as everyone else. besides anything else, i'd be breaking the law if i didn't

Fair enough.

Say you had a house up for rent. A Roma comes, looks at it, says he will give you the 1300 a month you want for it and has the deposit and first months rent in cash on him. You have a second appointment with a group of newly arrived Chinese jobseekers who also have the cash in hand, and tell the Roma its only polite to meet these folks, and you will get back to him.

Are you truly telling me you will give it to the gypsy because he was the first in line?

Really? How about this one, would you be more likely to donate money to a charity a gypsy comes around claiming to represent, or a pair of well spoken women in their 70s who claim to be from a charity?

And dont go telling me you would demand to see an ID from the old women.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roma_in_Central_and_Eastern_Europe

"In the Czech Republic, 70% are unemployed (compared with a national rate of 6%). In Hungary, ....... 74% of Roma men and 83% of women are unemployed. In Slovakia, Roma unemployment stands at 80%."

Considering that in our own traveller community a whopping 84% of working age adults are unemployed, tbh their gypsys have some catching up to do in the laziness stakes.

2)What are you talking about?Find me a single instance of a roma even looking for a job,much less being refused one..
    3)Not being qualified regardless of race does not an abuse of legislation make.People nowadays are savvy enough to realise that halfwits are watching them closely looking for an excuse to call them racist.In many cases PREFERENCE would be given to foreign workers due to their work ethos so you,are talking out your bum hole.
    4)I never said i wouldnt employ a roma simply because they are a roma,let them apply for a job and we'll take it from here.
    5)Now.In 15 years in my job i've dealt with people from over 200 countries on an almost daily basis,i've noticed slight cultural differnecs from country to country and i can modify slightly the way i deal with them based on that.In 15 years NOBODY has ever called me a racist and as such i'm repeorting your post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

DesF wrote: »
    If our government don't do something about the problem, I can see the rise of a proper right-wing party in Ireland in the next few years.

You're probably right there. Didnt some lad try and do it in the last election? Very hard to do on his own.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Tha Gopher wrote: »
    Considering that in our own traveller community a whopping 84% of working age adults are unemployed, tbh their gypsys have some catching up to do in the laziness stakes.

Where did you get that stat from chief?

In fairness our lads are hardy workers, always have a new Hiace or Transit, they'll sharpen your garden shears, lay some tarmac, sell carpet etc.

A lot of them work, they just might not have made it into the official statistics ;)

Tha Gopher wrote: »
    That is bannable these days afaik.
    i don't have time to reply to the rest at the moment. i'll reply to this to avoid banning.

he openly admitted that he would not hire a traveller or a roma for no other reason that they are a traveller or a roma. that is the legal definition of racism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Wouldn't it be prejudicism rather than racism? I mean the travellers/roma aren't a race are they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

i don't have time to reply to the rest at the moment. i'll reply to this to avoid banning.

he openly admitted that he would not hire a traveller or a roma for no other reason that they are a traveller or a roma. that is the legal definition of racism.[/quote]

There is a legal definition of racism?

caoibhin wrote: »
    There is a legal definition of racism?

Yes there is. It's called independent thought apparently.

he openly admitted that he would not hire a traveller or a roma for no other reason that they are a traveller or a roma. that is the legal definition of racism.

No i didnt.I asked you would YOU hire a roma to clean your house or a traveller to work in a bar,i made no decision on it other than to say i didnt think YOU would.Refusing to hire somebody because you dont think they're suitable for the job is not racism,travellers were born in ireland of white,irish parents ergo they cannot be a different race.As i've said,i'd like to see a roma apply for a job and we'll see what happens when they type up thier CV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

Dinter wrote: »
    In all fairness generalisations are used all the time.

From where an NGO decides to allocate aid to where a local authority decides to place traffic calming measures or CCTV cameras.

There's not always hard evidence to back up actions and for that reason generalising about a certain area or group can be a good thing.

The problem with generalising is that it's not always accurate.

For example all Poles are great workers. This is a welcome generalisation though as it must make it easier for them to get jobs etc. This is more based on word of mouth and people's experience on employing them than any real hard evidence about every single Pole in Ireland.

Unfortunately in the case of the Roma there are none of these positive anecdotes and I fully understand how they have gotten the negative stereotype that many people claim they have.

While it is commendable that some people can refute generalisations in their day to day life it is a little naive to rail against stereotypes. The only people capable of changing them are the people affected despite anyone's best intentions.

+1

This is pretty much what i was trying to articulate yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

If our government don't do something about the problem, I can see the rise of a proper right-wing party in Ireland in the next few years.

The Irish are too gutless to become right-wing. They're too worried about what other people might think if they stopped being such bleeding hearts. Plus that would mean the Irish would have to grow a brain and vote for a party other than Fianna Fail.

BTW. They should round up the Irish gypsies [travelers, tinkers, whatever] and ship them off witht the Romanian gypsies if the Gardai ever decide to do their jobs and actually you know enforce the laws.

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    The Irish are too gutless to become right-wing. They're too worried about what other people might think if they stopped being such bleeding hearts. Plus that would mean the Irish would have to grow a brain and vote for a party other than Fianna Fail.

BTW. They should round up the Irish gypsies [travelers, tinkers, whatever] and ship them off witht the Romanian gypsies if the Gardai ever decide to do their jobs and actually you know enforce the laws.

There's a particular sort of irish person who feels its thier God-give right to start bandying the word racist around at the drop of a hat.Residents against Racism are a particulalrly odious manifestation of this.They take up the cudgels on behalf f somebody that the immigration system has deemed illegible for asylum and start demonstartions,take court cases and generally waste everybody's time and the taxpayers' money.It always makes me laugh when the person they've been championing is exposed as a liar,a cheat or a conman of some sort.It'd be far easier if people separated race from immigration and left the job of sorting who should and shouldnt be here to the professionals.

They should all go back to their own countries!! Ireland for the Irish, etc etc, this thread has run its course:(

• Advertisement

They should all go back to their own countries!! Ireland for the Irish, etc etc, this thread has run its course:(

I dont know why anyone would want to leave Italy anyway. Lovely place Rome.

I dont know why anyone would want to leave Italy anyway. Lovely place Rome.

When in Rome, do as the Roma's do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

I had the car window down when I stopped at a traffic light in south Dublin about 3 months ago. A Roma beggar stuck his hand in my window and scared the life out of me. He demanded money and when I said no he spat on my head. Fair play to the Italians.

They should all go back to their own countries!! Ireland for the Irish, etc etc
    That really is not what people are saying at all. Anyone who moves here for a new life (whatever the reason may be but imo political asylum should be given the highest priority) and gets a job and is generally law-abiding... good for them and the very best of luck to them.

Just as it's bigoted of racists to make sweeping statements about an ethnic group, it's also bigoted of certain members of the left to lump those who have genuine, reasonable concerns about immigration in with racists (and it's not even immigration that's the issue in this thread, it's the criminal behaviour that happens to be the trademark of so many members of a group that happens to be immigrant).

That really is not what people are saying at all. Anyone who moves here for a new life (whatever the reason may be but imo political asylum should be given the highest priority) and gets a job and is generally law-abiding... good for them and the very best of luck to them.

Just as it's bigoted of racists to make sweeping statements about an ethnic group, it's also bigoted of certain members of the left to lump those who have genuine, reasonable concerns about immigration in with racists (and it's not even immigration that's the issue in this thread, it's the criminal behaviour that happens to be the trademark of so many members of a group that happens to be immigrant).

I was taking the p!ss. :)

Sorry :o

Sorry :o

thats ok!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

My mom works in one of the county libraries and and she said roma families come in everyday and the father of the family grabs one of the laptops brings it upstairs and looks at porn for as long as is permitted and then just leaves the laptop on with the porn on it open.

Beats workin for a living :D

the laptops brings it upstairs and looks at porn for as long as is permitted and then just leaves the laptop on with the porn on it open.

Beats workin for a living :D

Meh.. I do that all day at work.

• Advertisement

Meh.. I do that all day at work.

whats your job?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

whats your job?

Librarian!

whats your job?

Cant really say, theres only a few of us in the country and im sure im the only one that posts on boards, and is a serious weirdo. So...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Cant really say, theres only a few of us in the country and im sure im the only one that posts on boards, and is a serious weirdo. So...

Haha :)

You work with excrement?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Banned.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Sam Vimes is a perfect example of why Western Europe and even the US are royaly screwed. Because there is always a bleeding heart ready to use the race card even when its not applicable.

Do anybody here really think Eastern Europe or the Middle East [since we bend over backwards for those thugs too] care about Politcal Correctness? Hell no. W. Europe and the US need to grow a spine and stop worrying about what other people will think.

