Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who will the Liverpool fans cheer on tomorrow night?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭KERPAL

I dont care in the end but if there is any righteousness left in the world Scholes should lift the trophy.

Giggs won it TEN TIMES....

thats Ten more than you boys i should think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,848 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

5ForKeeps wrote: »
    Add Gary Pallister, Gary Parker, Mark Hughes, Paul Ince, Danny Wallace, Denis Irwin to name a few to the equation in the time in the 80's when the were bought were big fees there is probably more too. Utd spent some amount money back in the 80's under Fergie to get up there with Liverpool and in the 90's spent more than any manager at a club. Yorke, Stam, Cole add Keane, Cantona, May, Berg, Taibi, Blomqvist all big money back in the day and times.

Gary Parker? and in the 80s? Denis Irwin big money? David May big money? Silly point anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Did Utd fail to sell out their ticket allocation for the final? Seriously? Can't believe that it could be true. If so, lolclublackingrealfanaments.

RasTa wrote: »
    I was pretty happy for ze Pool when they won it, just for a footballing achievement as it was some comeback against a team that destroyed us that year. Some pretty bitter Pool fans on here but nowhere will come close to the comedy gold of pure bitterness and childishness that is RAWK.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=220740.0

Yeah I have the Thurs off Lloyd and it's 05:45!

:eek:

Yeah, as a Liverpool fan I can't stand RAWK. Little other than ridiculously biased and unintelligent rubbish gets posted there. But that can be said for all club forums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Any scouser worth his salt that I know is hoping United get well and truly stuffed.
    I haven't got any to admit they think Chelsea have a better chance of stopping United (who, let's face it, look like they've had their name on this trophy from Day One) than they would have, but they're not that thick.

The scousers would like United's European Cup tally to stay at 2.
    Would that the League number could stay so static.

You aren't actually Scousers sorry. By and large you're Irish people who support Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    :eek:

Yeah, as a Liverpool fan I can't stand RAWK. Little other than ridiculously biased and unintelligent rubbish gets posted there. But that can be said for all club forums.

and this forum to it seems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Archimedes wrote: »
    Beckham is hardly what you would call arrogant now to be fair... :confused:

More his early years.. You see the same look of arrogance in Ronaldo's face when he scores..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭KERPAL

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Did Utd fail to sell out their ticket allocation for the final? Seriously? Can't believe that it could be true. If so, lolclublackingrealfanaments.

It isnt true, apparently russians might have ****ed up tickets tho so stadium mitn be full.........

More his early years.. You see the same look of arrogance in Ronaldo's face when he scores..

To be fair I don't beleive it's arrogance if they can back it up. Wouldn't call their celebrations arrogance.

An example of Ronaldo being arrogant was after the Barca match he said he would score in the 2nd leg(which he didn't)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭heyjude

Liverpool fans are the ultimate ABUs, so they'll all be cheering for Chelski tomorrow, hell they'd probably become Sun readers before they'd be seen cheering United

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Chelsea.

Mainly because I hope they cause great upset to Man U fans like this...
    Mad_Max wrote: »
    I can't understand how a fan could cheer on another team no matter what.

If it was Chelsea - Barcelona I wouldn't be cheering either of them.

zAbbo wrote: »
    Where's the Russian Police option?

Heh :)

, police, Moscow, Chelsea, theyre all mafia run :)

heyjude wrote: »
    Liverpool fans are the ultimate ABUs, so they'll all be cheering for Chelski tomorrow, hell they'd probably become Sun readers before they'd be seen cheering United

Nah, I don't think that is true tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭DerKaiser

I know pool fans who would rather see UTD win, strange as it may sounds, one actually stated Chelsea were healing the the divide between pool and UTD, strange people pool fans

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

DerKaiser wrote: »
    I know pool fans who would rather see UTD win, strange as it may sounds, one actually stated Chelsea were healing the the divide between pool and UTD, strange people pool fans

Jaysus, I doubt there are many of them around. I work with a fair few pool fans and they took the night off work tomorrow just to cheer on Chelsea. I also know a Spurs fan who would prefer Chelsea to win too.
    I just obvious jealousy against the most exciting team in the world to watch.

