Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New events

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 neeviec

Ha ha just joined the movie club on facebook was just going to spread the word here when I saw your message! I think this club is a great idea!
    Definitely up for the Lighthouse some weekend, the 15th sounds good to me and the start of July sounds OK at the minute.

As for the Howth to Sutton, that will also be relatively easy to organise also, just meet at a DART station and head out from there if people are interested.

I was also thinking too seeing as it's summer time is anyone up for taking a dip in the 40 foot, I have never done this personally but have always wanted too, we could do that (or people could watch as some brave souls do it) and head for refreshments of a warming variety after it.

Sorry I've done a lot of surfing on the internet today but came across this http://www.thetasselclub.com/pages/events.htm
    Would anyone be interested in going, I know it is ages away yet but tickets are 40 euros and it's not always easy to scrape the money together at the last minute. Just looks like it would be a good laugh and a chance to throw on some glad rags and have a bit of fun that's a bit different to the norm.

I know I've thrown out a good few ideas out there but it's just a bit of food for thought for future reference if anyone is interested. Anyway I better go to sleep, have a lovely day's work starting at silly o'clock! Night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭Karen_*

I'd love to do the 40 foot!!! I say that now but I would need persuading at the time.:D

Hiya Claire and welcome to the boards. ;)

Ok well for starters will we organise the lighthouse and maye some grub. Doesn't have to be loads of us but at least to get the ball rolling and we can discuss ideas then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Ok, provisionally who would be interested in Lighthouse Cinema next Monday 9th June evening ? or perhaps the Monday 16th?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Yep. Mondays are better than Wednesdays for me anyway.

Next Monday I'm in Ibiza and the week after am going to Prince. Usually though Mondays are fine for me:D

• Advertisement

Ok, How about Monday 16th - that leaves people a little bit of time to plan.

I'll wait for a little more feedback, then set the wheels in motion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭Feeonaw

Count me in - and the boyfriend too :pac: what films are gonna be on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 neeviec

Count me in too, hopefully won't be working late that evening but will try my hardest to get there.

Ok thats looks good, not sure what movies will be on - keep an eye on their website though.

By the way, anyone wanting to come along to my movie club tomorrow, just PM me (see sig details)

Alas I have a date with Prince on the 16th. *sobs bitterly*:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

I vote for the 16th also!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

I might come to this cinema thing too! 16th sounds good, evening yeah? at some point after 6 perhaps....?

Well I went along to the midweek movie club this evening. It was good fun. Not a bad little turnout either.

Ok, let me get the wheels in motion for the 16th.

(thanks for the testimonial monkeyfudege :))

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Would be interested if I can figure out timing and transport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭cailinoBAC

Has anybody ever taken part in the An Oige hikes? I would imagine that's an activity that doesn't involve too much drinking. I'm thinking of doing this one on Sunday
    http://www.anoige.ie/calendar/event/748

http://www.nondrinkersgroup.com/events.html

Hey All - I've updated the NDG website! Cinema outing on June 16th is now included. Please keep me up to date with the film name and time when it's decided.

For anyone else who's gotten enough people together to organise an event, just let me know and I'll put the details on our site :)

cailinoBAC wrote: »
    Has anybody ever taken part in the An Oige hikes? I would imagine that's an activity that doesn't involve too much drinking. I'm thinking of doing this one on Sunday
    http://www.anoige.ie/calendar/event/748

I used to do these hikes with my parents years ago and they were always really fun...you do need walkin' boots though - runners just don't cut it! :) I might go - worried though cos I'm incredibly unfit.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Richie860504

Hey is there anything goin on at weekends at all. It's just that I can't make it to anything organised durin the week cos I'm now living in Armagh and only come back to Dublin the odd weekend. If there is anything goin on could someone please let me know on my mobile at [mod edit: PM for number]. Sorry but have to put my number up cos don't be near a computer up there at all at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Sorry Richie I removed your number from the post in case some moron decides to mess with ye! If anything comes up, someone feel free to PM Richie and fill him in :D He'll get the PM whenever he's online

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Phew, where has June gone?

Anyway, I suppose we could get our thinking caps on for July and see about doing something. Any ideas? Heard of any free events in town or perhaps we could plan something...:)

What about a trip to a comedy club, like The Laughter Lounge.

It is a bit costly, but would be good craic. The venus is nice, even if it does have a bar.

Shows normally finish up around 11pm as well.

Great idea Zabbo:D

Isn't there some comedy festival on in the Iveagh Gardens (Dublin) soon too?

The International Bar have comedy on every evening except Monday (I think) and its a tenner in.

Could be good to mix that with maybe a late night coffee/wagamamas?

I don't mind organising, if enough are interested (even 3-4 is good)

zAbbo wrote: »
    The International Bar have comedy on every evening except Monday (I think) and its a tenner in.

I'm away for a few weeks now, but I'd definitely go when I get back home!

I'd definately interested.

also, just a suggestion but would anyone be up for doing the Ghost Bus tour at some stage? I heard its supposed to be brilliant :)

zAbbo wrote: »

Sounds good! Depends when it's on but this could be a go-er for me'n'Roo :) We love the International Comedy Nights - haven't been there in ages! The trick is to get in early so you get a seat. It gets so packed. Whatta ya say we do this on a weekend night?

Karen_* wrote: »
    I'd definately interested.

also, just a suggestion but would anyone be up for doing the Ghost Bus tour at some stage? I heard its supposed to be brilliant :)

I have ALWAYS wanted to go on the Ghost Bus. I am so there! :pac:

• Advertisement

There's also the Dracula Museum. That's fun.

Advertisement