Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who will the Liverpool fans cheer on tomorrow night?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Predhead

hunter164 wrote: »
    Oh yes it does.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

5ForKeeps wrote: »
    I can't defend any of the actions of Liverpool fans in heysel as was only 1 year old back then. Where was this about Liverpool robbing there own fans in Istanbul? What happened at Old Trafford in the cup-semi was a disgrace fair enough. I sound bitter ye too right having to listen too your so-called Johnny come lately's since 1993 banging on how they so much about football they don't have a clue about what happened with Utd before 93, singing the glory glory hunting brigade along through til now. Utd fans were so sickened, 3-0 Liverpool were down to Milan your fellow fans were dancing like the were in the final itself, after 65 mins where did they go back to their mammy's because they are just a bitter too in that case? As for Benitez been a hypocrite, the man speaks his mind.

lol and you supporting Liverpool had nothing to do whatsoever with their history of success?

I can't defend any of the actions of Liverpool fans in heysel as was only 1 year old back then. Where was this about Liverpool robbing there own fans in Istanbul? What happened at Old Trafford in the cup-semi was a disgrace fair enough. I sound bitter ye too right having to listen too your so-called Johnny come lately's since 1993 banging on how they so much about football they don't have a clue about what happened with Utd before 93, singing the glory glory hunting brigade along through til now. Utd fans were so sickened, 3-0 Liverpool were down to Milan your fellow fans were dancing like the were in the final itself, after 65 mins where did they go back to their mammy's because they are just a bitter too in that case? As for Benitez been a hypocrite, the man speaks his mind.

And Liverpool fans wouldn't have done the same if it was the other way around? Of course they would. Liverpool have a glory hunting brigade too, probably the fans that started support them in the 70's and 80's. What's your point? I pity you, I would hate to be so bitter. Do you think Liverpool give a fcuk about you personally? They don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

I don't see a thread saying who will Barca fans be cheering for. So why are Pool fans singled out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

RasTa wrote: »
    hahah god I love it.

Stop lying lloyd, you have no affinity for Chelsea. You just wanna see Ronaldo cry and then label him average!

Ah you have me all figured out. Utd can win all they like but once Ronaldo gives away the ball every single time he gets it I'll have a wry smile on my face all right.

Hope you have the next day off work - a 6:15am start the next day would be rough!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I wont be watching it, going to the cinema with herself. The reason being that i couldnt bare to see Gary Neville, Ronaldo and Ferguson holding up the trophy. I'll have enough of it in the papers for the next few days and too many texts on my phone telling me all about it, i wont need to watch it.

Would rather Chelsea lift it just so i dont have to listen to anyone bragging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Mad_Max wrote: »
    I can't understand how a fan could cheer on another team no matter what.

If it was Chelsea - Barcelona I wouldn't be cheering either of them.

If your a Liverpool fan surely your loyalty is to Liverpool and you wouldnt want a rival english team doing better than them? Id go with Barca there for sure.

Regarding Man United. If Liverpool arent competing id always be for the other team unless it benifited Liverpool.

Of course it is to bear a reaction. I have given mine i hate Man U and Chelsea. Growing up here as a youngster in the 90's listening to Utd fans and even now a bunch of glory hunting fans who jumped on the bandwagon in 1993. The fact that someone mentioned Utd only spent a hundred grand on Clayton Blackmore shows the lack of knowledge of how much money Utd spent on players.

And another thing, Utd sold a hell of a lot of players to get money for transfers.

I actually said a few hundred grand but whatever, it's not important.

And so what if I don't know the value of every Utd transfer?! You're nit-picking because you've no real comeback.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Ah you have me all figured out. Utd can win all they like but once Ronaldo gives away the ball every single time he gets it I'll have a wry smile on my face all right.

Hope you have the next day off work - a 6:15am start the next day would be rough!

He probably will and all!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭5ForKeeps

Predhead wrote: »
    And Liverpool fans wouldn't have done the same if it was the other way around? Of course they would. Liverpool have a glory hunting brigade too, probably the fans that started support them in the 70's and 80's. What's your point? I pity you, I would hate to be so bitter. Do you think Liverpool give a fcuk about you personally? They don't.

What can i say i am so so bitter i will just kill myself...ya feckin dope, i hate Man U so feckin what..i don't know you, you have no significant influence. Does any club care for it's fans no they don't i support Liverpool like anyone supports their own club. Utd = Liverpool's firecest rivals, of course i am going to hate them and i know Utd fans feel likewise.

As for the glory hunting brigade, i can only go on my generation i grew up with, even some of those Utd fans changed to Newcastle,Blackburn, Arsenal and now Chelsea when the weather suited them. Any fans like that who then go back a supporting Utd is what i am referring to as glory hunting. Any Utd fans i do have respect for but i still don't like the club itself. My brothers grew up during the late 60's, 70's and 80's, My first brother started supporting Liverpool in 71 so it has preceded from there in my family.

I will leave it at that, why do i have to defend myself why i don't want Utd to win tomorrow night or hate them, as it is clear to me i am just been wound up here...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

hunter164 wrote: »
    I don't see a thread saying who will Barca fans be cheering for. So why are Pool fans singled out?

Because of the Rivalry with Chelsea and the Rivalry/Hatred of Manchester United.

Would be the same as asking Real Madrid fans would they rather see Atheletico or Barca win the Champions League I persume...

What can i say i am so so bitter i will just kill myself...ya feckin dope, i hate Man U so feckin what..i don't know you, you have no significant influence. Does any club care for it's fans no they don't i support Liverpool like anyone supports their own club. Utd = Liverpool's firecest rivals, of course i am going to hate them and i know Utd fans feel likewise.

As for the glory hunting brigade, i can only go on my generation i grew up with, even some of those Utd fans changed to Newcastle,Blackburn, Arsenal and now Chelsea when the weather suited them. Any fans like that who then go back a supporting Utd is what i am referring to as glory hunting. Any Utd fans i do have respect for but i still don't like the club itself. My brothers grew up during the late 60's, 70's and 80's, My first brother started supporting Liverpool in 71 so it has preceded from there in my family.

I will leave it at that, why do i have to defend myself why i don't want Utd to win tomorrow night or hate them, as it is clear to me i am just been wound up here...

You don't but I was just arguing with the fact you said Utd bought success and it escalated. My friends hate Utd too, I don't care. I'm just trying understand why you seem condiserably more hate-filled than any 'Pool fan I've come across. It's clear to see you've no argument for what I said so you've resorted to calling me names. Typical 'Pool fan. :D I'll leave it at that.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I don't think I will even watch it tbh. If I do it will be only the football, no build up, no half time stuff, no trophy presentation etc. I don't like Chelsea, but I can't bear to see United win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭5ForKeeps

And another thing, Utd sold a hell of a lot of players to get money for transfers.

I actually said a few hundred grand but whatever, it's not important.

And so what if I don't know the value of every Utd transfer?! You're nit-picking because you've no real comeback.

Nit-Picking...Check the link below my friend and see how much he spent in his first 7 seasons to win the league.

http://www.soccerbase.com/transfers_by_team.sd?teamid=1724

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Bit of a crap thread, however Id just like to point out that had it been a Liverpool final, I wouldnt have minded Liverpool winning as much as long as the game is entertaining. Thats why I would never begrudge them their win against Milan in Istanbul - it was a truly great game. I would expect the same in return however and hope that above all else, Liverpool fans would want an exciting game and a United win rather than a boring game and a Chelsea win.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Death or Glory

Great thread.

Even funnier when you consider tomorrow night is merely the warm up to the REAL final on sunday :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Will be going for Chelsea...

Simple reason really, there is less Chelsea fans about than United fans. I actually have begrudging respect for United and really like watching them play but have a major dislike for a large percentage of their fans.

It is weird, some United fans going on about how they have 17 or 18 league championships doesn't really bother me. It is the ****ing tools who really don't have a clue that keep going on about have 10 premier league titles.

Nit-Picking...Check the link below my friend and see how much he spent in his first 7 seasons to win the league.

http://www.soccerbase.com/transfers_by_team.sd?teamid=1724

Did you know Liverpool have always spent big money to? Especially the times when you won the most

but also since 1993, Liverpool have a bigger net spend than Man Utd

:D:rolleyes:

It is weird, some United fans going on about how they have 17 or 18 league championships doesn't really bother me. It is the ****ing tools who really don't have a clue that keep going on about have 10 premier league titles.

Yeah that annoys me to. Tools

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

DSB wrote: »
    Eh why do football teams sicken you? I can understand people being against Abramovich and his idea that he can buy success but what have Man United ever done to sicken anyone?

alex ferguson?

• Advertisement

DSB wrote:
    Eh why do football teams sicken you? I can understand people being against Abramovich and his idea that he can buy success but what have Man United ever done to sicken anyone?

Hmmm I really don't want to get this but you are obviously going to have a different view than fans of most oppossing clubs. I am 28 now and while growing up, United had an extremely large number of really dislikeable characters in their team - Neville, Beckham and Cantona being just 3. Most of them were extremely good players but they were arrogant pricks and very much the public face of the club. United had loads of wonderful players at the time and still do who just got on with it and didn't crave atention - Scholes and Giggs for example.

Then there was the band wagon jumping fans that supported Aston Villa because a few Irish players played there for a few years and then gradually jumped ship to become United supports as they started to win some trophies. Regardless of what club they support, I have an intense dislike for fans of this nature. Kids who support the biggest club of the era as their first club is one thing but jumping between clubs as they become successful is a shambles.

Then think of the reasons why you dislike Wenger or Mourinho as a United supporter. These lads have basically emulated what Ferguson has been doing for 2 decades. You will see what quite a few people really dislike Ferguson.

Quite alot of the dislike some have for United is also down to jealousy but there is also alot more to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

Unearthly wrote: »
    Yeah that annoys me to. Tools

+1,

When United won the league last week my brother came straight up to my house wearing his united jersey(which i hadn't seen all year) with his g/f who is from manchester, and proceeded to gloat about winning something. I asked if they saw the match?...."no"......did they know the result?....."no"...did they know what they won?....."Yeah, the trophy!!!!":confused:
    I almost got sick, they wouldnt know soccer if it was on in their back yard, yet jump on the bandwagon when their team wins something.
    Im not saying all United fans are like this, but they have more of em than any other club. And they are 90% of why I dont like to see United win.......

Well,that and being a Chelsea fan;)

edit:@ jesus_thats_gre: before you go developing an intense hatred of my brother, fwiw he never jumped ship, he just never had a ****ing clue to start with lol

It's not that all clubs don't have their bandwagon jumpers as they do. Chelsea's fan base must have increased 10 fold in the past 5 years for example. I would even go as far as saying that most clubs actually need supporters like this in order to be as competitive as possible.

I guess the problems stem from that fact that it tends to be younger teenage lads that would jump ship. Being young, they are obviously immature and this obviously means they are going to mouth off about whatever successes they have.

As I was growing up, it was United. Fellas now are probably experiencing it with Chelsea fans. Lads in the 70's or 80's were probably experiencing it from Liverpool supporters.

I don't have any objection to fans celebrating or whatever. I just hate listening to fools and over enthusiastic fans who think their club can do no wrong. For anyone who has any doubts, I regularly ask Mr. Alan to tone it down on the Liverpool thread.

really dislikeable characters in their team - Neville, Beckham and Cantona being just 3.

and keane the worst of the lot for me.

OPENROAD wrote: »
    and keane the worst of the lot for me.

Hmm more so for the World Cup incidents more than anything.

United had an extremely large number of really dislikeable characters in their team - Neville, Beckham and Cantona being just 3.

Beckham is hardly what you would call arrogant now to be fair... :confused:

Hmm more so for the World Cup incidents more than anything.

actually thought the whole world cup thing was funny, for me it was his time at utd, a very good player but **** attitude.

Actually didn't mind Beckham and Giggs has always come over fair in interviews.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

DSB wrote: »

They buy their success too. All the big achievers do. Biggest wad wins!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I was pretty happy for ze Pool when they won it, just for a footballing achievement as it was some comeback against a team that destroyed us that year. Some pretty bitter Pool fans on here but nowhere will come close to the comedy gold of pure bitterness and childishness that is RAWK.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=220740.0

Yeah I have the Thurs off Lloyd and it's 05:45!

This should help ye decide

WHY WE SHOULD SUPPORT MANYOO...

* They have undoubtedly been the most impressive team in currently the finest league in Europe so they are already - in theory at least - the best in the business. That this should be rewarded with the actual trophy seems in some way The Way It Should Be.

* They do have some likeable players - namely Nemanja Vidic, Patrice Evra and Carlos Tevez - whom it is actually quite tricky to wish ill upon.

* Paul Scholes is one of the lingering remnants of a time before bling and it would warm most cockles to see him achieve what he missed in 1999.

* They're the only thing standing between John Terry and the Champions League trophy.

* Peter Kenyon.

* Ronaldo may well bugger off to Real Madrid if they win, believing he's achieved everything he can with ManYoo.

* In Lyon, Roma and Barcelona they have beaten three of the best teams in France, Spain and Italy while Chelski have only had to face England's fourth-best side and the finest football Greece and Turkey has to offer. There's definitely a theory building that United have earned one final triumph.

* It might stop Clive Tyldesley mentioning "that night in Barcelona".

* For all of Ronaldo's faults...he's not Didier Drogba.

* The closer ManYoo get to 'five times' the more Liverpool fans will be getting worried. And there's little that's more entertaining than a defensive Scouser.

WHY WE SHOULD SUPPORT CHELSKI...

* It's always so much more civilised (and a lot less gloat-tastic) if trophies are shared around. Four trophies, four winners is a lovely outcome for the neutral.

* Avram Grant could dispel the 'Special One' myth once and for all, by achieving what Jose Mourinho completely failed to achieve while Chelski manager.

* To avoid the 'is this the greatest ManYoo team ever?' bollix that we will undoubtedly have to endure if ManYoo win.

* We English love an underdog. And on this occasion, Chelski are the underdog.

* Despite the presence of Ashley Cole, Drogba and Terry, they do have some likeable players. The form of Ricardo Carvalho, Petr Cech and Michael Essien in particular over the last two years is probably deserving of a Champions League medal.

* Rio Ferdinand and Ronaldo will probably cry if ManYoo lose. Who wouldn't want to see that?

* Ji-Sung Park, John O'Shea and Darren Fletcher should be nowhere near the title of 'European champion'.

* To see Sir Alex Ferguson's face turn redder than Red Square.

* To irritate all the millions of ManYoo 'fans' who would otherwise celebrate in your face on Thursday morning, despite the fact that you support Huddersfield Town and dream of nothing more than a League One play-off place.

* Because who chooses the devil when the deep blue sea is an option?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

The eyes have it! Chelski for the CL!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,097 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Won't cheer or support either team. Will just watch the match.

Would dislike it less if Chelsea won it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

The eyes have it! Chelski for the CL!

As a football fan first and Manu second, i really hope for footballing reasons Manu win and i think most football fans would secretly feel the same. I have a feeling that we are going to win as well.

All liverpool fans want manu to fail as was the same for Manu fans wanting liverpool to fail against AC Milan. Its the nature of clubs because we are both so successful plus the fact Manu are catching up on liverpool's League record and Champions league record.

I expect nothing less from most Liverpool fans to cheer Chelski on. I'm not trying to bait liverpool fans either incase some suggest this, i am just stating facts and most of know already :-).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

Ill be cheering for chelsea, for thesimple fact that i hate man u and i hate the constant tripe that their fans talk when it comes to football.

Couldnt even sell out there champions league final - and then they are teh best supported team in the world. Ha Ha what a joke.

I hope chelsea hide them and i hope ronaldo is found out on a world stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

well, as a chelsea fan...
    blah blah blah,
    tries to produce an unbiased prediction,but fails
    come on the blues!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

I would only like utd to win if they let paul scholes lift the trophy...but that tit ferdinand will probably get to lift it.