Anyway 2-0 win to Utd tmw night, Tevez to score first. GO ON!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Predhead

bantee wrote: »
    Jaysus, I doubt there are many of them around. I work with a fair few pool fans and they took the night off work tomorrow just to cheer on Chelsea. I also know a Spurs fan who would prefer Chelsea to win too.
    I just obvious jealousy against the most exciting team in the world to watch.

Anyway 2-0 win to Utd tmw night, Tevez to score first. GO ON!!!!

Jeez that's really sad. I remember watching the '99 final with a bunch of 'Pool fans who rushed out to buy Bayern jersey's. Don't remember seeing one Utd fan wearing a Milan top last year or in '05 (anywhere around where I live anyway).

But yeah I reckon Tevez will score alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Unearthly wrote: »
    awww does it hurt he scores lots of goals :*(
    Nah, I have liked plenty of UTD players over the years. Thought Cantona was a legend. Ronaldo though is the most egotistical, "look at me" player I've ever seen. I get the impression that if UTD score and he isn't the centre of it, then he's pissed off. I know UTD fans who feel the same way.

RE*AC*TOR wrote: »
    Nah, I have liked plenty of UTD players over the years. Thought Cantona was a legend. Ronaldo though is the most egotistical, "look at me" player I've ever seen. I get the impression that if UTD score and he isn't the centre of it, then he's pissed off. I know UTD fans who feel the same way.

Fair enough

still think calling him a disgrace to humanity is uncalled for

I just think he needs to tone down the arrogance and petulence when a decision goes against him. As a Utd fan, he is the most exciting talent to watch since Cantona, and he can become more of a legend if he stays for a few more years and wins the CL tmw, and adds more trophies over the coming years.

Predhead wrote: »
    Jeez that's really sad. I remember watching the '99 final with a bunch of 'Pool fans who rushed out to buy Bayern jersey's. Don't remember seeing one Utd fan wearing a Milan top last year or in '05 (anywhere around where I live anyway).

But yeah I reckon Tevez will score alright.

It was really sad, Sports 2000 in Limerick were actually selling them half price and old Bayern jerseys very cheap. Obviously a Liverpool fan as manager or owner!
    I mean, I don't like to see L'pool being successful either but wouldn't go to these lengths to support the other team.
    I would have preferred them in the final anyway cos they are easier to beat! :D

• Advertisement

I just think he needs to tone down the arrogance and petulence when a decision goes against him. As a Utd fan, he is the most exciting talent to watch since Cantona, and he can become more of a legend if he stays for a few more years and wins the CL tmw, and adds more trophies over the coming years.

I totally agree. I disagree with opposing fans' ridiculous overreaction towards him. Basically what they dislike in the player.

I totally agree. I disagree with opposing fans' ridiculous overreaction towards him. Basically what they dislike in the player.

Its because basically every other supporter would love it if he was in their team! Liverpool fans would be drooling of the thought of Ronaldo and Torres in the same team. They have been dreaming of getting a quality wide player for years now! :D
    MacManaman was the last decent winger they had.
    A lot of the responses in the thread in general are sour grapes that they aren't in Moscow tmw night.

A lot of the responses in the thread in general are sour grapes that they aren't in Moscow tmw night.

We'd be the same in all fairness. But thats not to say there arent sour grapes, both it goes BOTH ways.

Tbh I didnt watch much of either final Liverpool were in, funnily enough the only part of the 2005 match I saw was the 15 or so mins where the Scousers scored 3.... I turned it off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

But this is the sorta guy who LOVES celebrating other people goals
    rio-celebration.jpg

which is why i cant stomach him either, in much the same as ronaldo. i have no problem admitting that both of them are very good players, but that doesn't mean i have to like them.

I cant decide who i want to win, or who i want to lose more. I'm a 'pool supporter, i have annoying united supporting mates who will be annoying me if they win, i cant stand rio and sir alex, van de sarr and ronaldo.
    But at the same time i hate Chelsea because they have brought football to a new level of money driven professionalism in England. Sure there was guys moving clubs just for the cash before they became rich, but I didnt feel it was so blatent and I hate to see them win anything (and also could list off players that make my skin crawl to watch them walk around so smugly.)
    And it will be sickening to see Chelsea added to the elite roll of honor clubs like Liverpool, Man Utd and errrrr Nottingham Forest, Aston Villa who have won european cups.

To be honest, I just hope its a good match, and the team that wins are the team who tries to and plays the best most postitve football on the night, but regardless of who wins the losing team will whinge and moan about a penalty or something for all eternity as thats the ethics of modern football anymore and its rare that credit where credit is due is given to rivals in big pressure situations.

FFS, he's clearly celebrating that the TEAM have scored. Every player celebrates when someone on their team scores. That's a stupid comment. As I said before, people will say anything to justify bitterness.

Oh my God it's Stevie Me! And look, he's celebrating a goal Agger scored. :rolleyes:

chel_005_470x336.jpg

• Advertisement

FFS, he's clearly celebrating that the TEAM have scored. Every player celebrates when someone on their team scores. That's a stupid comment. As I said before, people will say anything to justify bitterness.

I know its a stupid comment, but who says the comment before about Ronaldo hating when someone scores is an entirely subjective comment?
    I acknowledge that Rio is a really good player, but I explained the reason why I dislike him?

Oh and on Steve-Me he is usually up that end of the field to share in the celebration......Rio covers some some serious ground for his stage dives :D

gucci wrote: »
    I know its a stupid comment, but who says the comment before about Ronaldo hating when someone scores is an entirely subjective comment?
    I acknowledge that Rio is a really good player, but I explained the reason why I dislike him?

Oh and on Steve-Me he is usually up that end of the field to share in the celebration......Rio covers some some serious ground for his stage dives :D

I know but to mention the fact he runs an extra 20 yards or so to celebrate is silly. I hope he scores tonight and does a lap!! :D

I know but to mention the fact he runs an extra 20 yards or so to celebrate is silly. I hope he scores tonight and does a lap!! :D

Which would also be silly. Celebrations in general is silly, a clap on the back and get on with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

and after the match a line

A line which I'm guessing you may just have crossed with that allegation

Which would also be silly. Celebrations in general is silly, a clap on the back and get on with it.

So u have a problem with 90% of footballers so.

U do know that when u score for your Sunday league team that its not the same rush as scoring in front of 80 thousand people, probably earning yourself a 5 grand bonus for scoring, helping yourself win trophies that will see you go down in club folklore etc, but yea I agree, how dare they get excited.

• Advertisement

and after the match a line

FFS, and u base that on what evidence now??

FFS, and u base that on what evidence now??
    "forgetting" to go to drug tests?

"forgetting" to go to drug tests?

Ok, he was informed he had missed it and took the test 2 hours later and passed it. So in effect, a passed dugs test, thats basis to accuse him of cocaine use now? Maybe slag him off for being a dozy bastard, its justified but thats this ludicrous and completely uncalled for.

So u have a problem with 90% of footballers so.

U do know that when u score for your Sunday league team that its not the same rush as scoring in front of 80 thousand people, probably earning yourself a 5 grand bonus for scoring, helping yourself win trophies that will see you go down in club folklore etc, but yea I agree, how dare they get excited.

So scoring against Middlesborough is going down in club folklore? Ah it all makes sense now!
    Yeah I probably do have a problem with 90% of footballers, but that shows what a spiteful B****x i am. I understand the rush of scoring a goal (wouldnt be scoring bags of them....but i know it feels great), but covering 40-50 yards to mount the guy who scored is the bit I could never be arsed doing, maybe thats the 5grand bonus that separates them guys from me.

