Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Italy tackles Roma Gypsies.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

Let me guess the gist of this thread?

Side 1)Bleedin layabouts. Doing no work *insert reference to roundabour*

Side 2)http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/5/5d/Thatsracist.gif

Got it in one kickoutthejams, I'm off back to the WW2 forum, its safer :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Degsy wrote: »
    I cant understand why we're willing to sacrifice all sorts of things we've worked(and payed) for in order to avoid upsetting people who couldnt give less of a damn about our soiciety.

Western Civiliaztion [Western Europe and US mostly] has been neutered by Political Correctness [Thank You France and UK for starting that garbage. That worked out real well for them didn't it?] and that "We have to become a multi-cultural society"[multi-culturalism is based purely on selfishness and lazyness] and that we must diversify. Plus if you say anything against it you are immediately branded a racist. Just like steve vimes did on this thread.

Irish people arent used to being agressively panhandled,it was never a feature of life before the romas came and now we're afraid to speak out against it for fear of being branded racist.

The Irish have lost their nerve because of steve Vimes shouting racist and the Govt scare mongering us into going along with all this garbage [Ie we can be thrown out of the EU if we don't vote yes on the Lisbon Treaty,etc] . The Irish have to remeber that the Govt works for them. They tell the Gov't what to do not the other way around.

I fear that Ireland and the Irish will cease to exist in a few years if the Irish don't take back their country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

marcsignal wrote: »
    Got it in one kickoutthejams, I'm off back to the WW2 forum, its safer :D

Yes.

It's so much safer discussing things in retrospect.

Let's go off and discuss how the gypsys had an extermination levelled at them.

WIll be better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭BigglesMcGee

Show me a person defending the Roma who has let a Roma family spend a week living in their house and i'll show you a person who i have much respect for. Because they put their heart where their mouth is.

So until you bleeding hearts can do this, noone cares what you have to say. Its all show for your PC buddies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Sam Vimes is a perfect example of why Western Europe and even the US are royaly screwed. Because there is always a bleeding heart ready to use the race card even when its not applicable.

Do anybody here really think Eastern Europe or the Middle East [since we bend over backwards for those thugs too] care about Politcal Correctness? Hell no. W. Europe and the US need to grow a spine and stop worrying about what other people will think.
    JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Western Civiliaztion [Western Europe and US mostly] has been neutered by Political Correctness [Thank You France and UK for starting that garbage. That worked out real well for them didn't it?] and that "We have to become a multi-cultural society"[multi-culturalism is based purely on selfishness and lazyness] and that we must diversify. Plus if you say anything against it you are immediately branded a racist. Just like steve vimes did on this thread.

The Irish have lost their nerve because of steve Vimes shouting racist and the Govt scare mongering us into going along with all this garbage [Ie we can be thrown out of the EU if we don't vote yes on the Lisbon Treaty,etc] . The Irish have to remeber that the Govt works for them. They tell the Gov't what to do not the other way around.

I fear that Ireland and the Irish will cease to exist in a few years if the Irish don't take back their country.
    Sam Vimes has been banned from this forum.
    Therefore he cannot defend himself against any comments levelled at him.
    Please refrain from your current course of action.

Yes.

It's so much safer discussing things in retrospect.

Let's go off and discuss how the gypsys had an extermination levelled at them.

WIll be better.
    Screw you guys.

I'm waiting for WW3.
    Half the world will be gone, but I'll have my sticks and stones ready to defend my property.

Terry wrote: »

I'm waiting for WW3.
    Half the world will be gone, but I'll have my sticks and stones ready to defend my property.

Don't forget all the feral women in leopard skin bikinis.

Rawr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Sam Vimes has been banned from this forum.
    Therefore he cannot defend himself against any comments levelled at him.
    Please refrain from your current course of action.

Sorry didn't realize that. Won't happen again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

Don't forget all the feral women in leopard skin bikinis.

