Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This is not on

Options
  • 20-05-2008 12:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭

I started what I thought might be a decent debate on the Eurovision which was dragged down to the gutter. I've since been banned from After Hours with no message or reason given.

I've had rough justice from some sites before but nothing like this. How does the appeal system work here?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Phaetonman

Just got a pm them. It was for a different topic, just a bit of tongue in cheek banter. Ignore this I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

This is the first step. I would say it would be best to link the threa din action and name the mod who banned you. But since your banned you wont be able to get back in to link the thread. But fear not, a cmod will probably pick up on this in no time at all..

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

PM the mod who banned you asking why (politely).

They wont keep you banned long if you explain yourself, are genuine and don't come accross as a muppet.

This is interesting. PMed some guy originally before I got hte explanation.

He has replied and said it was hash and some of the mods here lack a sense of humour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

You were banned for stating that romas were a species of mule or something. Look it up i couldn't be arsed posting it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Phaetonman wrote: »
    This is interesting. PMed some guy originally before I got hte explanation.

He has replied and said it was hash and some of the mods here lack a sense of humour.

You're really helping yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

A genuinely funny post on boards. I love it.

People are bring out the race card here but we're not talking about a different race but a different species.

If a human tried to breed with a gypsy the resulting the result would be a sterile creature not unlike a mule.

Its the topic at hand, the mod needs to keep it from spiralling into something nasty, your new here but AH has a history of it apparently.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Phaetonman, you got owned in your own thread, instead of seeing it as the joke it was you insisted on whining like a little bitch, as a result everyone laughed at you.

Grow up.

Owned? I own myself thank you very much.

• Advertisement

Thanks RE*AC*TOR

Wow OP looking at what you originally posted is it all that surprising that you were banned? That's a totally unacceptable comment to make.... about ANY class of people. Your ban would appear to be fully justified.

Google "getting owned" moron.

FearkDark I just did it again to you.

I know what owned is I've been using the netz since the 90s.
    I like to fight against humourless sarcasm and geek speak through absurdity and ignorance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I started what I thought might be a decent debate on the Eurovision which was dragged down to the gutter. I've since been banned from After Hours with no message or reason given.

I've had rough justice from some sites before but nothing like this. How does the appeal system work here?

funny-pictures-kitten-bedtime.jpg

I know what owned is I've been using the netz since the 90s.
    I like to fight against humourless sarcasm and geek speak through absurdity and ignorance.

And you would seem to have those qualities in abundence.

Far from it. It takes a lot of intelligence to play the fool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Radical sh!t man.

*sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Owned? I own myself thank you very much.

This is the exact sort of crap retort that made you look like a twit before.

If I can offer some serious advice, lighten up, internet forums are here mainly for fun, and AH often has a bit of banter.

If you take yourself too seriously people will rip the piss out of you, and if you cant take a well meaning dig in jest dont post in AH, or anywhere, or go outside as these things tend to happen as people have a sense of humour.

Take a joke, we all have to sometimes, I would advise seeing this as a learning experience, you're in the early hundreds with your post count so I'd advise just taking things a bit easier next time.

And the roma comment, yeah, got you a ban, next time be a bit more subtle or funny if you want to express that sort of thing.

I hope you see this as advice rather than a dig.

This is getting entertaining. Lets keep it going :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Do I join in now or wait for a while?

Motosam wrote: »
    This is the exact sort of crap retort that made you look like a twit before.

If I can offer some serious advice, lighten up, internet forums are here mainly for fun, and AH often has a bit of banter.

If you take yourself too seriously people will rip the piss out of you, and if you cant take a well meaning dig in jest dont post in AH, or anywhere, or go outside as these things tend to happen as people have a sense of humour.

Take a joke, we all have to sometimes, I would advise seeing this as a learning experience, you're in the early hundreds with your post count so I'd advise just taking things a bit easier next time.

And the roma comment, yeah, got you a ban, next time be a bit more subtle or funny if you want to express that sort of thing.

I hope you see this as advice rather than a dig.
    I love a joke Sammy, but I just don't like unfunny pointless ones. Tell me a good one and I will be your best friend. Tell me a bad one and I will slice your guts open. (not literally boards fun police)

Oh noooo'ssss Phaetonman has just blocked my posts.

Oh noooo'ssss Phaetonman has just blocked my posts.
    No I haven't, I just made up a pm. SNAP!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Wait

Popcorn!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

6th wrote: »
    Do I join in now or wait for a while?
    I'd give it a few more posts. It's getting interestingly surreal now...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I love a joke Sammy, but I just don't like unfunny pointless ones. Tell me a good one and I will be your best friend. Tell me a bad one and I will slice your guts open. (not literally boards fun police)

Well the 'aul typo emphasis joke is a classic, and never meant to be uproariously funny, just a nod to the meme I suppose of pointing these things out.

"Yore ma" for example has been doing the rounds forever now, and often fails, but a good yore ma joke can still hit the spot.

If a joke is crap make a joke of it, but there's having a laugh and taking things too seriously, and the cheesy classics still have a place.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

humanji wrote: »
    I'd give it a few more posts. It's getting interestingly surreal now...

Ok I'll run out and grab some lunch.

• Advertisement

The OP private messaged me twice to tell me what he thought of me...! brilliant :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement