Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spencer Tunick

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

I don't think I can go unless I sort a lift from the City. Any offers?

I'm not doing it but I thought they were organising buses to bring people to the "secret location".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Brigida

I'm taking part in Dublin. I'll be alone as my friends have all suddenly developed body hang-ups... So it looks as if it's only going to be people who are happy with their bodies.

Did any of you take part in Cork? How did it go?

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭irishcrazyhorse

Just back from blarney!
    twas pretty cold but to be honest i wasnt prepared so I was cold before I had to strip!
    Was much easier than I expected as there is no waiting to strip ,when they call it u just drop trouser and get on with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭JJDoherty

Brigida wrote: »
    I'm taking part in Dublin. I'll be alone as my friends have all suddenly developed body hang-ups...

Exactly the same situation as myself (and, as they say, bricking it!), so would love to know how it went in Cork this morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 TheOtherDave

How did this go, anyone on here get to it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭flo8s967qjh0nd

Couldn't have gone better.
    I'm thrilled I did it. If your 50:50 on doing the Dublin one, DO IT. You won't regret it.

Getting naked was astonishingly easy after all the waiting around. After 10 seconds it just seemed a very normal thing to be doing and you hardly even notice the nakedness!

Some fantastic photographs were produced. Can't wait to see them.

If you get the chance, do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭shoegirl

I did it. Only hitch was that it was pretty cold and walking around barefoot can be uncomfrotable. Some of the photos will be pretty beautiful I think.

I met lots of people I know and we just chatted casually as we stripped off. I am far from perfect physically but I don't get hung up on it. Once everybody had stripped off you could hardly recognise anybody anyway it was like a sea of flesh. People were quite jovial and in good humour. The interesting thing is how democratising nudity actually is. I don't mind running into folks I know as they were in the same boat. Not particularly worried about appearing on any photo either - we all have the same bits so why be ashamed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 EllieN

Couldn't have gone better.
    I'm thrilled I did it. If your 50:50 on doing the Dublin one, DO IT. You won't regret it.

Getting naked was astonishingly easy after all the waiting around. After 10 seconds it just seemed a very normal thing to be doing and you hardly even notice the nakedness!

Some fantastic photographs were produced. Can't wait to see them.

If you get the chance, do it.

Sounds great Naya Small Detergent and reassuring :) but how long were your waiting around for :(

I'm doing the Dublin one and getting naked doesn't bother me-it's the b£%%dy cold :(

E

Well done MrTea and shoegirl !!

I hope it won't be as cold and there's no rain at the Dublin shoot :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭carveone

Thank you MrTea and shoegirl, I think I needed the reassuring.

According to teletext, there were 1100 people there which I thought was astonishing for, well, Ireland :)

Oooh Oooh there's a picture on ireland.com. I don't think I'd be too bold if I gave you a link. It's quite artistic really isn't it. And the redheads show out quite a bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Fair play to everyone who did it! Saw the picture on the front of the Echo today. There were loads there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

1,100 is a great turn out considering it was a Tuesday, I'm sure they are expecting a large turn out now on Friday/Sat in Dublin, I guess the weather could play a significant role it it also!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

My sister, who i mentioned earlier, went down to be a volunteer (not to get naked - she is volunteering fro alot of mid summer fest things this year) Btu she decided when down there to get naked..
    Apparently when they arrived there were about 6 or 7 young guys who were "Protesting" they were holding up signs with "down with that sort of thing" and "darcy's Arse" on them. Funny.

She undressed with Ray Darcy!

Wow !! What did she think of it?
    I thought Ray was doing the Dublin shoot?

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭blackiebest

Great to hear all the feedback, wifey me and another female :) friend are doing it together so should be fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Corcaigh abu

Alot of hanging around at begining. Nearly 2 hours so really make sure and dress warm. Bring a flask too, saw a lot of people with this and was envious! We were naked for almost an hour so its definitely not a quick strip. he did a number of different frames. The one I think that was in echo, then the roses and one with all the girls on their own, and and then did one with a small group of lads down at/in river. Great fun. You feel really great after. Hard to explain. I met/saw way too many people I know but sure we were all ther together. Enjoy!

Yeah, I met Naked Ray too. Fair Play to him, for doing it. Nobody cares if they see me naked, but for him it mus have been a bigger deal. Took the good natured banter in his stride though.

I arrived around 2.45 and the nakedness didnt happen until 5.15. So, lots of waiting but I think this added to the nervous tension, which made it so much easier to finally get on and do it!

The pictures in the newspapers are just the Press photos, taken from a special press area a distance from the shoot. Spencer Tunick was on a cherrypicker nearer the crowd so the 'real' images should be even more amazing.

There's a good feature article in the Irish Examiner this morning written by somebody who actually did it. I think it summed up the occasion very well and would be of interest to anybody doing the dublin one.

So glad Cork did this first, before Dublin. I think the Cork one might have been slightly ignored if Dublin had gone first.
    Everyone was really thrilled with the turnout. Way more than the 800 mentioned as a target figure a few months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 MoonMoose

From those who were at Cork, is it possible to just turn up? If I'm to travel up to Dublin, I'd need to start planning this now. Don't want to go all the way up and then find I can't take part. I'd signed on for Cork but didn't receive any more details beyond the confirmation of registration. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭PatB71

"We will have extra releases at the meeting location in case you misplace yours or are unable to print it out, but it is better to come prepared. If you are coming with friends and they do not have a release form there will be more at the meeting location".

This is taken from the confirmation email I received about the event so looks like you can start planning for Saturday MoonMoose.

That sounds strange. Perhaps the second email went to your spam box??

At the Cork one, although online registration was finished a few days before, people who had registered were encouraged to bring their friends and family. Anyone who has registered will have recieved a release form which they need to fill in and sign. People who didn't have the form signed in Cork could get one at the Castle and fill it out.

I don't know if this is the same deal for Dublin or not. Maybe someone who is registed for Dublin could let you know. Are they encouraging registed people to bring friends? (EDIT:see above post)
    Also, you'd need to find out the location, timing for Dublin. Participants are encouraged to keep this as secret as possible, but i'm sure for participants it won't matter.

They are according to the form I have for the Dublin shoot. So as long as the have the form with them and filled out!

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭askU

What was the average age group? Was it generally older people that did it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 MoonMoose

Thanks for the info, PatB71.
    That sounds strange. Perhaps the second email went to your spam box??

Nope, nothing went into my spam box - I kept checking that too, just in case! :confused: Maybe I'm just not meant to do this?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭shoegirl

Just looking back its refreshing to see that the cynical comments insinuating that it would never happen, "Cork is too small" and so on got blown out. As for the twit that suggested people would go to gawk - you couldn't go in unless you were either press, part of the installation or a volunteer for the festival so there was none of that. People are more grown up than you might imagine.

The media coverage was pretty tasteful I thought. The Echo's coverage was particularly fun. And I liked the piece on RTE, can't wait to see the photos themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Sifpilsen

askU wrote: »
    What was the average age group? Was it generally older people that did it?

It was very even group concerning age. A lot of people younger than 30 though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 networknow

I did not hear about the Dublin Docklands 21 June shoot until yesterday and have found that registration is closed. Does anyone know if it will be possible to participate on the day without registration. If the answer is yes how to go about doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

What's the story regarding the photographs? Will they be online? Exhibited?

• Advertisement

Advertisement