Ok, he was informed he had missed it and took the test 2 hours later and passed it.

I thought it was 36 hours later? And cocaine can only be detected in urine for about 2-4 days after use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

so? its called passion, your team have just scored, hell van der sar celebrated with the team over the other end of the pitch when giggsy got the goal that gave them the Premier league! its called the joy of football, itrs a n emotional game and if any player wants to celebrate with thair team its allowed!

and anyway that goal could have been scored from a corner, rio goes up for corners so he could have already been up there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Me i shall be sitting down in front of the tv. Turn sky to channel 448 at 7:30 and watch the Road to Istanbul and then at 8pm kick-off starts of the greastest ever European Cup Final.

so? its called passion, your team have just scored, hell van der sar celebrated with the team over the other end of the pitch when giggsy got the goal that gave them the Premier league! its called the joy of football, itrs a n emotional game and if any player wants to celebrate with thair team its allowed!

and anyway that goal could have been scored from a corner, rio goes up for corners so he could have already been up there!

That I can understand.

Look, this was a thread where I was trying to outlline why i wouldnt be happy seeing either Chelsea or Man U tonight, so that proves im a bitter fecker from the start, maybe we should have the "goal celebrations are stupid Vs the goal celebrations are essential" thread in a few weeks when we have no football to discuss!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

5ForKeeps wrote: »
    Hate both clubs for reasons that are clear as day...but from a historical point of view i would want Chelsea to win...not even going to watch the match the two of them sicken me so much. QUOTE]

I'm with you ! Only going for Chelski cos I know less of their supporters , so wont have to listen to them . Some of my friends are from Manchester and they would be unbearable .

Think you'll find Munich happened first and there were songs about that first. But nevermind the facts eh.

What about Liverpool fans robbing their own fans in Turkey 3 years ago for a ticket? Liverpool fans getting English clubs banned from Europe for 5 years? Liverpool fans destroying Old Trafford - tearing up seats, breaking urinals and writing things about Harold Shippman on the walls?

Every club has a bad element, Utd included, but I've never come across a more disgusting set of fans than Liverpools bad element.

Also you're using examples for an argument you can't possibly win, Rafa is a hypocrite, so is Fergie, so is Avram Grant etc. All fans have distasteful songs about another club..I could go on! Seriously you sound so bitter. It's football and unfortunately there are a lot of tossers supporting a lot of clubs. Live with it, or be very very unhappy for the rest of your supporting life.

Here we go fan bashing.

If you get your facts right you will know it was Maggie Thachter who asked UEFA to ban English teams traveling to Europe, UEFA were just going to fine Liverpool until she stepped in.

I guess you did not see the You Tube video *i cant search is its blocked here in work* where it had the Man Utd fans fighting with each other in the Charity shield.

Have you never seen pictures from Anfields away end after a Utd game? Writen on seats 96 was not enough.

• Advertisement

Here we go fan bashing.

If you get your facts right you will know it was Maggie Thachter who asked UEFA to ban English teams traveling to Europe, UEFA were just going to fine Liverpool until she stepped in.

I guess you did not see the You Tube video *i cant search is its blocked here in work* where it had the Man Utd fans fighting with each other in the Charity shield.

Have you never seen pictures from Anfields away end after a Utd game? Writen on seats 96 was not enough.

Ok, can u not get this BOTH clubs have their muppet element. Uniteds fans Ive spoken to have little empathy for some other clubs because from 1958 until the 80s they had to contend with being called the "Munichs" and having to listen to "Whos that dyin on the runway" This video shows Liverpool fans THIS SEASON singin "Whos that Dying on the runway (3 mins 50 seconds in) so it goes both ways.
    RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    I thought it was 36 hours later? And cocaine can only be detected in urine for about 2-4 days after use.
    It was later that day IIRC. He got phoned and told to get in and do it.