In the end I suppose I would like Chelsea to win.

I dont want utd catching all our records....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭KERPAL

I would only like utd to win if they let paul scholes lift the trophy...but that tit ferdinand will probably get to lift it.

Your ignorance disturbs me, Giggs will lift the trophy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Both teams have some really dislikeable players. There are few humans I find as objectionable as C. Ronaldo. He is football's equivalent of Hitler. Chelsea have their fair share too (Drogba, Terry, Cole). But I guess there is merit in the arguement that its better to go out to the eventual winners...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

KERPAL wrote: »
    Your ignorance disturbs me, Giggs will lift the trophy.

I dont care in the end but if there is any righteousness left in the world Scholes should lift the trophy.

• Advertisement

AdrianII wrote: »
    Ill be cheering for chelsea, for thesimple fact that i hate man u and i hate the constant tripe that their fans talk when it comes to football.

Couldnt even sell out there champions league final - and then they are teh best supported team in the world. Ha Ha what a joke.

I hope chelsea hide them and i hope ronaldo is found out on a world stage

*Yawn* Name a clubs whose fans don't talk tripe?

The expense of this year's final in Moscow is quite a lot compared to others, seriously I looked into to going but can't..would need more time off work than I have left too to get there and back. Some people have to get a train from China.

In the end I suppose I would like Chelsea to win.

I dont want utd catching all our records....

People will say anything to justify bitterness.

People will say anything to justify bitterness.
    You could sing that if you had a tune.

RE*AC*TOR wrote: »
    Both teams have some really dislikeable players. There are few humans I find as objectionable as C. Ronaldo. He is football's equivalent of Hitler. Chelsea have their fair share too (Drogba, Terry, Cole). But I guess there is merit in the arguement that its better to go out to the eventual winners...

Statements like this are so stupid. Can you say that from first hand experience? No, didn't think so. Well I for one can and I can assure you, he's a very, very nice guy. Not going into how kinda know him etc because it's long! You know himm as well as you do any other player, in that you don't.

Statements like this are so stupid. Can you say that from first hand experience? No, didn't think so. Well I for one can and I can assure you, he's a very, very nice guy. Not going into how kinda know him etc because it's long! You know am as well as you do any other player.

A lot of people said Hitler was a very nice guy. They were wrong, he was a monster. You are wrong. Ronaldo is a disgrace to humanity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

*Yawn* Name a clubs whose fans don't talk tripe?

The expense of this year's final in Moscow is quite a lot compared to others, seriously I looked into to going but can't..would need more time off work than I have left too to get there and back. Some people have to get a train from China.

your right it was expensive, but your team is in the CL final, i traveled to athens lst year, took me guts of 9 hours with transfers and delays. Where there is a will there is a way, and if we get to a final again, please god i will travel again

• Advertisement

A lot of people said Hitler was a very nice guy. They were wrong, he was a monster. You are wrong. Ronaldo is a disgrace to humanity.

awww does it hurt he scores lots of goals :*(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

Just curious, you follow liverpool?

AdrianII wrote: »
    your right it was expensive, but your team is in the CL final, i traveled to athens lst year, took me guts of 9 hours with transfers and delays. Where there is a will there is a way, and if we get to a final again, please god i will travel again

Hmmm I know Liverpool fans who didn't go that due to expense but good on ya for going, seriously. I really just couldn't go, impossible for me personally. But I've checked it out anyway and the prices are astronomical.

OK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,848 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Ive just read some awful sh!te here im sorry, and expected it too. I saw the word rape and that was enough. you support liverpool, it comes with territory to dislike Manchester United. Visa versa.

Im a massive United fan, I dont hate Liverpool at all. In fact, if I didnt have to listen to all the rubbing in I would rather Liverpool have won the CL than Chelsea if it were they who were in the final and not United. But hey Im prob in the minority.

Just when your posting, try not to post absolute bullsh!t.

• Advertisement
Advertisement