Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spencer Tunick

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭irishcrazyhorse

Im signed up for it alright!
    I will take a stroll down first and see if there is 100's just there just for a look!

Havent told any mates that Im doing it either,dont trust the bastards

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

I admire your bravery!!!

I don't know if I'd be more afraid of my cellulite being seen by the world, or other bits! Infact, it wouldn't even be the world, I'd be afraid of anyone I know in Cork seeing said picture ................ or worse, standing there, totally starkers, ready to pose and recognising somebody standing nearby.............

Best of luck to you all and may the sun shine brightly that day - so that everything hangs/stands/sits etc. etc. where it should!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭flo8s967qjh0nd

Well, accorrding to the helpful website, they've done this enough times to know how to do it as painlessly as possible - i.e. the area is sealed off from random onlookers; you're only naked for a very short period of time, etc.

I decided to mention it because the real interesting question is WHERE its going to take place (its a secret up until very close to the day). Now I noticed the director of the Midsummer festival had a short blog ( http://corkmidsummer.blogspot.com/ )about the Spencer Tunick thing on the Midsummer website and he ends on a very peculiar note which , I think, may be a hint as to the location:

"After two days scouting in and around Dublin the four of us got the train back down to Cork to start the second part of this epic scout. In the taxi on the way from Kent station to the Hayfield where they were staying I asked the taxi driver to take a detour up to St. Luke’s and down Patrick’s Hill to see the magnificent view of the city at night." ENDS

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Cork is far too small to be entertaining the notion of taking part in something like this. There's about a 97% possibility that a portion of people you know casually will be there, people you may work with or people you deal with in a business sense on a day to day basis. Personally, I wouldn't want any of the above groups seeing me in my birthday suit.

As himself above said, what if you stick out like a sore thumb in the photo once it's taken? Oh dear. You may be immortalised in art, but err, you'll be nekkid as the day you were born. Y'know that nightmare people have about turning up to important functions only to discover they're naked? Oh dear oh dear.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

Fair play to you. i think cork is way way too small the likelihood is you could end up (butt)cheek to cheek with your next door neighbour. no thanks mine are not that attractive. the mortification if you stood out in the pic might cause me some sleepless nights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

I wouldn't do it, looking at the previous pictures on the website there's an awful lot of very close physical contact involved. I'd be uncomfortable with that with my clothes on, never mind off. I can't imagine 1000's participating in the Cork one. Could be wrong though.

Oh dear,
    sounds like a lot of Cork people have something to hide/be ashamed of :)

The chances are you'll meet someone you know, but so what?? they'll be naked too and chances are they'll think it was just as cool an idea as you do.

I've signed up and will probably do it!
    I know its one of those things that I will regret not doing if I don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I, for one, will be keeping my tunic on. <---wit!

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭wasper

Has anyone else signed up for the Spencer Tunick shoot; part of the Midsummer Festival?

i signed up & I am 48 years old.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

I signed up too, but I'm still not sure I'll go through with it.

I did the Franko B naked thing a few years ago, but that was one-to-one. And part of me has been a postcard, but that was anonymous. Currently considering Dublin instead on the basis that Cork is a very small place, even for someone who isn't particularly shy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I thought about it but
    B. Corks a small and nosey place, there are going to be a lot of folks turning up 'for the craic' and just to have a gawk at who's doing it.

+1

rymus wrote: »
    Cork is far too small to be entertaining the notion of taking part in something like this. There's about a 97% possibility that a portion of people you know casually will be there, people you may work with or people you deal with in a business sense on a day to day basis. Personally, I wouldn't want any of the above groups seeing me in my birthday suit.

and +1

You can't stand still in Cork for 5 minutes without people you know passing. I don't want to be standing around in the nuddy around them - going out would never be the same again...

Anybody who's registered heard back from these people yet?

They were supposed to contact people two weeks before the 17th.

I could start to loose my nerve if I don't hear something soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

Anybody who's registered heard back from these people yet?

They were supposed to contact people two weeks before the 17th.

I could start to loose my nerve if I don't hear something soon :)

No; nothing. I wonder if they got too few people signing up? Would be nice to know if it is/is not going ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 letsgoforit

Hi I'm not from Ireland but would still like to go to the Cork nude photo session. I love that kind of art. If you're also going, message me and we could go together. We could before the shoot.

I'm male 28.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Alds

Hi all - i signed up for the Dublin installlation and the email about the location is due to be sent to everyone on Wednesday 11th - he sends out the emails 10 days before the shoot so that the location wont leak! Cork participants should recieve their mail today at the latest - if not get onto them it would be a pity to miss this opportunity of a life time!!! I hear loads of people of signed up more than they expected so it wont be too embarrassing getting your kit off if there are thousands doing it with you!!!!

Hi all - i signed up for the Dublin installlation and i the email about the lacation is due to be sent to everyone on Wednesday 11th - he sends out the emails 10 days before the shoot so that the location wont leak! Cork participants should recieve their mail today at the latest - if not get onto them it would be a pity to miss this opportunity of a life time!!! I hear loads of people of signed up more than they expected so it wont be too embarrassing getting your kit off if there are thousands doing it with you!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭irishcrazyhorse

Anyone get the mail yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Got mail today. My God its on early. Looking forward to it though.

Got the email yesterday aswell. Very early!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

What time is it on at? I'm doing the Dublin one and have yet to get an email but it will probably be the same time or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Kenjd

Just signed up for the Dublin one. I'll just finish work and head straight there!
    Can we bring cans?? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

My sister is going to be a volunteer at the spencer tunic thing (not getting naked) . she got a phone call the other day to say they are meeting in the city somewhere at 1am on tue to get a bus to a secret location, and they should be finished by 8am.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

Spencer Tunick will be doing a final site visit this weekend to determine the most optimal times for the Dublin installation and shoot. All Dublin participants will receive an email confirming the time and location of the installation, meeting points, maps and release forms on MONDAY 16TH JUNE. Thank you for your patience.

i was wondering where my mail was so log onto the site - phew Dublin still on just a small delay - wonder where it is anyone any ideas??

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I know a man who is doing it in Cork. Reason enough for me not to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 letsgoforit

The volunteers will be on-site for about 7 hours but the participants only for 5 or so. The session itself may last only 1-2 hours. Participants will be naked only for a short period of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

I registered a few days ago, got my mail today..
    Cant go though, its on at 3am and im on nights, unless i pull a sickie...
    Scared though, am not the fittest of people!!!!!!

I don't think I can go unless I sort a lift from the City. Any offers?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭DEEP THROAT

Blarney Castle is the rumour I heard

Advertisement