Rawr

Sheesh, vote kickoutthejams for Fuhrer! That's a far better excuse for war than Lebensraum! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭DD

Two owners having the same type of house, identical ones want to sell them.
    One of the owners ask the other owner: Oh, I see, you are selling your house too? How much did you ask for it?
    The other guy: Yep, trying to sell it. Well, not less than 1,5 mil.
    First owner: Jesus, but how come, I asked for mine 750k and I don't think I can get more. We have the same house, same size, same material, everything is the same.
    The other guy: Well, I am not the one that has a gypsy neighbor. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

po0k wrote: »
    Show me a post-celtic-tiger cub who doesn't sh1t all over town on a Saturday night when out drinking with their kin, dropping rubbish everywhere, running around like petulant little children with no regard for common decency.

Yes, gas them all.

Define post-celtic-tiger cub.

• Advertisement

Blush_01 wrote: »
    Define post-celtic-tiger cub.
    I think he just did. :)

Someone around the age of 18 - 20 who never knew life in Ireland before mammy had an SUV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

I'm waiting for WW3.

kickoutthejams has already applied for mod of that forum

I think he just did. :)

Someone around the age of 18 - 20 who never knew life in Ireland before mammy had an SUV.

Post Celtic Tiger?

I thought he meant people who lived free and easy during the Celtic Tiger with loads of disposable cash but have now realised their 300 square foot shit box out in Castleknock is gonna take a long time to pay off and is suddenly worth €100,000 less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Sir Molle

I'm sick of being harassed by ****ing gypos with trumpets when I'm out for pints in town. If they can't afford to live in the country with out having to beg, they shouldn't have come here and they should probably be deported.

Sir Molle wrote: »
    I'm sick of being harassed by ****ing gypos with trumpets when I'm out for pints in town. If they can't afford to live in the country with out having to beg, they shouldn't have come here and they should probably be deported.

It's the Roma National Orchestra. Live from a doorway near you. For One Night Only!!

Sir Molle wrote: »
    Infraction given for the usage of the term "Gyppo".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Sir Molle

Infraction given for the usage of the term "Gyppo".
    Fine, Gypsies....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Simplicity

po0k wrote: »
    Show me a post-celtic-tiger cub who doesn't sh1t all over town on a Saturday night when out drinking with their kin, dropping rubbish everywhere, running around like petulant little children with no regard for common decency.

Yes, gas them all.

What an idiotic post. No relevance what so ever.

Even being of no relevance I could show you many well behaved post celtic tiger cubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭DD

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7402602.stm

Great news, a country showing some balls and not afraid to offend. People with no intention of ever working/contributing, who are able bodied, but are focussed solely on crime and inflicting misery, should not receive well wishes.

But I must wonder, what is it like to be a non-gypsy Romanian, in Romania?

Roll on the do-gooders. . . . . (pavee point) or whatever they are called.

Immigrants from Romania, but also Albania, Greece, China and Morocco, were among those arrested, Italy's La Repubblica news website reported.

And by the way I have heard that only in the capital of Romania the number of Romanian people is bigger than the Irish population in Ireland.
    Have someone heard about it too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

Victor wrote: »
    So the mafia* burning people out of their homes, while the police stand idly by is to be applauded now?

* Its not the mafia, its some local equivalent

i would welcome it here. why have immigrants that just want the dole etc? ok give them some time (4months) then if they haven't even got a part time 'get the hell off my land!' simple as kick em back to wherever they came from (this also applies to all other non nationals)

Speak of the Devil. Was on the DRogheda train this morning and in the second last carraige there were about ten Romany men.
    They were shouting, clapping, pushing each other into people, breaking seats and even broke the door to the toilet.

My sympathies to anyone who got pickpocketed on the train this morning.

Can some of the people defending these louts on here please take them home and save them from the roundabouts. Let your actions match your words. They need to be rehabilitated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

My sympathies to anyone who got pickpocketed on the train this morning.

Was it confirmed that people were pickpocketed?

Was it confirmed that people were pickpocketed?

Anything to say about the rest of my post at all?

Would you stand beside a gang of them while they were pushing each other into you? I think not.

Can some of the people defending these louts on here please take them home and save them from the roundabouts. Let your actions match your words. They need to be rehabilitated.

Oh what a dreadfully uninformed opinion to have. Obviously I’d love nothing better than to take them home with me and shelter them from the mass of ignorance and prejudice that’s displayed on this hate filled thread.

