Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kitchen worktops

Options
  • 20-05-2008 11:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hey mates,
    I am working on a masterplan for a fresh kitchen. I am planing on making shelves and cupboards myself, and I am now in the stage while I'm picking all the materials and handling my internal conflict;) (what kind of worktop, what sort of materials will make the best grip for cupboard under the countertop, would I use same cupboard wood for shelves[?]...etc)

1. after I checked a few worktops - right now my head calculation is to buy a countertop that had HIGH hardness and kept grand for long time.
    I am pretty sure I wanna get a quartz slab as a worktop, I have found a firm identified as "Caesar Stone" (Which from what I've saw is made in Israel - which sounds well too me, and also this company products looks fine for me). observable it seems like a fair design slab (it's not cheap though).

So Quartz should be the material for me? there are cheaper ones, but I want a durable material for my worktop.

Supposing I'm going for this quartz slab, I will probably have to use a wooden plates for cupboards right? (Wood by itself will be strong enough for gripping all the quartz countertop + daily cutlery and kitchenware?) or there are additional materials I should get to support the whole build?

thank y:rolleyes:u!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭hardly work'n

Just checking are looking for a composite stone? The one thing you want to check out is how are you going to get it in Ireland & do you have to make the template. The closest place to buy is in England? There are a lot of different types of composite stone. I would check out your templating & installations. There are loads of options out there for countertops now & most are availble in Ireland that will come & template for you & deliver! (composite quartz, concrete)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Freeranger33

Quartz
    Getacore
    Corrian
    Granite
    Top shape plus

There are loads out there

I would sugessted to go to you local Stone merchant Show rooms and see for your self
    and Corrain Getacore are lovely but not durable
    Granite & Quartz are the Best but beware of cheap china imports

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Wolff

if you are looking for ceasarstone I know a company that deals in it

Dont mind the other poster about chinese granite or quartz - they are just as good as granite or quartz bought anywhere else -

pm me if you need any more details

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kilclough1980

Hi Wolff,
    We are doing a new house build at the moment, and I've been given the job of organising the whole kitchen!I'm thinking solid walnut with cream coloured granite/ quartz etc.?What is the cheapest option, with a granite ( real stone) look and feel. Where is best to buy it?Also where is best to buy a reasonable solid walnut unit?
    Thanking you
    any ideas would be really appreciated
    Mary

Advertisement