Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rock Band out today

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Got it today and immediatly downloaded the Metallica song pack. Well worth the 440 points. Some great songs included on the game itself also. The drums are wicked.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Gerard_Smith

Out of curiosity are Play.com shipping the instrumental edition to Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I've downloaded The Police and Boston packs, Metallica's next! It's great fun, I'll try to pick up the drums cheap sometime. And I'd like to try the Strat, but the Les Paul from GH3 will do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Out of curiosity are Play.com shipping the instrumental edition to Ireland?

No, they wont. You would probably be done for customs anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

You don't get customs between EU countries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Play are based in Jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

chrislad wrote: »
    You don't get customs between EU countries.

Which Jeresy isnt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Does anyone know what the prices are on a separate guitar hero guitar or a preowned one in gamestop, either guitar from GH 2 or GH 3, doesnt matter to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Makaveli wrote: »
    Play are based in Jersey.

As far as I know, big items go to London then onwards to Ireland to avoid such charges. Could be wrong though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭badrobot

According MCV, HMV are doing a deal including the game, instruments and microphone for £130 in the UK, any ideas how much they're charging in Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,698 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

badrobot wrote: »
    According MCV, HMV are doing a deal including the game, instruments and microphone for £130 in the UK, any ideas how much they're charging in Ireland?

Was in there today and its 200 for the lot. Gave it a play and its loads of fun. So tempting, but I should probably save my money for more reasonable purchases!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Gerard_Smith

Generally when play.com won't ship something outside the UK it very clearly says so. There is no such warning on Rock Band or the instrumental edition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭badrobot

The notice isn't that clear but I went through the checkout and everything (the Band in a Box pack) and they won't post it to outside the UK. So annoying.

Guess I'll just get it in HMV, doesn't seem like that bad a deal. Relatively, I mean. It's still a huge amount of money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,223 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I saw a sign outside Zavvi in Liffey Valley that it's €190 for the lot. I went in and it looked like it was €75 for the game on it's own :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

This game is bloody brilliant.

Singing and Guitaring is some challenge though, you really have to know the lyrics yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,027 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Was away from Boards when this was released and have been sick the last couple of days.. was unaware it was even released. Am torn on whether to buy it or not.

Seems a bit pointless just buying the games without the drums etc.

And when GH4 comes out, I'd assume the drums in that won't be compatible and vice-versa. Too much hassle!

But girlfriend is up in Dublin next weekend so might get her to pick the game up in Argos, but have a €50 Zavvi voucher I may use either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Picked up the drums n game today(alread have GH3 controller)...

Its brill, drums take some getting used to... that n the fact im pants at drums. The guitar is much the same only the track list is far far better and the amount of songs u can buy in the store.... I'll be poor(er) come the weekend.

Slick game, GH4 would wanna be special and have a fantastic track list to beat this...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Well i sold my soul, caved and bought Rock Band. I got it while the offer is on in Zavvi so its cheaper.

Im not blown away by it. In fact im a little disappointed. It took me a while to get the calibration right and even now its not perfect. I play the drums in real life, have gigged, yet according to rock band my timing isnt always right, which is becoming frustrating.

I find GH3 more enjoyable however I havent had a party session of Rock Band yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,027 ✭✭✭✭Basq

faceman.. check your model number of your drums - see here!

I'm playing with an EL model and I'm finding it missing beats from time to time.

I'm still quite impressed with it.. but very much a newbie at the drums, so I'm working my way through easy. Things weren't going grand until 'Maps'.. there's a helluva step up from the 10 - 12 songs previous to it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

basquille wrote: »
    faceman.. check your model number of your drums - see here!

I'm playing with an EL model and I'm finding it missing beats from time to time.

I'm still quite impressed with it.. but very much a newbie at the drums, so I'm working my way through easy. Things weren't going grand until 'Maps'.. there's a helluva step up from the 10 - 12 songs previous to it.

Jaysus!! Guess what model number i am.... Thanks for the links dude, i will try mod the kit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement