Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anyone had a Berlingo van?

Options
  • 20-05-2008 3:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭

Hiya all,

I am a new business startup and need a cheap van.

I have been offered a 2005 Berlingo van, 1.9 diesel, 71k km, one owner and full service history.

I have googled it and the comments are positive.

As I know the garage, they have offered it to me for 6500 euro including VAT so as a business it will cost me about 5000. They will also give me a six month warranty.

Has anyone any input on these. Ideally, I would like a small van with three seats (if that exists), but this berlingo looks very cheap compared to others on CBG

Thanks in advance

Jeff

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,360 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

pretty reliable and trouble free. Afterall there are thousands of them on the road. 1.9 is slow. 2.0 hdi is much better. Also a newer 1.6 hdi which im told is ok.

They are known to wear front suspension drop links but not an expensive repair.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭MRJ

They are hard enough on diesel

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

MRJ wrote: »
    They are hard enough on diesel
    Agree ..... and they have a terrible turning circle if I recall correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Woodgate

Drove one for a couple of months last year, while working as a merchandiser. Nice and comfortable but very sluggish on hills & inclines, it was a 2005 1.9 diesel that I had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Dabko

Our business had a 2001 berlingo for nearly 3 years. 1.9, 600 model. We drove the living shyt out of it and it just came back for more.
    Packed 14 x 68kg beer kegs into it and it just laughed!

MPG wasnt bad either, had about 45mpg, and that was carrying a load. And as being slow, i got caught by the law doing 88mph in it (Though, that was a sloping road down past knock airport!):D

Go for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

I'm seeing an increasing amount of these on the roads everyday, including its brother van the peugeot partner. Never heard anything bad about them. The 1.9 XUD engine could go for ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

drove a 05 and 06 1.9 berly... a sound cheap yoke to run, never had a bother clocking up over 45,000 miles on both. with a load up they're slow(maybe dangerously so:eek:) and they wear brake pads harder than most. cheap to service too. if you're not doing too much heavy work OP i'd say go for it. check electrics too, i never had trouble but mates had stories of weird stuff going on...

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

my uncle has one for his work and hate the yoke
    although hes used of toyotas reliability so dont let that put you off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Magicman1

I'm currently having a little trouble with my 07 berlingo but have had them for the past few years with no hassle at all! I'd go for it if I were you and it's a good price too.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=55999837&posted=1#post55999837

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Magicman1 wrote: »
    I'm currently having a little trouble with my 07 berlingo but have had them for the past few years with no hassle at all! I'd go for it if I were you and it's a good price too.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=55999837&posted=1#post55999837

A good few of my friends have or have had them - some new, some very high mileage (all the 1.9 diesel). Anything I've heard has been extremely positive even from avowed advocates of the 'all French cars are crap' school. They are so simple from an electronic point of view that the usual caveats don't apply and the Frenchies have always been good at diesel engines.

I bet even junkyard would recommend 'em!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

pburns wrote: »
    I bet even junkyard would recommend 'em!:D

Now don't go jumping ahead of your self there.:p:pac:

Advertisement