Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Prestige

Options
  • 20-05-2008 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭

Good God I love this film. would look to read the book.
    I'm very interested in other magician's takes on the film.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Popinjay

Fantastic movie. I watched it with a guy I do a lot of building for though and every five minutes I heard "I want one of those!" and "Whena re you starting to build that for me?" and so on and so forth. I've bought it on DVD since and it's far more enjoyable in silence.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

I really wish I came up with the new transported man (the one with just the doors and the hat catch) it so damn classy.

I thought the film really captured the spirit of magic.

King Mob wrote: »
    I really wish I came up with the new transported man (the one with just the doors and the hat catch) it so damn classy.

I thought the film really captured the spirit of magic.

Aye. I'm working on something transported man related. It's only in the early design stage at the moment. I can't talk about it until we decide if we're going to do it or not. I'll push for an answer asap and if it's not going ahead I'll let you all know what it was. If anyone has around €20,000 I'll help them build it :)

Popinjay wrote: »
    Aye. I'm working on something transported man related. It's only in the early design stage at the moment. I can't talk about it until we decide if we're going to do it or not. I'll push for an answer asap and if it's not going ahead I'll let you all know what it was. If anyone has around €20,000 I'll help them build it :)

Lemme guess secret plans from Nikola Tesla?

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

Yeah love the prestige, have both the book and the dvd.

Other films that i love because they capture the sense of real magic are the Illusionist with Edward Norton, and to a lesser extent Death Defying Acts with Guy Pierce. Both very good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭???

I loved the film. However I do like to be told in advance when I'm watching a sci-fi!!!

I'd love to do a trick where you present it as they describe in the movie. It'd be cool.

King Mob wrote: »
    Lemme guess secret plans from Nikola Tesla?

Found them in an antique cornflakes box :pac:
    bigslick wrote: »
    Death Defying Acts with Guy Pierce

Ain't seen this. Worth picking up?

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

Popinjay wrote: »

Ain't seen this. Worth picking up?

Well i really liked Guy's potrayal of Houdini, but some of it was inaccurate but it does really capture the Houdini that isnt that known to most (including myself before this film). Dunno if its released out here yet though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

good flic all right, will have to pick up the illusionist too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭April Raine

I watched that dvd last night and to be honest could bot make head or tail out of it. Very good but I found the flashbacks confusing and well as the double and at the end I not know who killed who or why
    Looked it up on wikipedia and found it just as confusing.

Also I did not really like the sci fi side to it as I thought it was out of place. That trick would be best suited to Star trek. Must read book

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

after my 3rd time seeing this movie i think i've finally sussed it! loved it all 3 times but really feel like i've *got* it now, 'm a big fan of escapism and truly respect any performer who can puzzle me! I haven't read the book yet but am quite loathe to as there aren't many movies that can truly capture the (original) writer's vision, however, this movie is now a firm favourite x m

ps I have to say the illusionist didn't float my boat, aside from any other reason, that "bit" at the end where there's 4 squillion shots of the guy "getting it" on the train platform at the end . . . sickening :mad:

mud wrote: »
    after my 3rd time seeing this movie i think i've finally sussed it! loved it all 3 times but really feel like i've *got* it now, 'm a big fan of escapism and truly respect any performer who can puzzle me!
    Glad someone else felt theyb hadn't got it thought it was me.Will watch again.
    I haven't read the book yet but am quite loathe to as there aren't many movies that can truly capture the (original) writer's vision, however, this movie is now a firm favourite x m
    The say the book is not as good
    ps I have to say the illusionist didn't float my boat, aside from any other reason, that "bit" at the end where there's 4 squillion shots of the guy "getting it" on the train platform at the end . . . sickening :mad:
    Am buying tomorrow. Guy getting what? Killed?

after my 3rd time seeing this movie i think i've finally sussed it! loved it all 3 times but really feel like i've *got* it now, 'm a big fan of escapism and truly respect any performer who can puzzle me!
    Glad someone else felt theyb hadn't got it thought it was me.Will watch again.
    I haven't read the book yet but am quite loathe to as there aren't many movies that can truly capture the (original) writer's vision, however, this movie is now a firm favourite x m
    The say the book is not as good
    Am buying tomorrow. Guy getting what? Killed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

:) not getting killed no

don't wanna spoil anything though

:) not getting killed no

don't wanna spoil anything though
    Saw it, brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

Just finished the prestige by chris priest

Book is just as good as the movie. a great read

That reminds me, this weekend I convinced someone that the Prestige was based on a true story.
    The Tesla machine was in a magic museum in London and everything.

Advertisement