Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Barton sentenced to six months....

• 20-05-2008 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭

Just popped up on ssnews, barton jailed for six months for assault and affray...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Death or Glory

Pity that

Would love him at Leeds, he'd be just the man to fill the void left by Lovely Lee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

Hopefully he cops on now. If he wasn't a footballer he'd have done time long before now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Be interesting to see what club he'll be at after he gets out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

And he still has more charges ahead of him:
    SkySports wrote:
    In another case in Manchester, he is due to stand trial accused of assaulting his former Manchester City team-mate Ousmane Dabo in a training ground incident in May last year that effectively ended his career with the club. He has pleaded not guilty.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭I-Bleed-White

Daemonic wrote: »
    Hopefully he cops on now. If he wasn't a footballer he'd have done time long before now.

Quality pun. That was punerific. Hilarious stuff though. Hope they lock the petty **** up for good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

they said on the news he punched one man to the floor and strangled him and then he punched another man in the face and knocked his teeth out.

Joey should enter the ufc tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Oh they are gonna LOVE him in prison.
    Pity he'll be out for August, I'm sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭kev_s88

Scumbag deserves it.

hope they destroy him in prison

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Crapjob Sean

MikeySligo wrote: »
    Oh they are gonna LOVE him in prison.
    Pity he'll be out for August, I'm sure.

Hasn't he already been inside though?
    After his arrest and that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

I actually used to like Barton, no time for him anymore though. For someone who insists on acting like a total chav, he must surely be destined to life in the lower leagues. Total waste of talent and the worst part about it is he doesn't ever seem to learn from his mistakes. Pah.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Karl Fletcher got on grand in prison, I reckon Joey will be o.k.!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

As a Toon fan, I am somewhat disappointed with the news, but it was to be expected tbh. I am not going to defend Joey, as what he did can't be defended.

However, since KK arrived at the club, he has kept his head down and played well, and hopefully this whole episode will have finally knocked some sense into him.

I would still have him at the club when he gets out, as I think there is potentially a great player in the lad, and KK is the type of manager who excels at man management, lets not forget how he turned Dunne around.

I would still have him at the club when he gets out, as I think there is potentially a great player in the lad, and KK is the type of manager who excels at man management, lets not forget how he turned Dunne around.

Dunne was just fond of a jar, he wasn't a violent offender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Dunne was just fond of a jar, he wasn't a violent offender.

I'm not painting him in the same light as Barton, but Dunne was highly unprofessional at one stage. Overweight, drunk, and constantly turning up for training late.

KK was the man to help him turn it all around, and Dunne has stated that on a number of occasions.

I'm not painting him in the same light as Barton, but Dunne was highly unprofessional at one stage. Overweight, drunk, and constantly turning up for training late.

KK was the man to help him turn it all around, and Dunne has stated that on a number of occasions.

Fair play to him so.
    Richie's a rock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I hope he ends up sharing a cell with a 6'6" psychotic body builder who likes to be called "Shirley".

The guy should be untouchable now, but alas someone will sign him and pay him a load of money so he can go out and do it all over again.

Nice family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

Nice family.

Exactly,he is a product of his environment.As for the bodybuilder,id still put my money on Barton:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Lol can't believe we made over £5 million on him. Great bit of business. Used to love him but jeez I'm glad he's gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

I think there is potentially a great player in the lad

+1
    No doubt about it, but I would bet anything that said potential will NEVER be realised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

Joey Barton blows the Nature V Nurture argument to smithereens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

He obviously has no appreciation for how lucky he is. To be earning huge sums of money for playing football is every lad's dream and to see a tit like him wasting the opportunity is annoying to say the least. He should be virtually untouchable at this stage but no doubt some club will take him on even if Newcastle opt to get rid. If I was a manager I'd be very reluctant to have him in my squad at this stage, talented though he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. I hope someone in there uses his face for an ashtray.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭DerKaiser

****ing skobie deserves it, what will Newcastle do with him when it's over I wonder? Will he play for them again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i think its offcial. Barton is a scumbag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

i think its offcial. Barton is a scumbag.

I fully agree with WWM on this , I have just read somewhere that he still has another court case pending in Manchester for assault of a team mate Dabo.

Also wasn't this the guy that also assaulted his team mate , tandy with a cigar and tried to put it out in his eye socket ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

DerKaiser wrote: »
    ****ing skobie deserves it, what will Newcastle do with him when it's over I wonder? Will he play for them again?

Hard to know. On the club website there's just a brief statement saying the club is considering the verdict but has no further comment to make at this time. I expect they need to discuss it among the club management to decide what they'll do with him. He has another court case pending for a separate assault charge, if he's found guilty there he could be slapped with another jail term.

Good riddance, he deserves to be there and he better serve his full sentence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

A big fall from grace for a player once reckoned by some to be the future of England's midfield. He was linked with Liverpool a few summers ago too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

He definitely had it coming (Barton's other disciplinary problems include getting fined for dropping his shorts and exposing his backside to rival fans during a game, fighting with a teenage fan of a rival team in a bar, and putting out a lit cigar into the eye of a young teammate at a Christmas party.)

Well one good thing will come out of it for him, he'll always get picked first for the prison soccer team:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

The guy is the epitome of scum. There was this incident, the one he still has coming up regarding his assault on a team mate, the incident where he went up to opposition fans after a match and turning to walk away adjusted his shorts and ever so casually :rolleyes: revealed his arse to them (I think he may have done this more than once). Then there's the nice matter of him putting a cigar in the eye of another team mate.
    As football365.com said: his family must be so proud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

As football365.com said: his family must be so proud.

Im sure his (younger) brother is, sure Joey has followed in his foot steps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

I bet he will be out in 6 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

ciaran76 wrote: »
    I bet he will be out in 6 weeks.

I agree. All that buttseckz is bound to turn him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Just popped up on ssnews, barton jailed for six months for assault and affray...

I can't believe the little toe-rag only got 6 months. I mean the guy sat on top of his victim and punched him in the face at least 20 bloody times!!!! If you or I did somethin like that, we'd be looking at 16 years!!!!! I don't give a s**t if the guy has personal "demons" or whatever, he's a scumbag. He'll probably end up in the Championship somewhere when he gets out - assuming nobody pops him off in there..?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Out before next season if hes "good" i bet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,430 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I can't believe the little toe-rag only got 6 months. I mean the guy sat on top of his victim and punched him in the face at least 20 bloody times!!!! If you or I did somethin like that, we'd be looking at 16 years!!!!! I don't give a s**t if the guy has personal "demons" or whatever, he's a scumbag. He'll probably end up in the Championship somewhere when he gets out - assuming nobody pops him off in there..?

if you or me did that we'd probably get probation or a couple of months, to be fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

:confused:

Advertisement