Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech alarm not alarming!!!

Options
  • 20-05-2008 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

I have insatalled an Aritech CS350 alarm which is working fine apart from when leaving the house. When i arm the alarm leaving through the exit/entry zone, the alarm will not ring if another zone is opened during the count down time. I will only get the red light on the keypad but nothing from the bellbox. Anyone have any suggestions to what the problem maybe???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Sounds like a fuse or your bell is faulty. Try an do a bell test from the user menu

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭mattym

Thanks for that. I has since noticed that the internal bell will go off and the beacon will flash on the outside bell so it looks like the problem is on the external bell output. But that output works fine once the exit/entry time has elapsed so it looks like a programming problem. Anyone seens this before???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

if a zone is open when you leave, the unit should inform you of this. You shouldn't be able to arm the alarm if any zone is open apart from the entry/exit.

I'm not sure I follow what you mean that the alarm will not ring if another zone is opened during the count down time

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭derek_g34

90% of intruder alarm panels are factory programmed not to trigger the external sounder during an exit fault. This is not the case during an entry fault, when both sounders and the strobe will activate. Also, zones can be programmed as access, this allows them to be open during the exit/entry time, but they must be closed at the end of the exit time. If opened prior to the entry timer, they will cause an immediate alarm.

What i mean is that if i set the alarm (meaning all zones are closed), the exit/entry time will count down. But if i open another zone which is not exit/entry during the time given to you to get out, the internal siren only will go off. The problem is that i can not hear the internal siren from the front door so the only indication of an alarm you can see is the strobe on the outside bellbox. Does anyone think this is a programming problem??

• Advertisement

mattym wrote: »
    What i mean is that if i set the alarm (meaning all zones are closed), the exit/entry time will count down. But if i open another zone which is not exit/entry during the time given to you to get out, the internal siren only will go off. The problem is that i can not hear the internal siren from the front door so the only indication of an alarm you can see is the strobe on the outside bellbox. Does anyone think this is a programming problem??

mayym, I have a CS350 and I just did the following.

I set my alarm as if I was leaving the house. As it was counting down the exit time, I went to the kitchen and opened the window. The internal siren ONLY went off. So it appears not to be a programming issue. Its working as same as mine.

Can I ask you why you would open another zone when you are leaving?

As I said before, intruder alarm panels are factory programmed not to ring the outside bell during an exit fault.

There is no problem with your alarm

Thanks Lex, its good to know that its not a fault in mine. Its just happened once or twice that someone would go into another room with a pir in it while i was setting the alarm and would cause this problem. I presumed that the external alarm should go off but thanks a million for clearing that up. much appreciated...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭fishdog

intruder alarm panels are factory programmed not to ring the outside bell during an exit fault.
    + 1

Set the Zone Attribute for the PIR zone to InPgAc and that should stop that happening

• Advertisement

There are three different settings within "InPgAc". "In" allows you to inhibit the zone. "Pg" programs the zone not to be included when you part guard the system. "Ac" programs the zone for access - previously described.

Advertisement