Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official: Moffat to take over from RTD

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Pleased I am

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,043 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Woohoo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Well, thats my reason to drink in celebration this weekend.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

By the giddy aunts of Mondas - this is great news :D Finally someone who seems content with writing intelligently in charge and not trying to sell the latest item of merchandise admidst farting aliens...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

YAY!!!! Blinky Sally Sparrow goodness!!! Doctor Dancing not Daughtering!!! Lots of exclamations!!!! Not as many "Whats?!?!?"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

SDooM wrote: »
    YAY!!!! Blinky Sally Sparrow goodness!!! Doctor Dancing not Daughtering!!! Lots of exclamations!!!! Not as many "Whats?!?!?"
    And less of the London City Marathon!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

excellent news.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

when they say doctor who returns in 2010, they mean 2009 right?

right?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

when they say doctor who returns in 2010, they mean 2009 right?

right?

No , next year there will be just 3 special episodes
    (to facilitate David Tennants outside acting projects)
    and a full series 5 in 2010

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Holy sh*tballs, I knew there were rumours, but I didn't honestly think this would happen. This is GREAT news; I really hope Moffat brings a little more maturity & sense to the show after what looks like this extremely wobbly 4th series. His 2 parter is surely going to be even more keenly watched than before.

Go on the Moff!

drinks are on me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

This has made my day, nay, my year
    :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Nice one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The key will be those 3 specials; Moffat has a chance to really stamp his vision for the show (coupled with the BBC execs own demands) with those three adventures. I'd love to hear / read some of his thoughts for the show's future (plotlines, themes that sort of thing)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

according to something i was reading on a website i'm probably not allowed link to here, RTD will be handling the specials of 2009 with moffat taking over in 2010.

so... that might not be great.

That's what I heard as well.

From the Guardian article:
    Davies and Julie Gardner, the BBC Wales head of drama, have worked on the fourth series of Doctor Who and are working on four specials for broadcast in 2009.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Yeah, I read that too.

Timely of them to announce this now though -- there's no Who this week (Eurovision is on) but the week after is the first of a Moffat two-parter, 'Silence in the Library'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭nothing

I am so happy about this. I saw a little news on BBC earlier and heard that RTD was quitting... Oh happy days!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

This calls for a

happydance.gif

Happydance !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭Briony Noh

Small reservations - I remember some of the stuff he did on Bugs and while he and Gallagher were the two best writers on that series, he was always Number 2. However, years have passed and Blink was superb - can we expect superb from him every time he puts pen to paper?

On the other hand, he's replacing RTD and that is just the best news in the entire Universe of Space and Time, just as long as he doesn't have to deal with leftover garbage that ties him down into forllowing the same old tiresome path.

Second best news I'd love to hear next was that he, or someone with as much insight and intelligence, had been given a free hand to overhaul that abysmal, atrocious, saddening Torchwood.

Briony Noh wrote: »
    Second best news I'd love to hear next was that he, or someone with as much insight and intelligence, had been given a free hand to overhaul that abysmal, atrocious, saddening Torchwood.

To be fair, I really enjoyed the second season of Torchwood.

• Advertisement

Stark wrote: »
    To be fair, I really enjoyed the second season of Torchwood.
    Aye, was about to say the same thing. I hated season1 of Torchwood, but the second season really picked itself up with better writing, character arcs et al

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Briony Noh wrote: »
    Small reservations - I remember some of the stuff he did on Bugs and while he and Gallagher were the two best writers on that series, he was always Number 2. However, years have passed and Blink was superb - can we expect superb from him every time he puts pen to paper?

On the other hand, he's replacing RTD and that is just the best news in the entire Universe of Space and Time, just as long as he doesn't have to deal with leftover garbage that ties him down into forllowing the same old tiresome path.

Got to agree dude, season two was the bomb, the fuse, and the little bit that connects the two as well.

Advertisement