Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Climbs around Wexford

Options
  • 20-05-2008 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭

guys,
    I'll be down in Wexford next weekend. Does anyone know of any good routes/climbs in the area?

thanks,
    P

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭rp

Raam wrote: »
    guys,
    I'll be down in Wexford next weekend. Does anyone know of any good routes/climbs in the area?
    Where abouts in Wexford? If you are near New Ross, cross over into Kilkenny and ride the South Leinster Way, there's some good climbs there, like up from Listerlin (snapped a chain riding a fixie up there once)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

ah yes, I should have mentioned where abouts :) It's a big enough place after all. I'll be in Ferrycarrig.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭rp

Raam wrote: »
    I'll be in Ferrycarrig.
    When you get bored riding up and down the small hill by the hotel, head toward Roslare, turn right at the first roundabout (up the hill past the Heritage park), and you'll be in Ross in no time. Up the quays and turn left at the bridge (signposted Waterford) and then first right. It's all up hill from then on.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭King Kelly

You should have been in Enniscorthy last weekend - the lads on the Mount Leinster Challenge found one or two hill's.......

King Kelly wrote: »
    You should have been in Enniscorthy last weekend - the lads on the Mount Leinster Challenge found one or two hill's.......

I'd like to get that in some day, won't be next weekend though :( I'll be a bit tied for time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭King Kelly

Map of route attached if you change your mind.

Directions: Enniscorthy head WEST, Milehouse, Kiltealy (Feed Stop on left), Ballymurphy, Borris, (T/right), Bagenalstown, (T/right), Fenagh, Myshall, (T/right), The Heights KOM, Corrabutt Gap KOM, (Sharp right on descent), The Nine Stones (KOM), CARE ON DESCENT, GRIDS, (T/left), Kiltealy, Feedstop. 100km route returns to Enniscorthy, 150km group turn left after Kiltealy, Halfway House, Bunclody T/left, Left after Mill Race Hotel, Kilbranish (KOM), T/left, The Nine Stones KOM, CARE ON DESCENT, GRIDS, (T/left), Kiltealy, Feedstop, return to Enniscorthy.

Slaney CC Enniscorthy go for a 2/3 hour spin on Sunday morning at 10.00am. Wexford Wheelers go for a longer spin from Wexford town at 9.30am.

Visitors always welcome!

King Kelly wrote: »
    Map of route attached if you change your mind.

Directions: Enniscorthy head WEST, Milehouse, Kiltealy (Feed Stop on left), Ballymurphy, Borris, (T/right), Bagenalstown, (T/right), Fenagh, Myshall, (T/right), The Heights KOM, Corrabutt Gap KOM, (Sharp right on descent), The Nine Stones (KOM), CARE ON DESCENT, GRIDS, (T/left), Kiltealy, Feedstop. 100km route returns to Enniscorthy, 150km group turn left after Kiltealy, Halfway House, Bunclody T/left, Left after Mill Race Hotel, Kilbranish (KOM), T/left, The Nine Stones KOM, CARE ON DESCENT, GRIDS, (T/left), Kiltealy, Feedstop, return to Enniscorthy.

Slaney CC Enniscorthy go for a 2/3 hour spin on Sunday morning at 10.00am. Wexford Wheelers go for a longer spin from Wexford town at 9.30am.

Visitors always welcome!

Thanks King Kelly, we shall be going for our spin on Friday. If I was there on Sunday it would be nice to join up with one of the clubs, but not to worry.

Advertisement