Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

A New Current model Accord 2.2 Diesel Exec now €38k

Options
  • 20-05-2008 12:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

just checked the honda site, a new accord diesel exec costs €38k!

droped a few grand in price, about 5 grand i rekon,., they were €43k not so long ago!!

i know theres a new model coming, but... its a good deal...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

if you got one @ that price, and got it registered post july on the cheap road tax, now that would be a bargain and good for residuals too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭what_car

if you got one @ that price, and got it registered post july on the cheap road tax, now that would be a bargain and good for residuals too.

im considering getting one...i know that theres a new model coming, but thats a lot of car for the money!

whats the road tax cost on the new rates?

i wonder what it would cost to trade in my 07 accord type s auto 2.0 petrol
    for one?
    any ideas?

currently i put €60 petrol in my petrol accord and get 600km ..every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

With a co2 of 145 wouldn't it make more sense to buy post July, and not now, as the website doesn't say that the 38K is the post july vrt price. or does it?

Mc-BigE wrote: »
    With a co2 of 145 wouldn't it make more sense to buy post July, and not now, as the website doesn't say that the 38K is the post july vrt price. or does it?

no mention of whether or not its a july price. or not on the site.

i rekon that they reduced the prices now to move on stock, and stimulate sales in a very sluggish market at present. the new accord is released in uk 29 may.

so it could be a bit of both. the new accord has a new diesel engine too which is cleaner!.

the honda uk site says that the 2.2 IDTEC has 148g CO2!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

what_car wrote: »
    no mention of whether or not its a july price. or not on the site.

i rekon that they reduced the prices now to move on stock, and stimulate sales in a very sluggish market at present. the new accord is released in uk 29 may.

so it could be a bit of both. the new accord has a new diesel engine too which is cleaner!.

good point, it might be worth a phone call to find out.

good car for sensible money.

BTW you should get 1000km for a full tank of diesel (about 86euro (65Ltank):eek:)

added: as were on the subject, any pictures of the new Accord (website link)

• Advertisement

Mc-BigE wrote: »
    good point, it might be worth a phone call to find out.

good car for sensible money.

BTW you should get 1000km for a full tank of diesel (about 86euro (65Ltank):eek:)

added: as were on the subject, any pictures of the new Accord (website link)
    yeah on honda.co.uk site! and prices too

• Registered Users Posts: 20,105 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

im considering getting one...i know that theres a new model coming, but thats a lot of car for the money!

whats the road tax cost on the new rates?

i wonder what it would cost to trade in my 07 accord type s auto 2.0 petrol
    for one?
    any ideas?

currently i put €60 petrol in my petrol accord and get 600km ..every week.

work out what you'll save by going to diesel, not as much as u think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

If you buy it now, just tax it for 3 months, you'll then get the new rate. Might get a better trade in now. Just make sure the price of the car won't drop post July. They might be offering the cheaper price now.

sorry i dont understand, have the tax rules changed again

Biro wrote: »
    If you buy it now, just tax it for 3 months, you'll then get the new rate. Might get a better trade in now. Just make sure the price of the car won't drop post July. They might be offering the cheaper price now.

Can you do that? Would the car not be "forever" taxed on the CC rate now if you bought it and reg'd it now?
    If you can - thats a great idea.

• Advertisement

dont think you can

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Any 2008 registered car can be taxed at the new Co2 rate (if you want) on it's 1st taxation after 1st July 2008.

Since this was confirmed (in March I think) we've been taxing all cars which will benefit for either 3 or 6 months to get it past July.

I think you can buy the Accord now for the July price. All the Diesel Sports models have sold out already so the exec's might go soon too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

Yeah I was given that offer on a new accord and was going to tax it at old CC rate for 3 months, then pay the rest of the year at the lower Co2 emissions rate.
    Decided to buy a 04 one instead from the UK, 38K was too much of a spend for me

billbond4 wrote: »
    Yeah I was given that offer on a new accord and was going to tax it at old CC rate for 3 months, then pay the rest of the year at the lower Co2 emissions rate.
    Decided to buy a 04 one instead from the UK, 38K was too much of a spend for me

Hi Billbond,
    landed and all, How much did your 04 one set you back if you dont mind me asking - quite interested in one?
    Thanks,
    NIF

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

Guys anyone thinking of trading in their 04/05 accord for this, I am on the lookout for one

I got an Executive one (without Sat Nav) Arctic blue pearl colour(my favourite colour) with cream leather seats for 21,000e there was only 27Kmiles on it.

nice..................

