Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

already cancelled test twice... and want to cancel again

Options
  • 20-05-2008 4:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Hey guys,
    Hope someone can help.

I applied for my test about 9 weeks ago so I could get a provisional licence. Thing is I don't have a car yet and haven't been driving at all. The website said waiting time would be 40 weeks! So now I'm in a bit of a pickle. My test is in 10 days time. I really would like to avoid doing it. Especially because I know I will fail but also the cost of getting a car from somewhere and getting insured on it for a day..

Does anyone know what happens if you cancel your test more than twice. I can't get through to the RSA or the any of the phone numbers on their website.

(I realise I shouldn't have applied for my test but there was no other way of getting my provisional to practice)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Asparagus wrote: »
    Does anyone know what happens if you cancel your test more than twice
    AFAIK you forfeit the fee and place in the queue (not that the queue matters much nowadays).
    Asparagus wrote:
    but there was no other way of getting my provisional to practice)
    You must be on the 3rd Learner Permit! What were you doing for the past 4 years? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

just do it get two lessons before hand and try your best you can get a car from the lesson company whats the worst that can happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Asparagus

AFAIK you forfeit the fee and place in the queue (not that the queue matters much nowadays).

You must be on the 3rd Learner Permit! What were you doing for the past 4 years? :confused:

Thanks, just gonna email now and cancel. Whats the worst that can happen really.

I know, its embarrassing. I had lessons and prepared for a test before but it was ages ago. Had to cancel and reapplied without practicing ...same as now. I keep thinking about getting my act together but its proving rather difficult. Getting lessons at the weekend anyway. uurgh.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

You could give it a go for the experience (if you get a car and insurance) as you've nothing to lose.

Good luck! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I would say go for it, you have nothing to lose if you do go for it, just see what happens, if you pass happy days, but if not you'll be better prepared having gone through the test before when you go to do it again. You're going to have to pay either way, just go for it!
    Good Luck

• Advertisement
Advertisement