Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal Abuse ... allowed or not in AH?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

So you didn't reply to his posts ad nauseum over a recent period?

Hardly a chance virtual bump in the corridor...

Basically, you're not doing yourself any favours by keeping it going like this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

So you didn't reply to his posts ad nauseum over a recent period?

Hardly a chance virtual bump in the corridor...

Basically, you're not doing yourself any favours by keeping it going like this.

He's aposter,i'm a poster i'm allowed to reply to topics he posts in various fora.The fact that he was posting,to my mind errant nonsense should've been the start of a normal debate but no..he had to reveal the existence of what he calls a "tard list" with my name on it.He can feel whatever he likes about me personally but to call somebody people retards because they dont agree with you is abusive and in my opinion,out of line.My last comment on the matter is that he seems to be allowed to gallop roughshod over charters and rules as he sees fit,from personal abuse to threats,flaming and even putting a moderator on ignore.Arrogant behavior in the extreme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Round 1,542.

*ding* *ding*

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

sigh...
    here we go.

rolleyes.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Degsy wrote: »
    He's aposter,i'm a poster i'm allowed to reply to topics he posts in various fora.The fact that he was posting,to my mind errant nonsense should've been the start of a normal debate but no..he had to reveal the existence of what he calls a "tard list" with my name on it.He can feel whatever he likes about me personally but to call somebody people retards because they dont agree with you is abusive and in my opinion,out of line.My last comment on the matter is that he seems to be allowed to gallop roughshod over charters and rules as he sees fit,from personal abuse to threats,flaming and even putting a moderator on ignore.Arrogant behavior in the extreme.

No, Degsy, the issue is in that you've followed me from thread to thread, quoting and replying to my posts (even though you're fully aware that I've you on ignore which would indicate to most people that I want nothing to do with them), making snide comments, bringing me up in threads I'm not even posting in etc.

You're even continuing to do so, despite me posting two quite long posts asking you to quit it, and to just ignore me like I ignore you and we can all get on with things. However, it seems you can't, as though you've some bizarre obsession with me.

I put you on ignore for a reason, I'll only respond in feedback and particularly if it's to do with me, but overall I do not care for your existence on this website. I wouldn't care if you stopped posting tomorrow, I don't care to read about your opinion on anything but when you're bringing me up, following me around and making snide comments towards me wherever possible, this is when an issue arises.

Believe me, I do try to ignore you but unfortunately your attention whoring ways lead to your posts being quoted and me seeing you posting about me, or in response to something I've said. Any time I'm brought up in feedback, you're there also with such hypocritical remarks such as claiming I abuse people outside of TT. Do you not realise the hypocrisy in those statements? Others certainly do, as do I.

I don't care if you have a problem with me, in general I obey the site rules and get along with the overwhelming majority of posters here. I don't care if you disagree with my opinion on something, I've no time for you whatsoever and have no interest in discussing my opinions with you.

Now, for the last time and for your own sake, stop following me around Boards, stop talking about me, stop replying to my posts in the hope it'll be quoted and I'll see it and don't register any more accounts just to evade the fact I don't read your posts, just forget about me, ok?

If you feel you can't do that, then you truly have an obsession with me that needs to be looked at by a professional, or perhaps by just logging off for a while. If you can't do either, perhaps pm an Smod and ask for a siteban for a fixed period so you can get your head together.

I'm hoping this is the last post on the matter, and that you take on board what has been said by myself and others in this thread and just leave it. Forget about me and get on with your life.

Nerin wrote:
    sigh...
    here we go.

I'm hoping this is the end of it tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

/Pulls up a chair

The leaves sure are nice this time of year.

Rb wrote: »
    No, Degsy, the issue is in that you've followed me from thread to thread, quoting and replying to my posts (even though you're fully aware that I've you on ignore which would indicate to most people that I want nothing to do with them), making snide comments, bringing me up in threads I'm not even posting in etc.

You're even continuing to do so, despite me posting two quite long posts asking you to quit it, and to just ignore me like I ignore you and we can all get on with things. However, it seems you can't, as though you've some bizarre obsession with me.

I put you on ignore for a reason, I'll only respond in feedback and particularly if it's to do with me, but overall I do not care for your existence on this website. I wouldn't care if you stopped posting tomorrow, I don't care to read about your opinion on anything but when you're bringing me up, following me around and making snide comments towards me wherever possible, this is when an issue arises.

Believe me, I do try to ignore you but unfortunately your attention whoring ways lead to your posts being quoted and me seeing you posting about me, or in response to something I've said. Any time I'm brought up in feedback, you're there also with such hypocritical remarks such as claiming I abuse people outside of TT. Do you not realise the hypocrisy in those statements? Others certainly do, as do I.

I don't care if you have a problem with me, in general I obey the site rules and get along with the overwhelming majority of posters here. I don't care if you disagree with my opinion on something, I've no time for you whatsoever and have no interest in discussing my opinions with you.

Now, for the last time and for your own sake, stop following me around Boards, stop talking about me, stop replying to my posts in the hope it'll be quoted and I'll see it and don't register any more accounts just to evade the fact I don't read your posts, just forget about me, ok?

If you feel you can't do that, then you truly have an obsession with me that needs to be looked at by a professional, or perhaps by just logging off for a while. If you can't do either, perhaps pm an Smod and ask for a siteban for a fixed period so you can get your head together.

I'm hoping this is the last post on the matter, and that you take on board what has been said by myself and others in this thread and just leave it. Forget about me and get on with your life.

I'm hoping this is the end of it tbh.

How can i put this?
    You're an arrogant clown.
    I'll post where i like,take my name the hell out of your signature or I'LL pm somebody making a complaint okay?
    I dont need to "stalk" you,there've been enough complaints about you recently to ensure you're on very thin ice as it is.I also reccomend that the admins make you get rid of your so-called "tard" list as its an offensive term,visible to outsiders and business interests.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Ahem.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I also reccomend that the admins make you get rid of your so-called "tard" list as its an offensive term,visible to outsiders and business interests.
    As some black dude used to say... "what you jibber jabbering on about now foo'?" What "tard" list?

Terry wrote: »

Ahem again.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055296576

who mentions who first?

• Advertisement

How can i put this?
    You're an arrogant clown.
    I'll post where i like,take my name the hell out of your signature or I'LL pm somebody making a complaint okay?
    I dont need to "stalk" you,there've been enough complaints about you recently to ensure you're on very thin ice as it is.I also reccomend that the admins make you get rid of your so-called "tard" list as its an offensive term,visible to outsiders and business interests.

The link will remain in my signature as long as you keep behaving as you have been.

You'll note that the admins themselves have a "tard list", here, please take the time to note the headings of the categories on that page. You should also note that the picture I posted was of my "Ignore list", nowhere on the vbulletin interface does it refer to it as a "tard" list, that is my own personal name for it.

I've never even insinuated that you shouldn't be allowed post in threads I have, if you read my last post properly.

You do realise calling me an arrogant clown constitutes personal abuse, right? And it's not inside the thunderdome alright, you realise that too?

Degsy, I'm trying to end this, yet you keep going and going. Why is this? Do you realise how you're coming across here? As Roundy already said, you're not doing yourself any favours, if anything you're merely digging yourself deeper into a hole that you've created for yourself.

Now, are you going to be a good lad and quit behaving as you have been? Or do you think the best option is for you to ask for a siteban for a while?

It's up to you, I don't particularly care what you do, whether it be taking a break from the net or if you end up in a mental institute, as long as you don't cause me any more problems.

I've asked three times to end this now, how many more times must I say the same things before you get the point? This can be ended so very easily, as I've asked for it to be. The balls in your court Degsy, you can either quit this behaviour and we'll get on with things ignoring eachothers existence, or you can continue with your bizarre behaviour and cause more trouble.

If you do the right thing, I'll get rid of the links in my signature.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

In fairness, It is very difficult to find a thread to post in that rb, hasnt posted in. In AH and feedback for definite anyway.

Terry wrote: »
    Ah yeah Terry but our differences were resolved long ago, were they not? And you could hardly call that a dig at you really, I think it made you look quite well tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

I'm sure both Rb and Degsy will be laughing together about this in a months time, over a cup of tea and some finger sandwiches.:)

Oh please. I could have used anyone of the "I hate Rb" crews names there but chose yours due to your completely irrational, almost psychotic behaviour lately.

Quality wrote: »
    You honestly can't keep your nose out of it, can you?

You should learn to mind your own business, you seem to want to draw attention to yourself and we've seen previously that you can't handle it so I'm asking you to keep out of it, it's nothing to do with you.

I'm sure both Rb and Degsy will be laughing together about this in a months time, over a cup of tea and some finger sandwiches.:)
    I'm actually quite worried (to the point of possibly not attenting) that he could try something at the upcoming June Boards Beers, given that I've already stated it's quite possible I'll be there, nevermind laughing about it over a cup of tea.

The link will remain in my signature as long as you keep behaving as you have been.

You'll note that the admins themselves have a "tard list", here, please take the time to note the headings of the categories on that page. You should also note that the picture I posted was of my "Ignore list", nowhere on the vbulletin interface does it refer to it as a "tard" list, that is my own personal name for it.

I've never even insinuated that you shouldn't be allowed post in threads I have, if you read my last post properly.

You do realise calling me an arrogant clown constitutes personal abuse, right? And it's not inside the thunderdome alright, you realise that too?

Degsy, I'm trying to end this, yet you keep going and going. Why is this? Do you realise how you're coming across here? As Roundy already said, you're not doing yourself any favours, if anything you're merely digging yourself deeper into a hole that you've created for yourself.

Now, are you going to be a good lad and quit behaving as you have been? Or do you think the best option is for you to ask for a siteban for a while?

It's up to you, I don't particularly care what you do, whether it be taking a break from the net or if you end up in a mental institute, as long as you don't cause me any more problems.

I've asked three times to end this now, how many more times must I say the same things before you get the point? This can be ended so very easily, as I've asked for it to be. The balls in your court Degsy, you can either quit this behaviour and we'll get on with things ignoring eachothers existence, or you can continue with your bizarre behaviour and cause more trouble.

If you do the right thing, I'll get rid of the links in my signature.

A bit of persepctive.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055296399&page=4
    4 pages and roughly ten posts by you later i throw in my 2 cents worth about insurance fraud. In this post http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055296576 you're refering to me in a thread i hadnt posted in.Now,you're stuff is all over AH and feedback so its difficult NOT to post in the same places as each other and you have no right to tell me to stop posting anywhere.Further,you have no right and no power to suggest a site ban for ANYBODY.This stalking is all in your mind,i've complained already about your sig containing an attack on me that is quite frankly scurilous.Continue to post where you like and so will i just leave me the hell out of your paranoid fantasies.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I've lost count, is this six or seven threads this ****e has infected now?

Its not so much "Leave Rb alone" as "Leave the rest of us alone".

I'm actually quite worried (to the point of possibly not attenting) that he could try something at the upcoming June Boards Beers, given that I've already stated it's quite possible I'll be there, nevermind laughing about it over a cup of tea.

I genuinley believe you're some sort of paranoid delusional character.I can see what you're trying to do here though.YOu're trying to convince people that i might turn up at a beers and do something to do,you've no basis for that idea but you're "playing to the crowd" in the hope that people will turn agaisnt me.Well i've been to 5 beers so far,i've seen you personally twice,i shook the hand of somebody who banned me and never in a million years considered making something out of an online spat.You'll have to try a differnet tack.

You honestly can't keep your nose out of it, can you?

You should learn to mind your own business, you seem to want to draw attention to yourself and we've seen previously that you can't handle it so I'm asking you to keep out of it, it's nothing to do with you.

Your the one who cant handle it, You are the one who has to resort to personal abuse in order to get your point across.

You should learn to have some manners and a bit of respect for people, your behaviour disgusts me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Only one way to settle this, and that's a dance-off at the Boards Beers.:pac:

A bit of persepctive.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055296399&page=4
    4 pages and roughly ten posts by you later i throw in my 2 cents worth about insurance fraud. In this post http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055296576 you're refering to me in a thread i hadnt posted in.Now,you're stuff is all over AH and feedback so its difficult NOT to post in the same places as each other and you have no right to tell me to stop posting anywhere.Further,you have no right and no power to suggest a site ban for ANYBODY.This stalking is all in your mind,i've complained already about your sig containing an attack on me that is quite frankly scurilous.Continue to post where you like and so will i just leave me the hell out of your paranoid fantasies.

Read it again Degsy, I didn't tell you not to post where I post, I told you to stop quoting and replying to my posts with snide remarks, or making shít up about me. Again, I don't care where you post, what threads you post in etc. just don't concern me in them. Don't quote my posts, don't refer to my posts, don't reply to my posts, don't comment on me or my opinion. Simple as.

So we're agreed, you're going to stop doing the above and we're going to just go on with life ignoring each others existence, right? This means you won't talk about me, to me etc. A simple "agreed" or "disagreed" will suffice. Then we can be done with this.

Your the one who cant handle it, You are the one who has to resort to personal abuse in order to get your point across.

You should learn to have some manners and a bit of respect for people, your behaviour disgusts me.
    Thank you, do feel free to put me on ignore so you won't have to see my "disgusting behaviour".

Your "holier than thou" attitude is beyond laughable, but in general I've considered you a decent poster/contributor, but I can happily stick you on ignore and you can do the same to me, with the same terms attached to it as those I've outlined with Degsy?

Edited to say:

People earn respect, they don't just get it automatically on appearance. I've an immense amount of respect for a lot of people who post on Boards, and there's quite a few I've no respect for whatsoever. If you feel I'm disrespecting you, then you've obviously done something to deserve it as I tend to give a lot of people the benefit of the doubt (not "respect" per se) until I've seen enough to form an opinion of them, and therefore respect them or obviously, have no respect for them.

Thank you, do feel free to put me on ignore so you won't have to see my "disgusting behaviour".

Your "holier than thou" attitude is beyond laughable, but in general I've considered you a decent poster/contributor, but I can happily stick you on ignore and you can do the same to me, with the same terms attached to it as those I've outlined with Degsy?

I couldnt give a hoot how you have considered my posting, You can happily stick me where you want...

I have my opinions and It my main problem is why you get preferred treatment?

I cant understand it? :confused: I have asked in the past who you are riding/paying in order to not be banned? (Please excuse my sense of humour with the riding comment.)

As for what I can do with you... I dont need your advice, If I wish to read your comments and post a comment reflecting my feelings towards it, whether I agree or disagree with you I will. I am mature enough not to need to feel I have to refrain from reading your posts.

Terms?Who the fcuck do you think you are?Telling me not to reply to posts that you've made and not to comment on posts that you've made?You're beyond a joke you really are.This is an online DISCUSSION site,people can discuss things with other posters and comment on each others opinions.Nowhere in any charter does it say "you're not allowed to disagree with people".YOu have as much right to tell me or anybody else what to post than one of yourt hated "low postcount newbies" do.Unbelievable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

The more I think about this, the more I'm convinced rb has serious mental issues. Its obvious that he needs help. And needs it quickly.

He definitely thinks a lot of people are out to get him ... typical signs of a persecution complex. This is typical paranoid delusional behavour. He also has MAJOR anger issues ... wishing children die suffering and before birth etc. How many of us would even THINK that, let alone actually post it on an internet forum.

rb, I would like to help you. And before you accuse me of anything, I am serious here. I am genuinely worried, and I promise I want to help. Please pm me ... a close friend is a consultant psychologist in St. Vincents and I know he can help you.

rb please pm me ... I can really help you and I'm being serious.

• Advertisement

I couldnt give a hoot how you have considered my posting, You can happily stick me where you want...

I have my opinions and It my main problem is why you get preferred treatment?

But I don't really. In the case of Hudson 4 Ever vs Myself, WWM explained why I didn't get the same treatment as H4E. If it were Ruu vs Myself, I'd be the one with the ban.
    Quality wrote:
    I cant understand it? :confused: I have asked in the past who you are riding/paying in order to not be banned? (Please excuse my sense of humour with the riding comment.)

I try to give back to Boards in any way I can. I've supported and attended numerous functions, have volunteered to do work for the SSF, have donated money for quite a length of time now. I've set up a forum specifically to help Boards poker players improve their win rate and understanding of the game. I report posts regularly, I raise issues with Smods/Cmods etc regularly over shills/spammers.
    I don't do it in an attempt to get treated preferentially, I do it to help out in the community, as I will continue to do so in the future.
    Yet, I do get banned. Ask WWM, he can attest to the amount of times I've been banned from AH, F&A along with numerous other forums.
    Quality wrote:
    As for what I can do with you... I dont need your advice, If I wish to read your comments and post a comment reflecting my feelings towards it, whether I agree or disagree with you I will. I am mature enough not to need to feel I have to refrain from reading your posts.

Yes but I don't want to have to enter petty little arguments with you every time you stick your nose into a thread about me that has nothing to do with you. I actually think we could get along quite well if it weren't for this attitude towards me. It's unnecessary and just creates bad vibes on the website, along with making it appear unfriendly to the passer by.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement