Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Hen Night

Options
  • 20-05-2008 12:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi there

I am trying to organise a hen night in Limerick on the bank holiday weekend.

Can any suggest some god bars and restaraunts for us? There will be around 24 of us. Was thinking Luigi Malones for dinner but not sure. Any suggestions for a good night club with lots of good music to dance to? Aswell as that the hen is mad about karaoke and am trying to find somewhere in Limerick that might have karaoke. Please please help me out

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

For such a large group, Luigi's is prob best,

trouble is with bars n clubs is the size of the group.

Probably go in, in small groups.

Nancy Blakes is a great bar!

Then you have 2 nightclubs across the road, Icon and opening this weekend, Angel Lane.

Depends on the age group then also, Trinity Rooms if young.
    But I would stick to Icon.
    Queue might be big for Angel Lane seeing as its only going to open from this weekend.

So maybe, From Luigi's go to Charlies first, Old Quarter then Nancy's as all only walking distance from each other

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

as for niteclub, ring ahead to trinity rooms, numbers on their website, and see if u can book into the VIP area. lots of hens end up in there.

zuroph wrote: »
    as for niteclub, ring ahead to trinity rooms, numbers on their website, and see if u can book into the VIP area. lots of hens end up in there.
    true!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 GabbyMac

ok cool thanks for that. Would Trinity Rooms be better than Sin Bin

dunno, depends on the age group, but with the VIP in trinity, u get quieter bar, places to sit a large group, and access to all the regular club. The VIP bar is a cocktail and champagne bar, and theres magicians working tables in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭johnmolloy554

mk-posie wrote: »
    So maybe, From Luigi's go to Charlies first, Old Quarter then Nancy's as all only walking distance from each other

Are you out of your mind? Charlie Chaplins is fine if you are 17 and the Old Quarter's crowd can be a little mixed. For a hen party with age ranges from early 20s to mid 30s (I'm guessing) your bets for bars are Nancy Blakes and Flannerys (just next door to Nancys). Nightclub wise, the Trinity Rooms and Icon are both a little young for you but the Sin Bin is mid 20s upwards. Both Nancys and Flannerys are late bars so at least you'll have the option of staying in either.

Are you out of your mind? Charlie Chaplins is fine if you are 17 and the Old Quarter's crowd can be a little mixed.

oops sorry showing my old age again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

i would def not recommend luigi malones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 DannyAngellane

Hi guys,

For anyone that is interested in a private or group booking you can contact me here until my new email is up and running. We will be open for the bank holiday weekend.

hey danny. got a VIP bar?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Hi guys,

For anyone that is interested in a private or group booking you can contact me here until my new email is up and running. We will be open for the bank holiday weekend.

You might want to run that by the mods first. They don't take too kind to pimping businesses here.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

aah hes new :D

Danny, ya should read the charter before touting... best of luck with the shiny club :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lulu11

hi i was just wondering what date is angel lane opening im looking forward to going somewhere good to celebrate my 20th birthday and cannot go to trinity rooms or icon as bouncers have taken a dislike to my bf wont let him in so need somewhere we can all go and have a good time would love to have a great bday.
    and if anyone knows what kind of music is on there and are there any other clubs apart from trinity, icon and sin bin.

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Georgie Boy

well its 21's so i hope you have a good fake i.d
    and if your boyfriends a nakker then i'm afraid he wont get into angel lane

as a great philosopher once said

''You can dress a pig up in a suit but it will still grunt''

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

And that ends the Georgie Boy social experiment.
    3 reported posts today, all about you. Personal insults, trolling, and even some bad spelling.
    Nobody thinks you're funny. Come back in 1 week after your ban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 DannyAngellane

zuroph wrote: »
    hey danny. got a VIP bar?

No, we dont have a VIP bar. We do have a second club that would be suited to that type of thing but we decided against it. We feel that a VIP bar is excluding people rather than including them, you pay at the door you can go anywhere in the club as it should be. The second smaller club will be alot more chilled out aimed twards people who may want to relax and have a drink while still being able to hear eachother. By the way sorry about touting business earlier ye were right i should have read the T&C's first....oops!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lulu11

na my boyfriends not a knacker we are both english i think that is the problem so what kind of music is gonna be on in there

if i was a knacker and wanted a good night on the town where would i go?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Chicken Hut...

seems like everybody has a half decent place to go except for the "knackers"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

They used to have Nestors, in fairness. It shouldn't be too long before they find somewhere new :)

No, we dont have a VIP bar. We do have a second club that would be suited to that type of thing but we decided against it. We feel that a VIP bar is excluding people rather than including them, you pay at the door you can go anywhere in the club as it should be. The second smaller club will be alot more chilled out aimed twards people who may want to relax and have a drink while still being able to hear eachother. By the way sorry about touting business earlier ye were right i should have read the T&C's first....oops!

cool cool,reason i asked was i prefer to have somewhere to sit with my mates and chat! hate being packed like sardines into places.

Advertisement