Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to use my Mackie Onyx in Cubase

Options
  • 20-05-2008 3:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭

So I finally fixed a problem with the firewire on my PC and want to try and record with my Mackie Onyx Satellite. However, the manual for the Mackie doesnt show how to use it with cubase.

How do you normally use an audio interface with Cubase?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭white_falcon

Even if someone could just tell me how to use an audio interface in cubase usually - as in how do you set them up it would be handy thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭ogy

Devices -> Device Setup -> VST Audiobay -> Master ASIO Driver drop down -> select the driver for the onyx.

hope that helps:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭white_falcon

ogy wrote: »
    Devices -> Device Setup -> VST Audiobay -> Master ASIO Driver drop down -> select the driver for the onyx.

hope that helps:)

yea thanks

i think theres more to it than that, because i create an audio track with the onyx driver set up correctly and all, and the only in and out it gives me are Virus ASIO in, and Virus ASIO out - Virus Ti keyboard im using.. :(

Ah well..more fiddling about to be done i suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭ogy

ok that sound like you have no busses set up so:

Devices -> VST Connections -> Inputs Tab -> Add Bus -> Stereo x 1 -> Click on the corresponding left and right inputs under device ports and there should be options for your mackie inputs there -> do the same thing under outputs

if the mackie ins and outs aren't listed the driver isn't working properly

Advertisement