Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

William Regal Suspended For 60 Days

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Yeah but I dont think Regal even looked that fit or anything it could be pain meds but who knows these days it could be bullsharl testosterone like Brucie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Nowhere near half as bored as i am of repeating myself!
    I'm perfectly aware of what damage limitation is. I just don't believe it applies in this case. Regal is not being used as PR for the one year anniversary of the Benoit double murder-suicide!

VR!

You have to yet give a vaild reason why thought this not the case. People do "manage" news and information in the real world, you know.
    EdK wrote: »
    Yeah but I dont think Regal even looked that fit or anything it could be pain meds but who knows these days it could be bullsharl testosterone like Brucie

Regal has never been bodybuilder RIPPED anyway. But for him he was in really good shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭Kane-N-Nite

EdK wrote: »

:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

rovert wrote: »
    You have to yet give a vaild reason why thought this not the case. People do "manage" news and information in the real world, you know.

Actually i did, several times as WWE have pretty much erased Benoit out of history, so there would be no legit reason for them to undo the work they did into distancing themselves away from Benoit. and as i have said several times, and i will say again for the final time, They're not going to use Regal to drag it up. You can try to dress that as damage limitation, but in actuality damage limitation boils down to an effort to minimise loss. Does Regal fall into that category, regarding wellness? Absolutely.

But it still has nothing to do with Benoit, It's not even a year yet (as all the Benoit events all happened in June, and correct me if i'm wrong, but we're still in May!). All your contributions in this discussion are trying to sensationalise the current situation.

No disrespect rovert, but you say you did a module in PR, that frightens me because the way you put Public and Relations together, they're two words that when combined don't make sense. As none of this is relating to the public. Just stirring a load of crap.

And a good day to you sir. You may have the last word, if it will help you sleep at night. :)

VR!

Actually i did, several times as WWE have pretty much erased Benoit out of history, so there would be no legit reason for them to undo the work they did into distancing themselves away from Benoit. and as i have said several times, and i will say again for the final time, They're not going to use Regal to drag it up. You can try to dress that as damage limitation, but in actuality damage limitation boils down to an effort to minimise loss. Does Regal fall into that category, regarding wellness? Absolutely.

But it still has nothing to do with Benoit, It's not even a year yet (as all the Benoit events all happened in June, and correct me if i'm wrong, but we're still in May!). All your contributions in this discussion are trying to sensationalise the current situation.

And a good day to you sir. You may have the last word, if it will help you sleep at night. :)

VR!

Once again WWE wants to erase/distance themselves from the Benoit murders AND the bad publicity gained as a result other seedy aspects of the Pro Wrestling business being exposed during the media coverage of the Benoit murders.

Three books are being written to coincide with the anniversary. Anniversaries of certain events does lead to "Event x: revisited" type articles. Last years events WILL be marked in more ways than you can think of. WWE knows that the story will be revived one way or another. Whether it will be in the Wrestling Observers, Sport Illustrated or by the mainstream news. It was a huge story. WWE are incredibly defensive and paranoid about this issue in particular. WWE will handle this issue litigiously and at arms length. VR, OTHER PEOPLE ARE GOING TO "DRAG IT UP" FIRST suspending Regal is only a counter measure, is that so hard to understand? Your thinking on this issue is incredibly illogical and simplistic. You make it sound like I’m saying WWE announced on their Website: William Regal: has been suspended coz Benoit LOL. It is a token suspension by WWE. Much like Jeff Hardy was the ONLY person to be suspended pre-Wrestlemania. Regal’s suspension runs past and beyond the anniversary of the Benoit murders too.
    No disrespect rovert, but you say you did a module in PR, that frightens me because the way you put Public and Relations together, they're two words that when combined don't make sense. As none of this is relating to the public. Just stirring a load of crap.!

What are you taking about?