Just out of interest, does anyone know how much would a service cost on a Diesel Accord in a Honda Garage?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,425 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

about 5 grand i rekon

3 grand. It was €41.6k and it is now €38.6k. Good value. But be aware of value of the some of the competition after 01/07/2008! Even if those cars don't interest you, they will affect the resale value of your car...
    R.O.R wrote: »
    Any 2008 registered car can be taxed at the new Co2 rate (if you want) on it's 1st taxation after 1st July 2008.

Correct. You can "opt in" as in choose to use the new taxation system if you bought an '08 car (new or second hand) before 01/07/2008

ah yeah, sorry forgot about the 08 car rule :D

jeez people seem to love accords on boards :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

Cyrus wrote: »
    ah yeah, sorry forgot about the 08 car rule :D

jeez people seem to love accords on boards :D

I know... I wish everyone hated them so I would have the best of the pickings! Was talking to a guy today who said he has sold 5 of them in last 2 weeks, whether or not I believe him is another thing.....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

^^ That still boils my piss. Why can't I opt in with my '07 car you tight bastards :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 65,425 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Stephen wrote: »
    ^^ That still boils my piss. Why can't I opt in with my '07 car you tight bastards :mad:

Yep, very unfair. It will make an '07 Accord 2.2 diesel depreciate like a brick. It will forever have to be taxed at €791 where the '08 only has to be taxed at €290. The labour party originally proposed a much wider ranging "opt in", but the government didn't allow any "opt in" until the recent turn around

See the sticky for details...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

was in a buddies english imported 05 accord today.. had everything in it, absolutely stunning car. wanna flog my van and carry my tools in an accord now ffs!!!:rolleyes:

funny you dont actually see that many of them on the road, what makes them so good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

unkel wrote: »
    Yep, very unfair. It will make an '07 Accord 2.2 diesel depreciate like a brick. It will forever have to be taxed at €791 where the '08 only has to be taxed at €290. The labour party originally proposed a much wider ranging "opt in", but the government didn't allow any "opt in" until the recent turn around

See the sticky for details...
    Indeed that has to be the most glaring oversight of the new system.

Though considering that more than 70% of cars registered before this year were petrol, and if we started backdating it then that would leave the clear majority at a disadvantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Cyrus wrote: »
    funny you dont actually see that many of them on the road, what makes them so good?

I see plenty of them around and carzone has plenty of them. They don't sell the same volume as main stream models but surely a little bit of exclusivity is a good thing?

Also people buy cars for different reasons because they see different attributes in each. Some people see the Accord, for example, as being better for them than say a 3 Series or A4 and vice versa. Who is to say either is wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭groupb

The new accord was tested by Autocar a couple of weeks back and it did very well , easily beating the A4 diesel and only just loosing out to the mondeo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

The same Autocar I read was rather underwhelmed by the new Accord.

I always liked the old Accord, but I always thought it had ideas about its station in life(as does the new one) and a lot of people seem to have agreed with me on it with the amount of sales they had(or rather didn't have).

If they offered it with smaller engines and lowered the price I'm sure it would have sold by the bucket load, and it would have deserved to too if they did.

• Advertisement

bazz26 wrote: »
    I see plenty of them around and carzone has plenty of them. They don't sell the same volume as main stream models but surely a little bit of exclusivity is a good thing?

Also people buy cars for different reasons because they see different attributes in each. Some people see the Accord, for example, as being better for them than say a 3 Series or A4 and vice versa. Who is to say either is wrong?

maybe im wrong but your tone seems to indicate a certain defensiveness? im not having a go at them im genuinely interested, they do nothing for me personally, the look ok in that honda futuristic style but dont seem to have any genuinely quick models? is the interior an improvement on usual jap cars?

as for an accord versus a 3 series or an a4, that all depends, if its a 2.2 diesel versus a 316 or 1.8 a4 base spec (prob all cost near the same?) then its a much better car, but no accord can really compete with a specced 3 litre petrol or diesel 3 series or a4 but then they cost a whole lot more too

Advertisement