Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a builder?

Options
  • 20-05-2008 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

I am looking for recommendations for a reliable and reasonably priced builder.

I have a biggish (!) job to get done and don't know where to start looking :confused:

I'd consider a builder on his own or one that will organise the entire job.

HELP!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

sorry dont know any to help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

what type of job is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Osk

House extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

might be a bit big for the guys i know.. sorry..

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Dumdum McCarthy

what area u live in?i am a carpenter i do work for a builder who does alot of extensions.well worth gettin a quote of this guy if ur interested.i can pass on his number if u want?

• Advertisement

Thanks dumdum. Will you PM me his name and add?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

When I was in a similar situation a few years ago, I drove around one or two days into a few estates saw a few builders working. If I liked there worked I asked for their bosses phone nbr. I managed to get a few and asked for quotes. Eventually I got a really top class guy, who was quite reasonable. Unfortunately due to ill health he is no longer building. There is a guy doing an extension on our estate at present but I suggest the drive around. Don't go for ads in the paper until you see the work and maybe talk to the house owners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Some recommended ones from here:

JK Contractors - www.jkcontractors.net
    Kildimo Development
    Tom Gilbert

I've experienced & seen all 3 (stuff I was doing and stuff friends were doing) and all 3 are really good.

Thanks folks,

Liam - I think I contacted the first 2 you gave me for a quote? The list is in work....I trawled the good old Golden Pages ;)

Plans were posted last Thursday and I have had 3 contact me already interested in quoting - the times they sure are a-changing luckily for me! :D

Advertisement