Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Opel Corsa oil consumption

Options
  • 20-05-2008 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭

My sister's '02 Corsa 1.0 seems to have started guzzling oil all of a sudden. Its paying a visit to the garage later in the week, but in the mean time I'd like to see if any of you have any ideas on wtf is going on with it.

Its a very low mileage car, only about 30k on it and has been serviced regularly throughout its life. It used to be my mother's car and was passed on to the sister last year.

Anyway, it consumed nearly a litre of oil over the course of a trip from Galway to Kilkenny at the weekend. Topped it up and she drove it back to Galway and it did the same thing again. There's no sign of any leakage, no warning lights on the dash, temperature looks fine, no sign of gunk under the oil filler cap etc.

The car would have just been driven in and out of town while my mother had it, but since the sister got it its been all over the country. Would that sudden change possibly have anything to do with this?

Advertisement