I cant understand why we're willing to sacrifice all sorts of things we've worked(and payed) for in order to avoid upsetting people who couldnt give less of a damn about our soiciety.Irish people arent used to being agressively panhandled,it was never a feature of life before the romas came and now we're afraid to speak out against it for fear of being branded racist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

FuzzyLogic wrote: »
    The roma gypsies have no work ethic, they simply don't. want. to. work.
    I know this is a generalisation, but I've never seen a roma gypsy working at anything. I've seen them selling fake gold rings on the street, begging at ATMs, robbing bikes from a house, robbing plants from inside a window, begging al lover the place, pretending they were blind and deaf, using their children as begging aids, and more.

I applaud any action which disperses them from their burrowing into the framework of a modern society which is too PC for any of its institutions to step up to the plate and take action.

+1
    Maximilian wrote: »
    Or a new one I saw recently - pretending to be homeless. That really pissed me off because the way I see it, he was stealing from genuinely desperate people who actually are homeless and don't have a nice cosy roundabout to go home to at night.

+1
    togster wrote: »
    Yes everyone should conform to our way of thinking. Gas them all

Eh… Reality Check Please
    po0k wrote: »
    Show me a post-celtic-tiger cub who doesn't sh1t all over town on a Saturday night when out drinking with their kin, dropping rubbish everywhere, running around like petulant little children with no regard for common decency.

Yeah, and when this is evident people rightfully complain about it, and proper order. But make a similar complaint about the Roma, and you’re automatically a Racist.

How does that work??
    togster wrote: »
    Well first of all...eh no they are not all like that. I know several that live near where i live and 1 is a champion boxer who runs a youth club the other is a gymnast who trains kids and 2 who also work with disadvantaged youth. Ah racism is great isn't it?

4 people is now considered ‘several’ ?? Well fair enough so.
    As someone already said, fine, let those 4, and any others in similar circumstances stay, I’ve no problem with that either, fair play to them.
    There’s no Maybe about it. That’s happened in every other European country, so why should Ireland be any different ?? Having said that, it depends what a person’s definition of Right Wing / Fascist / Nazi is, because by all accounts, judging by some of the posts here, if you even roll your eyes when someone mentions Roma, you’re ‘Hitler Personified’ and that’s not ‘Stereotyping’ at all apparently….
    Sorry, but... nonsense. People's concerns about the criminal elements among Roma communities are valid, not mindless racism.

+1
    Everyone is equal in my eyes.

Race doesn't come into it. If these were pure stock aryan people coming and doing this, I'd say the same.

Me too
    QFT! I've said it before and am happy to say it again. If you are being persecuted for no good reason, if you have skills or even a wish to gain some, if you are honest decent and reasonably hardworking, if you want to contribute to this society and better your and your families circumstances, then come in and cead mile failte (sp). If you want to rip people off and live off our welfare state and indulge in criminality, FCUK OFF! And don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!

+1
    Romanians are sick sh1t of being confused with them.

That’s true Dudess. My girlfriend’s Romanian, I hang out in a large Romanian ‘Siedlergemeinschaft’ (Immigrant Community Network) here in Germany, and I can confirm that this is absolutely true in my experience. They are sick to death of being tarred with the same brush. I haven’t met 1 Romanian here that has anything good to say about the Roma, but maybe all of my Romanian friends here are just Eastern European Racists by some people’s definitions.

Bloody PC gone mad i say.
    Drag em into the street and shoot them in the head.
    That ill learn em.

Reality Check Please
    Bubs101 wrote: »
    Having lived in Italy I absolutely despise those scum and I applaud the actions of the Neapolitans,it's about time they did some thing, but I don't see how they can kick them all out. Believe me, I wish they could but they breed like Rabbits and most of the kids are born in Italy so surely they have a right to stay?

That’s a pretty strong statement, however I have to roll my eyes when I see posts accusing the Italian Government of being Fascist. Do any of the Pro-Roma camp (No pun inetnded) posting here really think that everyone in Italy woke up one morning last week and suddenly decided to be Racist, and feck these ‘Dirty Feckin Romas’ out ?? Well sorry, I just don’t buy that. I can’t see any European Government taking the action they are taking without good reason. Let’s not forget, Romanian Police assisted in this action.
    SDooM wrote: »
    But I agree with your point. no foreign criminals should be allowed use Ireland as their stomping ground.