Now accusing him of cocaine use with no proof (he passed the test remember) is trolling of the highest order and he knows it.

It was later that day IIRC. He got phoned and told to get in and do it.

http://www.chinadaily.net/en/doc/2003-10/30/content_276983.htm
    Ferdinand missed a random dope test on September 23 at his club's Carrington training ground, though he passed a test 36 hours after the scheduled one.

http://worldsoccer.about.com/cs/theposts/a/riorio.htm
    A Manchester United and England star, Rio Ferdinand, misses a drug test through forgetfulness. Thirty six hours later he provides a sample which tests negative.

http://www.chinadaily.net/en/doc/2003-10/30/content_276983.htm
    Ferdinand missed a random dope test on September 23 at his club's Carrington training ground, though he passed a test 36 hours after the scheduled one.

http://worldsoccer.about.com/cs/theposts/a/riorio.htm
    A Manchester United and England star, Rio Ferdinand, misses a drug test through forgetfulness. Thirty six hours later he provides a sample which tests negative.
    Fair enough. My memory is goin hazy in my old age.

Regardless, theres no grounds for accusing him unless he failed a test, which he didnt.

Regardless, theres no grounds for accusing him unless he failed a test, which he didnt.

Michelle Smith never failed a test either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

i love the way this thread is gone!
    as usual anything to do with pool manu ends up as playground sh1t.
    and liverpool arent even playing.

i hope chelsea win it tonight as some team as to and i couldnt bear Utd. i mean they cant even sell out the reduced capacity stadium for it. but they are great fans!!! the solution is to have the final in OT with prawn sandwiches and all!
    the fans on here seem more intent on liverpool fans opinions then on the game. its weird!

and to an earlier poster who said chelsea bought success. well the combined cost of both squads is approx £40m difference(or 1 shevchenko) and Utd have had larger individual transfers.
    every team these days aims to buy success, Utd fans just forget this because 10-15 years ago they produced 5 home grown players.

as a pool fan i would love if we had the spending power of either club.:(

prendy wrote: »
    i love the way this thread is gone!
    as usual anything to do with pool manu ends up as playground sh1t.
    and liverpool arent even playing.

i hope chelsea win it tonight as some team as to and i couldnt bear Utd. i mean they cant even sell out the reduced capacity stadium for it. but they are great fans!!! the solution is to have the final in OT with prawn sandwiches and all!
    the fans on here seem more intent on liverpool fans opinions then on the game. its weird!

and to an earlier poster who said chelsea bought success. well the combined cost of both squads is approx £40m difference(or 1 shevchenko) and Utd have had larger individual transfers.
    every team these days aims to buy success, Utd fans just forget this because 10-15 years ago they produced 5 home grown players.

as a pool fan i would love if we had the spending power of either club.:(
    Sometimes I wonder why i bother, but here goes.

Maybe you should check your facts before you post. United have sold out their allocation, as have Chelsea. Uniteds tickets have been sold since last week. So your wrong buddy. That took me about 30 seconds, but no, u just had to go spouting lies without checking their validity.

Secondly, United were successful before they started spending, they spend to maintain it, as does everyone else. Chelsea on the other hand spent to get there.

Pool have spent nearly as much as United have in the last 6 years..... only problem is most of that is wasted money on crap players.

Oh my God it's Stevie Me! And look, he's celebrating a goal Agger scored. :rolleyes:

chel_005_470x336.jpg

Yea cause he set it up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

This thread is some load of b0llocks. All it is, is some United and Liverpool fans looking to get one over on each other.

Pretty sad tbh.

Yea cause he set it up

So only because he set it up? You're arguing the point like he never celebrates a goal his team scores in which he wasn't involved, which is stupid. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

No i am just pointing out in that picture that Gerrard had set up the goal.

For those Liverpools fans going on about Rio running from the back to celebrate they must have miss Pepe running up to celebrate with Babel after he scored the last goal in the Arsenal game

Advertisement