Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Studies!!!!!!! Help

Options
  • 20-05-2008 4:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

:DHi. im doing my leaving certificate business studies exam soon and im really in trouble. i dont know anything so does any1 have any predictions for this year cheers:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Brooke01

dranahs89 wrote: »
    :DHi. im doing my leaving certificate business studies exam soon and im really in trouble. i dont know anything so does any1 have any predictions for this year cheers:)

are u doing ordinary level ?? start doing the exam paper. You BETTER do ordinary level

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

Business is generally a very easy subject in terms of comprehending everything; however the course itself is huge. Business is the subject which gets the least A's on the leaving cert, apparently.

The difference between honours and pass is that in pass it will generally just ask you to list things, maybe give a brief explanation yet higher level will require you to analyse them.

Start doing the papers, now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 dranahs89

i cant do ordinary level.. i NEED the points lol. so can anybody tell me,what their teachers predicted to come up.. thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

This guy has to be having a laugh, surely?

The course is huge and the answrs require lots of detail at HL.

I doubt he/she will even get an 'A' in Ordinary.

Good luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭MaltEagle

Practise short questions, and even though it says do 8 out of 10 questions for the short questions, do all 10 and your highest 8 will be counted.
    For the ABQ (if you're doing honours) make sure you know Units 5,6, and 7 inside out and remember to quote from the text. Even if it is hard to find a quote to match your point, write something down. You mightn't realise it but alot of the marks are going for quoting from the text.
    For the long questions, I'm predicting Human Resource Management will come up. If not in the long questions, somewhere on the paper. I think it's Chapter 12 in John O Connor's red book. Know the HR functions and that chapter inside out really. I have a feeling the Labour Relations Commission and the Labour Court will appear on the paper too. Remember to stick to your point and explain it well, don't waffle and remember to give as much examples were possible. Don't leave any blanks, write, write and write until the superintendent pulls the pen out of your hand! Hope my advice was good and best of Luck on June 10th.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Brooke01

i cant do ordinary level.. i NEED the points lol. so can anybody tell me,what their teachers predicted to come up.. thanks

HL course is a high course. how many points do u need in ur LC ???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

You guys say the course is huge... I never really though so, Ive everything I need in my notes copy and it only fills a third of a A4 hardback... and no I havent left anything out, everything you could possibly need is there..

Id consider the course fairly small

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭gaybitch

They're really looking for you to apply the knowledge you have in practical business questions a lot of the time - barring the short questions, and specifically on the ABQ. Marks go for stating, explaining and then giving an example. It's not enough to know definitions - you must know advantages, disadvantages, consequences, and examples. In that sense, it is a very challenging course, if it doesn't have as much to learn as subjects such as History or Biology.

Business is a pain in the arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

I agree that answering questions can be very tricky, even if the question appears easy, you never really know how many points they are looking for even if you know its a 20 mark questions
    could be 2 points 10 marks each
    4 points 5 marks each etc etc

bit of a pain in that sense, but still I don't find it too straining at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Riotguy

^ You can't be serious?

You find advantages and disadvantages of Electronic Data Interchange tolerable?

The LC Business syllabus is a product of the anti-christ.

But,eh, yeah, once you've taken some notes and start practicing questions you realise there's quite a bit of repetition so the subject doesn't seem so pointless anymore.

Surely there are other people out there that feel it's all just a rather large cart of BS? I mean, seriously, the theory the books have sometimes...it's so irrelevant...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

learn off units 5,6 and 7 and that's 65% SORTED as it covers the ABQ and questions 2,3 and 7
    however you still need to do good on the short questions and one other one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭DaveyGem

As tough as it seems its not impossible

Do all and i mean ALL the short questions in your past exam papers.

After you do 4 or 5 sets of them you'll find that they begin to repeat themeselves. If you do this you will be off to a good start.

as for the rest i more or less did the whole course orally with a friend the day before hand (pauses for laughter) i.e Ask each other questions like what are the principle s of marketing etc.

a good hint is for every queation try and give 5 examples of how the topic is releveant to the real world. Failing 5 lash down as many as ye can

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭BarryDoodles

i'm sorry but HA!

Advertisement