But, er, I can’t. I don’t think I should interfere. Even though I’d absolutely love to. There’d be no problem you understand. It’s just that, em, I think they should be allowed live in shanty camps if they want. I can’t meddle in their way of life. I respect them far too much. Much more than you do I’m sure.

See I can empathise with them. I know when I’m walking down the street and they all cluster about me, gold teeth flashing in broad smiles, that they are in truth recognising a kindred spirit. Later when I find most of my personal possessions missing from my pockets I know I must have dropped them.

It’s like at the ATM the other day. Some young rascal pressed €200 on the screen and then scampered away with it when it came out. I knew though that he just made a mistake. He didn’t understand that it was my money he was taking. You see they’re such free spirits they don’t understand the idea of personal possessions. You can’t blame someone for that. They don’t realise it’s a crime.

Really I just wish my arms were wide enough to encompass all of the Roma so I could give them a hug. But failing that I’m wishing them all the best. They deserve it. Those independent, roguish, fun filled people.

Anything to say about the rest of my post at all?

They were shouting, pushing each other round ... big deal. The kids on my housing estate shout, scream, push each other round. However, I've never heard of them doing much else.

Anything to say about the question I asked you at all?
    Would you stand beside a gang of them while they were pushing each other into you? I think not.

You'd think right. I'd move away from them.

• Advertisement

The kids on my housing estate shout, scream, push each other round. However, I've never heard of them doing much else.

Whereas these guys were breaking chairs and the toilet door.

Blackpitts wrote: »
    I think i can give you a better point of view of the real situation as I'm from Naples.
    The sparkle that caused all these riots was an attempt of kidnapping a 6month yo baby by one gipsy girl. Fortunately she got caught by the parents of the baby just before she left the house. It's not the first time that gipsies are stealing babies and put them on the streets in order to get more money when they beg for it. it's an absolute shame!
    Anyway the people setting fire to gipsies' caravans or throwing molotov at them are (in most cases) belonging to the local mafia (called Camorra) which has the complete dominion on the territory and doesn't want gipsies as they are out of their control.
    I wish the italian police was so "effective" also with the mafia guys, but this is not going to happen. (I suggest to read "Gomorrah" to have an insight view of what i'm talking about, it's a bestseller in many countries now)
    I'm not against the Roma, I just want all the criminal people outside from my country, i don't care if they come from romania or wherever else in the world. In Italy at the moment 38% of people in prison are foreigners, it's a shocking percentage.

I notice the Pro-Roma posters seem to have missed this guys post (#124)
    Being from Naples, maybe he/she might have been able to give them valid insight under interrogation.

Degsy hit the nail on the head earlier. There's a particular 'type' of Irish person that seems to bask in the glory of defending the indefensible, and in the course of doing so, pulls the race card at random intervals, whether it's contextually valid or not.

Any opportunity for sanctimoniously peering at people over half cut spectacles, clucking their tongues and shaking their heads, on their orderly stampede to the moral high ground.

Dinter wrote: »
    Whereas these guys were breaking chairs and the toilet door.

Isnt it funny how elviscostello was completely blind to that part of the story.

This is the problem as marcsignal has pointed out too.

I make the call again to all the Roma Defenders. Show me a Roma Defender who will allow them to stay in their home for a week. How hard can that be?

You'll find no shortage at all of Romas to stay in your home.
    Just say to them "I'm so sorry that you have to live in the tent on the roundabout. Id like to prove to everyone how nice you really are. Would you like to stay in my house for the week?"

You'll find no shortage at all of Romas to stay in your home.

Whether you invite them in or not. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

Blackpitts wrote: »
    I think i can give you a better point of view of the real situation as I'm from Naples.
    The sparkle that caused all these riots was an attempt of kidnapping a 6month yo baby by one gipsy girl. Fortunately she got caught by the parents of the baby just before she left the house. It's not the first time that gipsies are stealing babies and put them on the streets in order to get more money when they beg for it. it's an absolute shame!

