Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal Abuse ... allowed or not in AH?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I have noticed a few moderators such as Dudess and Karoma have banning people unnecessarily in the past as well. If there is an argument between 2 board users, and one of them is a "newbie" and one a regular, they will ban the newbie regardless of who started the argument or who was the first to direct personal abuse. I'll be keeping a close watch on both moderators in future and will compile a dosier should their behaviour continue.

Shut up Brian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

CuLT wrote: »
    If you would like anyone whose opinion matters to actually entertain this thread, please stop jerking around.
    So, he should only jerk himself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Jog On Cnut

6th wrote: »
    Shut up Brian.

you shut up Martin

you shut up Martin

Its Mark. FAIL.

Anyway, whats the buzz, you've had a few accounts site banned already and you keep coming back? Is it love?

close though, must be my 6th sense

• Advertisement

close though, most be my 6th sense

Its must but then again ...close enough, right?

6th wrote: »
    Its Mark. FAIL.

Anyway, whats the buzz, you've had a few accounts site banned already and you keep coming back? Is it love?

what accounts have I had before?

Which Brian is this? The one who thinks the lotto is rigged?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

rb_ie wrote: »
    That's what i'm guessing. He's Fail at trolling whoever he is.

Nah this guy is the tosspot who was causing trouble on the soccer access forum etc a few days back. Gringo Ringo etc. Oh look he's looking for soccer access again and failing.

I can swing buy Cookstown with a cert of knobendship if you like Brian?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

on the whole issue of this, everyone knows i <3 boards, but those threads describing boardsies traits always end badly.
    the recent one went on too long imo, and certain folk i ffelt were allowed get away with what was personal abuse.
    this is why we cant have nice things!!!11!!1

^the above are my opinions only :pac:^

Yeah I figured Brian Nolan to be a bit more intelligent alright.

Brian/Jog to whatever, when it comes to Boards.ie, persistence is not the key. You pm'd me earlier asking for a forum to discuss football in, I told you to just sit tight until you've met the requirements.

Here, fine, http://forum.football365.com/index.php?t=thread&frm_id=2 there's a forum for you to discuss football in. I take it this is the last we'll see of you so goodbye and goodluck.

Rb wrote: »
    Yeah I figured Brian Nolan to be a bit more intelligent alright.

Brian/Jog to whatever, when it comes to Boards.ie, persistence is not the key. You pm'd me earlier asking for a forum to discuss football in, I told you to just sit tight until you've met the requirements.

Here, fine, http://forum.football365.com/index.php?t=thread&frm_id=2 there's a forum for you to discuss football in. I take it this is the last we'll see of you so goodbye and goodluck.

Not so chief, sure I'll discuss football there, but theres so many assholes about here who for some reason get really wound up by my presence, so I think I'll stick around for another while yet.

Not so chief, sure I'll discuss football there, but theres so many assholes about here who for some reason get really wound up by my presence, so I think I'll stick around for another while yet.
    You probably won't be allowed to stick around if you're just here to wind people up, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Name change :eek:

Sherifu wrote: »
    Name change :eek:

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

That's pretty cool actually, I didn't know one could have such a short username.

OT: OP, done and dusted, decision made, on with life etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

Sherifu wrote: »
    He's Fail at trolling whoever he is.
    True. A good troll challenges, inspires, evolves, and leaves a mildly nutty aftertaste.

Grand so, I'm sure I have a few creative ways of annoying you ... I'll be in touch.

:eek:

Nice, well done.

• Advertisement

That's pretty cool actually, I didn't know one could have such a short username.

Yep, seems it's possible anyway! Should make introductions at beers easier if anything :)
    6th wrote:
    Nice, well done.

Thanks!

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Yep, seems it's possible anyway! Should make introductions at beers easier if anything :)

nope, now you'll just be introducing yourself as "R. B., ah formerly R. B. underscore *finger motion* I. E.?"

nope, now you'll just be introducing yourself as "R. B., ah formerly R. B. underscore *finger motion* I. E.?"
    heh, you've a good memory :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I have noticed a few moderators such as Dudess and Karoma have banning people unnecessarily in the past as well. If there is an argument between 2 board users, and one of them is a "newbie" and one a regular, they will ban the newbie regardless of who started the argument or who was the first to direct personal abuse. I'll be keeping a close watch on both moderators in future and will compile a dosier should their behaviour continue.

Perfect example of why they do it.

Everyone knows that you're an absolute bell end unless you have at least 250 posts

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

that was a funny thread :pac:

OP I probably would have written a thread like this when I first joined but I have learnt that the majority of folks on here get along - take anything serious on here and you may as well never visit the site again.

Okay sometimes they over step the mark but the mods keep them in check.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Gandalf23 wrote: »
    OK, just to clarify something before I start ... this is not meant to attack boards or fight the powah ... I'm just making some feedback and looking for opinions.

I was just looking at this thread in AH. The level of personal abuse from one of the contributors is sorta shocking. Ok I know it was towards a trolling idiot, but its still personal abuse which is in direct contravention of the AH charter which states clearly...

"Personal Abuse
    - Posters who abuse others on here will be banned. Permanent bans will be handed out on a first offence if a moderator feels it is warranted. There is no argument on this one. Abuse someone and you will be banned. Calling someone an idiot is abuse. Don't attack the poster, attack the post. Posting PM's publicly without consent could be met with harsh consequences, especially if they do not have any place in the discussion."

The charter also states...
    "Regarding personal abuse:If you have been around for a while, and should know better than to just abuse people in this forum, then you will get a longer ban. Repeat offenses will be dealt with harshly."

So, why was this person not banned? Or is personal abuse of that level ok when directed against a troll?

Just wondering.

consider the charter in AH to be a 'guideline', and that the mods decision will be absed on any number of things, including how much coffee hey have had today, how tired they are, and how fed up they are of your play acting.

a muppet who ive never seen was abusive and was banned. someone who puts a lot into this site was warned, but wasnt banned.

AH doesnt operate on a clear cut black and white ruling. I fully support Dudess' decision.

is that ok for you, or is there something else that you need me to explain?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

consider the charter in AH to be a 'guideline', and that the mods decision will be absed on any number of things, including how much coffee hey have had today, how tired they are, and how fed up they are of your play acting.

a muppet who ive never seen was abusive and was banned. someone who puts a lot into this site was warned, but wasnt banned.

AH doesnt operate on a clear cut black and white ruling. I fully support Dudess' decision.

is that ok for you, or is there something else that you need me to explain?

So he puts "a lot into the site"?That gives him the right to personally abuse people?Bull**** .

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Degsy wrote: »
    So he puts "a lot into the site"?That gives him the right to personally abuse people?Bull**** .
    Your Internet stalking-crusade against rb_ie is pretty creepy fyi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Plus a Googolplex.

Degsy, go for a walk or something.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Your Internet stalking-crusade against rb_ie is pretty creepy fyi.

I'm stalking nobody.I find his arrogance objectionable and i resent being called a "retard" in public fora by him.He had the cheek to mention me in his sig because we were posting in the same thread as each other and i happened not to agree with what he was saying.He is,in effect telling me to stay out of threads that he's posting in because he "wants nothing to do with me"..THATS creepy!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement