Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

new metallica anyone?

• 20-05-2008 4:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

anyone heard any of the new metallica songs that are being relesed in sep. Just heard one last nite wanna get other peoples opinion

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I think if its anything like load/reload I will be happy.

I was quiet happy with the little clip of the song. So hopefully it will be good over all.

They have finished recording anyway, bar a few touch ups. and mixing is beginning :)
    Exciting stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 drummeroisin

yupp absolutly unreal. go to youtube and listen to extasty of gold its amazing ... well in my opinion anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

yupp absolutly unreal. go to youtube and listen to extasty of gold its amazing ... well in my opinion anyway

are you sure that that's going to be on the album?

ive heard so many rumors i dont know whats what.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

That was on a tribute album to the composer of ecstasy of gold a while ago,don't think it is gonna be on the album

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Suff

I think the album will sound like "Reload" and I'd be happy...no more St.Anger ****e! They cant sound like "MOP" anymore...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Metallica have been rubbish since 1991. End of...

Ready aim ...fire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

buck65 wrote: »
    Metallica have been rubbish since 1991. End of...

Ready aim ...fire
    I would agree with you that most of Metallica is bunk after 1991 but with the exception of Garage Inc with some cool cover for Sabbaths Sabra Cadabra, Whiskey in the Jar and Lynyrd Skynyrd's. Tuesday's Gone. St Anger was just noise and I hope they don't repeat anything like it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Theres already a thread discussing it:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055292233

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Has anyone signed up to that new "Mission Metallica" website? After you signed up, did you receive an e-mail with a link to activate it? I haven't received any e-mail(s), and was just wondering if anyone else has had the same experience?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

sound alot better than the st anger rubbish anyway :pac:.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 drummeroisin

well i have to say i really liked frantic not regular metallica but gotta give em kudos for changing and still sounding to me anyways really good :) but yeah all the other songs were pretty dismal and yes this song rocks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

sound alot better than the st anger rubbish anyway :pac:.

Would'nt be hard to beat that crap. Seriously, though, the new songs can't really be judged on 30 second snippets......?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭tattoo

Haven't bought a metallica album since 'load'. Praying the new 1 is nothing like st anger.

Looking forward to seeing them for the first time this summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Has anyone signed up to that new "Mission Metallica" website? After you signed up, did you receive an e-mail with a link to activate it? I haven't received any e-mail(s), and was just wondering if anyone else has had the same experience?

i signed up a couple of weeks ago and got an email back saying thanks for registering and keep watching the site or some ****e like that. haven't had any emails since despite updates to it.

Advertisement