Do you have a link to a verifiable report that this (or any) baby incident actually took place? The spreading of rumours regarding certain groups and babies has happened throughout history. The Jews would eat Christian ones for example. Only the other week I read on another forum of a British soldier serving in Afghanistan who swore that the Taliban (not that these guys need any bad press) would take babies from villages and throw them in the air for target practice. Again, there is no mention of this in any media anywhere.

• Advertisement

I've heard rumours about honest hard working Romas too, but have yet to see any evidence :)

Isnt it funny how elviscostello was completely blind to that part of the story.

I didn't miss any part of your post..... I took an example of something else in comparison.

I do find that part of your post hard to believe though. Was this a commuter train from Drogheda? The last time I was on a commuter train from there, it was barely possible to move, nevermind have enough free movement to be able to break a seat/toilet door. Unless maybe, everyone in that second last carriage moved out.

It's hard to take your word on it when in the following sentence, you concoct a bulls*t story about these guys pickpocketing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

latenia wrote: »
    The Jews would eat Christian ones for example.
    Thats right, they did eat christian babies, and they killed our lord.
    Im still outraged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

quote=BigglesMcGee;56013086]
    I make the call again to all the Roma Defenders. Show me a Roma Defender who will allow them to stay in their home for a week. How hard can that be? [/quote]

Go out and invite a random group of irish people into your house for a week. Go on, how hard can that be?

I didn't miss any part of your post..... I took an example of something else in comparison.

I do find that part of your post hard to believe though. Was this a commuter train from Drogheda? The last time I was on a commuter train from there, it was barely possible to move, nevermind have enough free movement to be able to break a seat/toilet door. Unless maybe, everyone in that second last carriage moved out.

It's hard to take your word on it when in the following sentence, you concoct a bulls*t story about these guys pickpocketing.

Dont get too upset because you've been called out on your false concern for the Romas.

I know you didnt miss any part of my post. You just chose to ignore a part, the part that was probably most relevant to the character of the Romas, but it didnt fit with your closed, uninformed view of who they really are.

Yes you could move on the train. It was packed, but not so packed at the end the Romas were. I wonder why.

So tell us. when are you having the Romas around to your house for dinner? I'm sure we can all even chip in and pay for the food.

So tell us. when are you having the Romas around to your house for dinner? I'm sure we can all even chip in and pay for the food.

I don't know anyone who invites strangers to their house for dinner. Regardless of ethnicity.

latenia wrote: »
    Do you have a link to a verifiable report that this (or any) baby incident actually took place? The spreading of rumours regarding certain groups and babies has happened throughout history. The Jews would eat Christian ones for example. Only the other week I read on another forum of a British soldier serving in Afghanistan who swore that the Taliban (not that these guys need any bad press) would take babies from villages and throw them in the air for target practice. Again, there is no mention of this in any media anywhere.

http://www.ansa.it/site/notizie/awnplus/english/news/2008-05-14_114227892.html

Dont know what ansa.it is or if its a valid source, but as I said before, IF this is true it is deeply sinister..

I don't know anyone who invites strangers to their house for dinner. Regardless of ethnicity.

But they wouldnt be strangers if they got to know them by talking to them and hanging out with them. Why not start like that and then inviite them. they could become a friend of the roma and get to know them. Then preach.

But they wouldnt be strangers if they got to know them by talking to them and hanging out with them. Why not start like that and then inviite them. they could become a friend of the roma and get to know them. Then preach.

TO be fair, I don't randomly go up to people based purely on etnicity and talk to them with the idea of asking them for dinner.

If I get to know someone at random and then like them, then I'd invite them to dinner.

Nothing to do with ethnicity.

• Advertisement

TO be fair, I don't randomly go up to people based purely on etnicity and talk to them with the idea of asking them for dinner.

If I get to know someone at random and then like them, then I'd invite them to dinner.

Nothing to do with ethnicity.

True, but if you wanted to see what they are really like and would like to tell about the positive experiences you've had with them you should make the effort to find out if it was possible to have a positive experience first.
    Because i and anyone else i know has only had negative experiences with Roma.

You're trying to put words in my mouth and it's not making your argument very credible.
    Dont get too upset because you've been called out on your false concern for the Romas.