Slowly but surely, we are teetering towards some common ground……
    Yep, nothing to do with having problems with a group of people, the majority of whose members' sole functions are to commit crime and to sponge. The fact that they happen to be from the same ethnic group is of no concern to me. That's not what I'm targeting, it's their behaviour that I'm targeting.

+1
    Xavi6 wrote: »
    Ehhhh what's the difference between thinking it and saying it?

Excellent question.
    Maximilian wrote: »
    There's nothing wrong with being liberal or right-wing per se as long as you are reasonable. Its only when things go to extremes that it all goes pear shaped.

+1
    Think of it this way. You only ever see the thieves and beggars and general scum. Maybe there are thousands of roma who work hard and just live their lives like normal people but they walk past you in the street and you never even notice them because they’re not in your face.

Sam, do you honestly believe, hand on heart, there is even a small chance, that such a situation could be even close to reality ? Have you a small bit of even anecdotal evidence that would suggest there may be thousands of Roma who work hard and just live their lives like normal people??
    boneless wrote: »
    Stormfront Forum??? :confused:

No, It’s just up there past the next server mate, then take a sharp RIGHT :D

Blackpitts wrote: »
    I think i can give you a better point of view of the real situation as I'm from Naples.
    The sparkle that caused all these riots was an attempt of kidnapping a 6month yo baby by one gipsy girl. Fortunately she got caught by the parents of the baby just before she left the house. It's not the first time that gipsies are stealing babies and put them on the streets in order to get more money when they beg for it. it's an absolute shame!

I heard about this on the BBC world service, and if it’s true, it is DEEPLY SINISTER, and I don’t blame the Italians for taking WHATEVER action is considered acceptable in a Constitutional Democracy to stop it.
    Phaetonman wrote: »
    People are bring out the race card here but we're not talking about a different race but a different species.

If a human tried to breed with a gypsy the result would be a sterile creature not unlike a mule.

Wow Wow Wow! Hold the Front Page !! :eek::eek:

I’d like to see some legitimate scientific evidence for that, if you don’t mind, because the last time I checked, Dr. Joseph Mengele’s medical Port Folio is not generally cited in the Real World.
    I agree.I also beleive that in the case of foreign criminals,they should be fecked out of the country as soon as they've been convicted.

+1
    Zulu wrote: »
    Funny this should come up. I'm just back from Brussels where there appears to be very little tollerance to beggers. Shop keepers and cops run them. And I mean - roaring at them to move on.

It got me thinking.

Perhaps countries should just have a provisional visa for say the first 5 years. In that 5 years if you commit a crime - you get deported back to your country of orgin. ...or something similar.
    Is that such a bad idea?

No, it’s not a bad Idea at all IMO.
    There's a particular sort of irish person who feels its thier God-given right to start bandying the word racist around at the drop of a hat. Residents against Racism are a particulalrly odious manifestation of this.

Here Here

Now just for my own twopence worth. I have No issues, and NEVER have had, with ANY persons Race, Religion or Nationality, none whatsoever. I couldn’t give a flying f*ck if my next door neighbour is a Gay Black Roma Jewish Protestant Catholic Mormon Quaker from the planet Venus with 2 heads and 4 arses. It’s none of my damn business anyway.

I am ALL for ANY person living whatever Alternative Lifestyle they want, free of persecution and hatred.

It’s when A person’s alternative lifestyle encroaches on mine with unreasonable negative consequences for me, that's when I have a problem, and I defend my RIGHT to complain about that freely without being branded a racist.

I DON’T do Political Correctness, because IMHO, It’s ‘A Road of Borrocks’ as many of my Chinese mates would say.

I DO believe in the concept of Mutual Respect, it has served me very well all of my life, because you can’t just walk in and DEMAND someone’s respect, it has to be EARNED, and if certain people decide, that they don't even appear to want, to have any respect for themselves, well that's fine, they're just not gonna get any from me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭paulizei

Victor wrote: »
    So the mafia* burning people out of their homes, while the police stand idly by is to be applauded now?

* Its not the mafia, its some local equivalent
    The Camorra? The various Italian crime syndicates account for about 7% of the country's GDP iirc. Gypsy burning makes people feel better about themselves though. Pogroms ftl imho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Let me guess the gist of this thread?

Side 1)Bleedin layabouts. Doing no work *insert reference to roundabour*

Side 2)http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/5/5d/Thatsracist.gif

• Advertisement
Advertisement