Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rock Band out today

• 20-05-2008 12:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 933 ✭✭✭

Just wondering is anyone was picking it up, I don't suppose many would be because of the obvious pricing issue.

It is a shame as it was one game I was really looking forward to, especially to have a few friends over for a bbq and some rockin'

just noticed according to play.com its today but amazon its the 23rd.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭WopTittyPop

The instruments were out today (at a great big ****in 170 euro!!) but the game isnt out till friday! Another way of milking us for our money considering it was under $200 in america for the whole thing.... bastards:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

After the little bit of leaks of info and pictures of the drumset from the upcoming Guitar Hero 4. I think I shall wait for that to come out later this year :)

Rockband is fun, however I found the guitars not as nice to play as GH ones, and the drumkit pictures from GH4 look a lot nicer with their symbols to smack :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,223 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I didn't even know it was out so soon. Too expensive for me, so I won't be getting it anyway...

I didn't even know it was out so soon. Too expensive for me, so I won't be getting it anyway...
    Soon?

How many months after the US? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

A couple of questions for you:

Can you buy the instruments seperate, and if so how much for the guitar?

Does the Guitar Hero guitar work with it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

i wont be buying it. not yet anyway too expensive. and when i do i won't be buying it from irish retailers. i bought guitar hero fo 50 euro off ebay the other day was pretty happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

If there's a few of you in a gaff you could chip in together and buy a copy of the game here and get all the instruments online. You'll save a packet that way.

A couple of questions for you:

Can you buy the instruments seperate, and if so how much for the guitar?

Does the Guitar Hero guitar work with it?

The instruments come in one box which has the guitar, microphone and drumkit. You cannot buy them seperatly.

As for compatibiltiy [on the xbox360] the RockBand guitar will not work with other titles, however the Guitar Hero guitar will work with all titles including Rock Band.

Decent compatibility guide here:
    http://www.joystiq.com/2008/03/24/tabulator-guitar-hero-rock-band-guitar-compatibility/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,530 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Drum Kit is being released separately on Friday. £69.99 which I assume will be €100 here.

http://www.game.co.uk/search.aspx?platform=*&s=rock+band

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I'll probably get the game, purely because I have the GH3 controller and from what I hear, RB has a much better selection of tracks. Won't be playing the non-guitar parts of the game at those prices though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Winters wrote: »
    The instruments come in one box which has the guitar, microphone and drumkit. You cannot buy them seperatly.

As for compatibiltiy [on the xbox360] the RockBand guitar will not work with other titles, however the Guitar Hero guitar will work with all titles including Rock Band.

Decent compatibility guide here:
    http://www.joystiq.com/2008/03/24/tabulator-guitar-hero-rock-band-guitar-compatibility/

the guitar will be released and the drums too separately at about 100 euro id say for the drums. id guess at about 70 for the guitar. you can use any USB mic as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

It's a right rip-off when you consider the US price, over twice as expensive. No justification for that, even when taking exchange rate, tax and transport into it. Crazy, I'd rather put the money towards an MGS4 bundle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

From what I've heard, the publisher and developer will appear as contestants on that new 'The Price Is Wrong' game show.

/[Roll eyes (sarcastic)]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Got my drums new on ebay for €60. Getting the game on Saturday.

I didnt know they were selling them seperatly .. my bad :(

After reading this I think i will definitly hold off for Guitar Hero 4 though: http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=141762

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

what what, GH4 will have drums? if the price is right then im there!!

As much as i want Rock Band i will not be buying it at its current price. Rip off.

Apparently Konami are bringing out "Rock Revolution", complete with drums, guitars etc. There will be no space for all this crap soon.

I'll grab Rock Band with the strat on Friday I think, since I only have the GH's on PS2. I smell easy achievement points.

I smell easy achievement points.

Not with just the guitar, well, the one available will be easy but you'll only be able to get half or less.

GH4 does look promising, but compared to GH2 they botched GH3 so I'll be sticking with HMX until Neversoft prove themselves competent.

This is all being discussed in the Guitar Hero Form btw.
    Apparently Konami are bringing out "Rock Revolution", complete with drums, guitars etc. There will be no space for all this crap soon.

A video for that can be seen in the GH forum I linked to and it looks like absolute tripe.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,698 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Wish I was able to pick this up on Friday, but theres no chance I can justify paying that much. I'd pick it and the drums up if I could, but alas no GH guitar to go along with it - only the PS2 one.

I think GH4 and this Rock Revo. business is dreadful though. Seems like a cheap copy. Companies will always copy a good idea, and a market will always have competition, but tis a shame Konami and Activision are just going to piggy back off the innovation of Harmonix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

prebooked it meself today

150 for the game and the drums, not to pushed about the guitar tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,901 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Helix wrote: »
    prebooked it meself today

150 for the game and the drums, not to pushed about the guitar tbh
    I already have two guitars from gh2 and gh3, shame it costs so much to buy the instruments seperately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

tis a shame Konami and Activision are just going to piggy back off the innovation of Harmonix.

Oh no you di'in't!

You had better have been being faecetious, you had!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,530 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I was playing Guitar Freaks when you whippersnappers were still in diapers, dognabbit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Was in Gamestop on Liffey St yesterday. They are selling the drums on their own for €80. The game is €70 and the instrument pack is €170

Any official word on a guitar price?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,698 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Fnz wrote: »
    Oh no you di'in't!

You had better have been being faecetious, you had!

They did get there first with the periphirals, but Rock Revolution sounds pretty identical to Rock Band. Would love to see them do something different with it - something crazy and Japanese, prefferably, like their older ones e.g. Guitar Freaks, which I have never got to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Even the game itself is overpriced. XtraVision normally have all new releases for 60. It's 70 for this. Think I'll leave it for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,901 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

chrislad wrote: »
    Even the game itself is overpriced. XtraVision normally have all new releases for 60. It's 70 for this. Think I'll leave it for a while.

It's actually €75 in my local

Pricing thread on the GH forum. €50 in Argos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭HeartOfTheCity

After playing this in HMV, I HAVE to buy this, contrary to what my bank account is telling me :(

Off to town I go.

Advertisement