Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New house garden trouble

Options
  • 20-05-2008 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭

Hi All,
    I recently moved into my new house and tried to tackle the garden last weekend alone. It nearly broke me completely, the place is littered with boulders (not stones but slabs of concrete). I managed to get the majority of these out and i was wondering what should be the next steps with it. I cannot see myself doing this with a shovel, etc... so i was wondering if there is a machine that would make my life easier. I have a standard three bed semi back garden but the side entrance is only wide enough for a wheelbarrow so no chance of a digger getting in there.

also any ideas how much it would cost to get someone to sort this garden for me, basically i just want it cleared and leveled. I can sort the grass, etc myself.

i dont understand how the developers can get away with this in the first place but i wont get into it.

Rgds
    Tony

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,484 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

ring the builder and request they collect the rubble, at least to spare you the cost of disposal; point out that they have illegally dumped C&D waste. i've already been on to the department of the environment about this for a different situation (after the local authority claimed it was the responsibility of the house owner since the sale had been completed) but the department told me this was very much not the case. they advised ringing the builder, and if i had no luck with them, to ring the department again with a view to them coming the heavy on the builder.

Advertisement