Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to watch rugby on Saturday?

Options
  • 20-05-2008 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭

Apart from actually being in Cardiff, where do y'all reckon the best place in town for daycent atmos would be??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭corcaighcailin9

I steer well clear of Reardon's for sure, whether it's day or night :D Douglas would be a good spot alrite. Bring it on!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

I watched last years stuff in the bailey and it wasn't that bad they had huge screens on every floor. if you get there an hour before the match starts id almost guarantee you will get a seat in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,959 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Counihans by the GPO?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Why surely it must be the R.I. for a few cold kens before the game with the chaps...all collars turned up of course, c'mon Ireland:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭shnaek

I watched the last one upstairs in Scotts on big screen. The atmosphere was great, but get in a bit early to get a decent spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

Costigan's is great for watching rugby during the day - the atmosphere is good craic and you can bring in pizza if you're hungry! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭irishcrazyhorse

SoHo is a great spot!
    T.v's everywhere and you can get a munch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

Cissy Young's or the Silver Key.... good bars for the rugby....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I can't believe the Rob Roy was not mentioned yet. OK the pub is small but if you get in early (9am!) and get a good spot the atmosphere will be electric.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

I must second the Silver Key. Great atmosphere when the big games are on! Haven't been in John Os since they did the place up so not sure what it's like, but the south county is an alright spot too.

Feckin RTE not getting the rights to show it! UGHHH

Advertisement