Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Meguiars NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0

Options
  • 20-05-2008 10:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭

Just tried buying this wax off an ebay seller .. deal fell through

Anyone got a reliable (cheap :o ) source ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Pretty sure I've seen this in Halfords...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 whatthe...

Yep, Halfrauds do it.....the whole Meguairs range in fact.

After using Autoglym for years I recently converted to this brand after hearing other forums rave about its quality. Another satisfied customer, me. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

whatthe... wrote: »
    Yep, Halfrauds do it.....the whole Meguairs range in fact.

thanks .. are their prices reasonable ?

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Seperate

2.0 isnt in Halfords yet, not my local one anyway. I am going to pick it up myself if i come across it out of interest, seems to be a big improvement over 1.0, but that wouldn't be difficult :)

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

There is no NXT 2 in the republic yet AFAIK, I rang the distributer last week & I was told that they have plenty of the original in stock still & won't be getting the NXT 2 until this is gone :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭HJL

Dont think this guy has the 2.0 stuff yet, but i have bought of him before and found it much cheaper than in shops here:
    http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Holdcrofts

EDIT - just actually noticed that this dude has 'no internation postage' on some of his listings now,
    so not 100% if he'll still send stuff over here. I'll send an emailing asking and report back.

2nd EDIT - Ok this seller, at least for now, can only post to UK addresses as they had some issues with oversea postage.
    I reckon it was because they werent charging enough, i got the 473ml of car shampoo & conditioner, and the 473ml of Gold Class
    wax [recommended, great stuff] for the combined cost of £3 str, i think you'll agree that seems a tad underpriced.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭vectra

>>>THIS GUY <<< Posts to Europe so should cover Ireland ?

vectra wrote: »
    >>>THIS GUY <<< Posts to Europe so should cover Ireland ?

I just asked him about postage to the republic earlier today so i'll let ye know when he gets back to me :)

Just got the reply

"hi £4.95 air mail
    thanks for your enquiry
    regards garry
    GQ TRADING COMPANY"

£14.99 + £4.95 = £19.94 about €25 according to xe.com but probally a bit more as paypal seem to use a different rate

Alfie1 wrote: »
    Just got the reply

"hi £4.95 air mail
    thanks for your enquiry
    regards garry
    GQ TRADING COMPANY"

£14.99 + £4.95 = £19.94 about €25 according to xe.com but probally a bit more as paypal seem to use a different rate

Hmm,
    I got my tub of Harley wax for around that price :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭It BeeMee

vectra wrote: »
    Hmm,
    I got my tub of Harley wax for around that price :o

How good is the Harley wax?
    This guy seems convinced of it's properties, but then again, he is selling the stuff....

It BeeMee wrote: »
    How good is the Harley wax?
    This guy seems convinced of it's properties, but then again, he is selling the stuff....

Thats who I bought it from.
    Now
    I use it on a Black car so maybe it looks better to me but I simply adore the finish once i use it :cool:

I am deffo gonna get more of it.
    My only problem is I live next to a Rugby Pitch which has a limestone driveway and the dust here is just incredible, It appears to "Stick" to the wax.
    BUT

I love the Beading effect when it rains :cool:

Matter of choice I would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭HJL

Alfie1 wrote: »
    £14.99 + £4.95 = £19.94 about €25

Is €25 any cheaper than it would be in the shops here?
    OK, i know this stuff isnt in the shops here yet, but when it is, will it exceed €25?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭TomMc

http://www.meguiars.co.uk/cgi-bin/specwd.pl?pc=G12718&tp=0

The stuff costs 16 Stg in the UK so it is not going to be more than 25 EUR here.

And even though Stonglines (Megs Irish Dist) may not be bringing it in till they are shot of the old stuff, I would say Halfords stock comes from their UK channels and not via Irish operations. They never were too big on stocking Megs gear anyway so they may or may not have it in the near future. Halfords generally only stock products (give floor space) to manufacturers that are prepared to give them 6 to 12 months credit, so that is why alot of the stuff they sell is mostly pants. After all you would want to be pretty desperate for market share to give in to those kind of terms. I know where most high-end product manufacturers would tell them to go.

Anyway, back on Megs NXT Tech Wax 2.0, don't put it on a pedestal or anything. The bigger the manufacturer and especially American ones, the more hype that tends to surround their products. As mentioned above the earlier version was generic enough so nothing special. I can think of many others brands that do better stuff for less.

TomMc wrote: »
    Anyway, back on Megs NXT Tech Wax 2.0, don't put it on a pedestal or anything. The bigger the manufacturer and especially American ones, the more hype that tends to surround their products. As mentioned above the earlier version was generic enough so nothing special. I can think of many others brands that do better stuff for less.

have you used the 2.0 stuff ?

What do you think is better?

I heard it is now available in Halfords Blanchardstown for anyone interested

bought it on ebay .. really impressed, easiest wax I've ever used with excellent results.

Advertisement