The Wellness policy is/was on the shareholder's website. Who are shareholders? Members of the public of course. WWE is a publicly trading company, you dingbat. Even saying that WWE's public extends further than just shareholders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Eh, is it too far fetched to think that maybe Regal was just suspended for doing drugs?

orestes wrote: »
    Eh, is it too far fetched to think that maybe Regal was just suspended for doing drugs?

Yeah, i didn't think so either! :confused:
    VR!

orestes wrote: »

As he is the only person doing drugs in WWE, RIGHT orestes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

Quick Q: Havnt seen Raw in the past month (damn dodgybox), and was told by the lads that Regal had a match with Jeff as he was angry about his drug usage. Surely (if it's true) he musta been gicking himself.

Pot. Kettle. Black, anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

mehfesto2 wrote: »
    Quick Q: Havnt seen Raw in the past month (damn dodgybox), and was told by the lads that Regal had a match with Jeff as he was angry about his drug usage. Surely (if it's true) he musta been gicking himself.

Pot. Kettle. Black, anyone?

Jeff hasn't wrestled Regal in a long time. Regal did make a match with Jeff vs Umaga last week though as far as I can remember, but still, that's just the script, it's not like Regal came up with it himself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

As he is the only person doing drugs in WWE, RIGHT orestes?

The reason you have to use drug tests is that the talent don't shout what they're using from the rooftops. I'd be pretty sure he was the only one caught. After all, if they were to pick somebody it wouldn't be someone on a massive push

Bubs101 wrote: »
    The reason you have to use drug tests is that the talent don't shout what they're using from the rooftops.

Sure :rolleyes: Contracted wrestlers are going to blab that they are illegally using drugs. It is called the WELLNESS policy for a reason it is not that hard to pick up on the epoused reason for it. The WWE didnt drug test from about 1995 to early 2006 given example of a wrestler shouting what they're using from the rooftops.
    I'd be pretty sure he was the only one caught.

How?
    After all, if they were to pick somebody it wouldn't be someone on a massive push

Tokenage like Jeff Hardy was. Neither real established main eventers.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hyn-zie

Fozzy wrote: »
    Jeff hasn't wrestled Regal in a long time. Regal did make a match with Jeff vs Umaga last week though as far as I can remember, but still, that's just the script, it's not like Regal came up with it himself

It does seem hypacritcal though! even still i doubt jeff hardy has gotten over his demons, he didn't seem too focused, but he was on crack and supposedly caught by shane o'mac (wheater its true or not), with regal i think its more innocent than that

I'm pretty sure i read that both of Hardy's suspensions were down to pain pills. Which would seem a lot more realistic given the amount of bumps he takes on a weekly basis. Also bear in mid that at the time he was working the SD brand for a bit with Matt as a team, so he would be subjecting his body to a lot more than he would have done when he was just on RAW.

VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭Kane-N-Nite

The recently released William Regal is not a United States citizen, reports the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. If Regal were to receive his third strike under the current Wellness Policy and lose his employment, he would be in danger of not being able to remain in the country. Of course, it would be possible Regal could move to TNA, but there is no guarantee TNA would hire him.

http://www.gerweck.net/news/1212510728.shtml

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

They probably would take him and make him a trainer at the least if push came to shove.

They probably would take him and make him a trainer at the least if push came to shove.

Without a visa, sure?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

I thought that TNA would be able to keep on a VISA or get him one at least.

I thought that TNA would be able to keep on a VISA or get him one at least.

With a dismissal for drugs on his record?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Did that article say he was released? I thought that that was strictly Kayfabe and Regal would be back in 60 days

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

With a dismissal for drugs on his record?
    that wont affect him getting a visa with tna. FAcT

FX Meister wrote: »
    that wont affect him getting a visa with tna. FAcT

Wasn't Amy Winehouse denied a US Visa this year because she had drugs charges on her record?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

regal doesnt have any charges against him.

FX Meister wrote: »
    regal doesnt have any charges against him.

Yet. If he fails the Wellness test for a third time then he'll have lost a job specifically due to drugs. Not criminal charges, but not something that would help him to get a visa

Advertisement