Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr Binman

Options
  • 20-05-2008 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

just got the latest bill through the door yesterday, The latest add-on is a fuel surcharge of 2.50 per 6 months which now means for 6 months weekly collection its now costing me 195 euro.

Anybody know how much profit Mr Binman are making on that 200 euro?
    I could try and compare the price against the competition but currently Mr Binman are the only show in town.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

in carlow i am paying €25/month which works out at €300 for a year for a weekly refuse and recycling collection, there is a reduction of about €40 if i pay for the whole year or for 6months. there is no surcharges but €400 a year seems like a lot to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭grasscutter

foggy_lad wrote: »
    in carlow i am paying €25/month which works out at €300 for a year for a weekly refuse and recycling collection, there is a reduction of about €40 if i pay for the whole year or for 6months. there is no surcharges but €400 a year seems like a lot to pay.

that sounds alot more of a sensible price. In Co Limerick Mr Binman has nearly a complete monopoly so they can charge what they want

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

foggy_lad wrote: »

same in Kilkenny - 25 a month

• Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Mine works out at roughly 175 a year, before you take 20% revenue rebate off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Limerick too and Mr Binman is setting me back about €180 every 6 months. And this is even with the low usage discount, I got back almost three quarters of the landfill charge on the last bill.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

ztoical wrote: »
    same in Kilkenny - 25 a month
    should have said this is for the smaller 140litre bin while the large 240litre bin is €30/month. doesnt seem fair that a bin half the size of the 240litre one costs only €5 less going by "pay by weight"

Advertisement