Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Live gold subscription

• 20-05-2008 4:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm in the market for a live gold subscription.
    The cheapest place seems to be via eBay - and costs about 38euro.
    Almost all that seem to be listed are 12+1 subscriptions.
    However, on a search here i noticed that these are new subs, and won't work with existing accounts.
    is this still the case?
    thanks,
    MiCr0

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

I bought my sub from this guy a couple of months ago.

I used up my one months free trial and once that finished I just used the key he sent me to give me a year. Didn't give me any probs at all.

http://stores.ebay.ie/gamesandaccessories4less_XBOX-360-ACCESSORIES_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ10728654QQftidZ1QQtZkm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Got mine on ebay too for €33.75. Got the code 3 hours after paying. Its nearly double the price in the shops. I got the free month and just added 13 months so I did not have to change my gamertag.

Just checked and the guy who sold it to me is gone.
    He had hundreds of items. Strange!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭Sarn

12+1 work fine with existing accounts. I only got one this month for just under €34.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Georgie Boy

i got mine from ebay last week, €33 for 13 months
    code is emailed to you once you pay

most sellers get their items removed cos they dont abide by ebays strict rules of charging for postage plus they dont enter price fixing cartels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I got a 12+1 a few weeks back for around €33, strange the guy is no longer registered. Ebay changed their rules recently regarding these type of auctions, maybe that's why. The codes would have to be posted instead of emailed. The 12+1 works fine on existing subs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Yeah I believe ebay have banned auctions of intangible goods - the idea being to stop those retarded auctions where some asshole advertises a load of attractive stuff at too-good-to-be-true prices and has extremely small print saying that what you're actually bidding on is information on how to get stuff cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

jester77 wrote: »
    I got a 12+1 a few weeks back for around €33, strange the guy is no longer registered. Ebay changed their rules recently regarding these type of auctions, maybe that's why. The codes would have to be posted instead of emailed. The 12+1 works fine on existing subs.

Are they UK 12+1 subs, or the US ones? I thought the US 12+1 Subscriptions didn't work on an EU machine...
    Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 szyslak

I bought my 12+1 Month free subscription yesterday off ebay also €33 aprox. Code was sent after a few hours and worked perfectly. I was in the middle of my 1 month free trial and it updated correctly.

Are they UK 12+1 subs, or the US ones? I thought the US 12+1 Subscriptions didn't work on an EU machine...
    Thanks.

I've heard of the US ones not working, these are UK/Europe specific ones, the sellers state that in their auction. I purchased from a UK seller with good feedback and there was no problems. Unfortunately he is no longer selling due to ebay's change of policy, but there is a link above to someone who is selling them and posting them to Ireland. Just make sure they have good feedback and that they state that subscription is for Europe PAL, or UK/Germany, etc. Should be no problems then!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I used up my one months free trial and once that finished I just used the key he sent me to give me a year. Didn't give me any probs at all.

http://stores.ebay.ie/gamesandaccessories4less_XBOX-360-ACCESSORIES_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ10728654QQftidZ1QQtZkm

gonna go with this lad myself, does anyone know where I can find out when my sub is gonna expire? can't find it on the xbl site or when i log into the console

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭mancduff

Just bought off of this guy hopefully i've had a bargain otherwise its an expensive lesson. Will let you know if i recieve my code by post coz ebay have stopped them emailing codes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Lenny wrote: »
    gonna go with this lad myself, does anyone know where I can find out when my sub is gonna expire? can't find it on the xbl site or when i log into the console

On the dashboard, go to marketplace, down the bottom under account management, and its under memberships.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

great stuff thanks, found it there |I did. mine doens't expire until end of august. good stuff so :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭emurphy

I read this thread a week ago when it started and though it had to be rubbish. My sub had just ran out and its about 60 quid to buy so I tried the ebay thing and yes it works!! 13 months for 33 odd euro. Cant recommend this enough. Fantastic. Cheers guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

yea ebay the only way to go for the subs cant understand how its not this cheap paying for it with your cc on the xbox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭emurphy

Just shows if you shop around eh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Got a 12+1 month code from ebay the other day, €33.
    Worked great.

The next day I got an email from ebay saying the seller had been banned for TOS violation!
    Didn't think they were REALLY cracking down on the email thing.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Me too, got a 12+1 account 2 days ago which "topped up" my first account which had another week left on it no problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

The guy I bought my 12+1 code from (on Ebay), told me he has this site: http://www.microsoftpointsxbox.com

I haven't used the site at all so have no idea if it's legit or any good, has anyone used it yet? I won't need to for another 12 months ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

Just ordered one of these.

/waits on email.....

• Advertisement

You might not get an email, the sellers are not supposed to be doing that now under the new T&C's but I'm sure some still are.

The guy I bought from is back selling them, I had no problems with him and the code worked good.

Slightly off topic, but where do these guys get the points cards on the cheap for selling? Do MS offer them to their employees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

I got the email 11 mins after I won the auction and it worked 100%. 12 month and 1 bonus month. I'm well happy!

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/karl5731/ is the user by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

koneko wrote: »
    The guy I bought my 12+1 code from (on Ebay), told me he has this site: http://www.microsoftpointsxbox.com

I haven't used the site at all so have no idea if it's legit or any good, has anyone used it yet? I won't need to for another 12 months ;)
    Just purchased a 12+1 gold sub from that site.

Be wed before I get to try it out as ntl arent due till then to install meh bb

<e>
    durr¬!
    Didn't know I could redeem the code via xbox.com. Went thru anyway along with me free 3 months I got for MS ****ing up removing my cc details about 8 months ago :)

Advertisement