Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Brake pedal locks!!!

Options
  • 20-05-2008 11:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi, just thought i'd ask for advice before i do anything about this problem incase it's normal!!!

I have an 06 Yaris Luna and i have noticed that when the car stalls (yea i still stall :eek:, not often) and i want to quickly restart the car it seems the brake pedal locks!! The only way I can then restart the car is to put the handbrake on and into neutral. Is this normal?

It doesn't always happen but the other day i was reversing out of someones way and nearly got my front wing torn off because i stalled but couldn't restart car quickly!!!

Sorry if this is silly questions, just i don't know anything about cars.

Thanks for reading

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭whippet

the break pedal isn't locking, when the engine cuts out you loose the power assisted braking.

You can still brake but you will have to squeeze hard on the pedal to get the same level of breaking as if the engine was switched on.

When you stall, the best thing to do is foot on the brake apply handbrake to be sure , clutch down, turn ignition and select first. take off as normal then.

When you do cut out try not to panic, if you are a learner and have the L signs up people around you will be patient. All you are doing is starting up the car again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Yup, 100% normal, engine off and you dont have power assist on your brakes.

Advertisement