Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Looking for players, or a game? Post here...No phone numbers in this thread please

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Well lads, just wondering if anyone is looking for another player? I used to love having a kick around but since moving to Dublin hardly get to do it at all. I'm a decent keeper, or used to be :P

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭rovers2001

Hi Lads.
    Phoenix Rovers based in lanesborough park Finglas are always looking for players for saturday/sunday and the new recently added over 35 team.We play Aul and Afl for next season.Check out our impressive website www.phoenixroversfc.com for all the latest club news results and fixtures you will also find contact details.We will not be breaking for a summer break and will continue to meet once a week in the off season so looking forward to hearing from you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pablolynch

Hi, we have been playing 6 a side every tuesday and thursday in Clondalkin from 8 to 9 for a number of years now and are looking to increase our numbers by 1 or 2 players.

Friendly game but competitive. Decent standard of football. If interested, please email me pablolynch@yahoo.com.

Please only reply if interested in playing regularly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭conorlechance

hi on this site is there any ever get togethers for matches. would be good during summer months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Ultramegabones

Hey anyone interested in a weekly game of ball on the astro pitches in Rathcoole? I've a group 5-6 21 yr old local lads looking for a weekly friendly but competitive game. We just need another group of 5-6 people to make up the numbers. Any takers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 pc2009

Hi, looking for players to play a weekly game for Mens 6 Aside soccer in Cork. We plan to play every Monday in Supernova Ballincollig. Looking for around 4-6 players as we have a good few players already.

PM me if interested with email/mobile. It's a competitive but friendly kickabout!

Cheers

Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭colin32

hi all,

i'm looking to get back into football. i missed most of the current season through injury but getting itchy feet now.

i was at the time playing major sunday in the lsl. my position is goalkeeper

if anyone is looking for a keeper for the coming season then pm me and ket me know more about the team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭sparky360

Hows it going lads,

Looking to get back into playing football. Used to manage and play for my local team about 6 years ago. I'm under no illusion that I am as unfit as a broken fiddle and just really looking to get a team that will allow me to come training with them and then eventually when the fitness gets back perhaps get a game.

As I said, I used to be handy but the beer and the womanising has left me shattered!! :p

I'm based in Dublin so if you think you can help me out, give me a shout.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Padman

Hey guys.

I used to play football a few years back and want to get back into it.Looking for a south Dublin team to play with.Also I saw a post about an astro tournament in lepeordstown.I wanna have a go at it to try get back into it but cant find the thread.Anyone here know about it?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

rovers2001 wrote: »
    Hi Lads.
    Phoenix Rovers based in lanesborough park Finglas are always looking for players for saturday/sunday and the new recently added over 35 team.We play Aul and Afl for next season.Check out our impressive website www.phoenixroversfc.com for all the latest club news results and fixtures you will also find contact details.We will not be breaking for a summer break and will continue to meet once a week in the off season so looking forward to hearing from you.

Are you still looking for players? I live accross the road in Hampton Wood and looking to get playing again after a few years out with injury.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Sticking this up for a friend..

"Current Goal Keeper is going travelling next week - we need someone to replace him - entry fee is covered - all you need to do is tog out on thursdays at 8pm in DCU, Glasnevin. Standard of football is reasonable - so keepers are well worked. Surface is rubber-type astro turf. If interested drop me an email..."

Willing to pay €20 a game also :eek:, PM me and I'll send on the email address.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭manutd

5rr

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭rovers2001

Hi lads.
    Any over 35 lads out there looking to get the last bit out of the legs.Phoenix Rovers fc are looking for players for their new over 35 team.We will be playing sundays in the Amateur football league.Anyone interested can find more info on www.phoenixroversfc.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

Hey anyone interested in a weekly game of ball on the astro pitches in Rathcoole? I've a group 5-6 21 yr old local lads looking for a weekly friendly but competitive game. We just need another group of 5-6 people to make up the numbers. Any takers?

I'd be interested if not only to get fit-er. Wouldnt way I'm up to scratch with most but if you need the numbers and are still looking let me know. Just one thing I'm from saggart where exactly are the astro pitches in Rathcoole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 evan barker

hi we are an Division 2 Sunday amatuer league team based in the AUL we have great facilities and have high ambitions for this season. Any players intrested in joining give me a buzz especialy any goalkeepers intrested in joining or changing teams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 cunnifg2

A friend and I are interested in playing soccer in Dublin. We are of a reasonable social standard and I was just wondering did anyone have a contact for a club in the Clontarf/Northside Dublin area? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭McCruiskeen

Hi Evan

Where about's is your team based and what evenings do you train?

Hi sorry for only getting back to yoy now if you want to call me you can get me on <snip, number removed>.We are based in the AUL itself which is just east of the Airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭realmadrid

Yep Ill play when and where do I go?

hi we are an Division 2 Sunday amatuer league team based in the AUL we have great facilities and have high ambitions for this season.If you are intrested in joining give me a buzz on <snip, number removed>

• Advertisement

Give me a ring if your intrested <snip, number removed>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Stop spamming this forum.

I'm removing your phone number, as we don't allow that.

People can PM you.

why dont you allow that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Do you really want to end up getting phone calls at 4AM from every weirdo who reads this forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Or if someone decides for the craic to sign you up to every gay chat, jamster like ringtone scam thing they can find.

Plus, its in the rules.

Fair enough was going to get cheeky with use both but looks like u did me a favour

Fair enough was going to get cheeky with use both but looks like u did me a favour

As a matter of good practice, don't ever post your phone number or e-mail or any contact details on a publicly accessible forum - you're leaving yourself open to all sorts of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Merrion

Conwell Rovers (UCFL Division 3) are looking for players for Saturday 11-a-side team.

Training Tuesday nights in Pheonix parks initially 6.30pm - military road (across from the zoo main entrance). PM me if you want further details.

Looking for players and specifically a 'keeper for our Saturday side, play in UCFL, Div 3B, new team, only second season in existence, Allenton United.

Goalkeeper with experience, and reliability essential.

We are a decent side for a start up, reaching the Shield Final last season, looking for promotion this year, and decent runs in the cups & shield also.

We are well organised, with decent sponsorship, and training equipment etc

We are now based in Nutgrove, just opposite Nutgrove Shopping centre.

PM me if interested.

www.allentonunited.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Hardbreaks

Heyas,

Am in process of registering a team for the 11 a side social astro league.
    We will be playing on either a Wednesday or Thursday in Rathfarnham/Dundrum.

We're looking for a sold centre back preferably with a bit of height for the season. We're playing on Mondays and Thursdays at the moment, anyone who might be intersted send me a message and will organise for ya to come for a kickabout.

Also be interested to hear from any full backs who might be interested,

cheers,
    Tom

Advertisement