Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web Design & Marketing Materials

Options
  • 20-05-2008 3:31pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Im wondering when doing web/graphic design for clients do some of them ask about business cards and headed paper etc since you may have already created a logo to go with their website. I have a client who I am doing a website for at the minute and will be designing the logo to go with it, they asked could I organise business cards and headed paper to go with it.

Just wondering who do you use for such things as business cards etc. I have used vistaprint before myself but just wondering if there are other companies you would recommend, especially ones that would provide a reseller option possibly.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Axwell wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

Im wondering when doing web/graphic design for clients do some of them ask about business cards and headed paper etc since you may have already created a logo to go with their website. I have a client who I am doing a website for at the minute and will be designing the logo to go with it, they asked could I organise business cards and headed paper to go with it.

Just wondering who do you use for such things as business cards etc. I have used vistaprint before myself but just wondering if there are other companies you would recommend, especially ones that would provide a reseller option possibly.

Thanks.

Try one of your local companies .... it can be a blessing to be able to go in and see a proof of it before printing out 2000 :)

I've used snap in the past ... and I do find them quite pricey ... but the one I was using was quite handy as well ... (fast turn around times)

There is another thread on printing in another thread I think in the marketing forum that is giving .. printing.com ... moo.com ... and so on :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

forbairt wrote: »
    Try one of your local companies .... it can be a blessing to be able to go in and see a proof of it before printing out 2000 :)

I've used snap in the past ... and I do find them quite pricey ... but the one I was using was quite handy as well ... (fast turn around times)

There is another thread on printing in another thread I think in the marketing forum that is giving .. printing.com ... moo.com ... and so on :)

Cheers forbairt, I had thought about snap but know they can be a bit on the expensive side but i guess you get what you pay for also. Seeing it before you get it is an issue but i found with vista print once you uploaded your design online to their design application you could see how it would look on the finished product so I was happy enough when I used them once before for business cards.

I got a number of items on vistaprint before but didn't use them for business cards ... I meant to try them for ages for business cards but have just never gotten around to it ... I'd also be going for the highest quality they have ... and suddenly the price gets up there

Snap I find ... are quite expensive cus of the setup fees ... I wanted 100 business cards before ... rush job ... and well .. it was pretty much as cheap to get 250 ... and only another 20 quid I think for another 250

I don't really think that seeing the item on screen with vistaprint .. is really the greatest either ... its fine ... but I noticed some differences in the pens that I had printed out before

This was the thread I was talking about btw :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055296845

forbairt wrote: »
    I don't really think that seeing the item on screen with vistaprint .. is really the greatest either ... its fine ... but I noticed some differences in the pens that I had printed out before

Ya its just handy because you can see how the cards should look and mess around with the design and colours etc till you are happy with them.

Thanks for the link will have a look

sounds a bit more like you tinker with print media ?
    You might find this thread from another board http://www.irishwebmasterforum.com/graphic-design/3778-looking-for-a-printing-book.html handy enough ... some books and articles mentioned in it :)

• Advertisement

Well outside of web design I just do the odd bit of print media as required by clients but its just if they ask for something when the website is being discussed and i feel i could produce what they are looking for. I just do the design they still need to get it printed elsewhere hence my original question about who people use etc.

Cheers for the links :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

I would get this clarified before embarking on any logo design. A logo for screen is unlikely to get too big when you compare to a logo for print which could go up the size a billboard. (Raster vs Vector) Add to that those tricky problems with inks and colours.

tricky D wrote: »
    I would get this clarified before embarking on any logo design. A logo for screen is unlikely to get too big when you compare to a logo for print which could go up the size a billboard. (Raster vs Vector) Add to that those tricky problems with inks and colours.

Well the logo is only going to be used at its biggest on headed paper or business cards so it will be fine. The inks and colours cymk,rgb,pantones im familiar enough with to manage but if it was going to be going on something the size of a billboard I wouldnt be going near it, someone else would be doing that for definite. I know enough to manage, im not crazy :D

Advertisement