Have I mentioned any 'concern' for them? I asked you to clarify something you said. You didn't.

What is the point of throwing out a ridiculous statement about somebody being pickpocketed?

Take this scenario: An Irish man in new york, convicted for rape. Another Irish man on a train in new york the next day. A commuter comes on a message forum and says 'god help anyone who got raped on that train this morning' It doesn't make sense. It's ridiculous to say it.
    I know you didnt miss any part of my post. You just chose to ignore a part, the part that was probably most relevant to the character of the Romas, but it didnt fit with your closed, uninformed view of who they really are.

Again, you're putting words in my mouth. I chose to ignore it, because i believe it is a load of rubbish.
    Yes you could move on the train. It was packed, but not so packed at the end the Romas were. I wonder why.

Why?

No, I wont be inviting them in to my house. Then again, I wouldn't invite you either, because I don't know you.

You're trying to put words in my mouth and it's not making your argument very credible.

Have I mentioned any 'concern' for them? I asked you to clarify something you said. You didn't.

What is the point of throwing out a ridiculous statement about somebody being pickpocketed?

Take this scenario: An Irish man in new york, convicted for rape. Another Irish man on a train in new york the next day. A commuter comes on a message forum and says 'god help anyone who got raped on that train this morning' It doesn't make sense. It's ridiculous to say it.

Again, you're putting words in my mouth. I chose to ignore it, because i believe it is a load of rubbish.

Why?

No, I wont be inviting them in to my house. Then again, I wouldn't invite you either, because I don't know you.

Calm down. We all saw what you wrote and what you left out. People can form their own opinions on both of us.
    Im sure i'll come accross as harsh on Romas to a lot of people too, and i'm fine with that. I think i'm with the majority though.

And its so easy to make me eat my words. Be kind to the Roma. Give them a bed. Befriend them. Hang out with them.

I expect proof though. A picture of the contents of a wallet left on the table before and after will do.

You're missing the point. I'm not defending Roma. I just don't see the point in making up ridiculous stories about them.
    I expect proof though. A picture of the contents of a wallet left on the table before and after will do.

Nice edit there. Do you have a picture of the emptied wallet(s) on the train this morning?

quote=BigglesMcGee;56013086]
    I make the call again to all the Roma Defenders. Show me a Roma Defender who will allow them to stay in their home for a week. How hard can that be? [/QUOTE]
    humanji wrote: »
    Go out and invite a random group of irish people into your house for a week. Go on, how hard can that be?

Hang on ?? What point are you trying to make here with this comparison ??

There's plenty of nasty home grown Irish, some in the travelling and some in the settled community, anyone would be insane to try to deny that.

I wouldn't have any Irish person like that in my house either.

No stories made up. why are you so upset?

Train, Roma, Noise, Anti-social behaviour, Broken seat , Broken toilet door, big bangs out of toilet, Roma pushing each other into other passengers, Passenger says i cant find my wallet in the station, pushing through people in the station and knocking old people all over the place. There were about 50 people in the carraige. Many more walking through the station. Lots of witnesses. Go down and ask the station man in Tara station about Roma this morning. He was there. I garauntee he remembers.

You're missing the point. I'm not defending Roma. I just don't see the point in making up ridiculous stories about them.

I'm just curious, if you saw a group of inner city Dublin kids wrecking seats and damaging a toilet door on a train, would you post on boards complaining about it ?

Maybe/Maybe not ... not sure unless was in the situation. why do you ask?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

There's a particular 'type' of Irish person that seems to bask in the glory of defending the indefensible, and in the course of doing so, pulls the race card at random intervals, whether it's contextually valid or not.

Any opportunity for sanctimoniously peering at people over half cut spectacles, clucking their tongues and shaking their heads, on their orderly stampede to the moral high ground.

+1

Perfectly summed up if I may say so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

There's a particular 'type' of Irish person that seems to bask in the glory of defending the indefensible, and in the course of doing so, pulls the race card at random intervals, whether it's contextually valid or not.

Yep. And as I said before, such people, while they tend to whinge about how howwible people can be to other people, they've no problem being ***** themselves in order to make that point...

Advertisement